Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How should voting be handled?
This poll is closed.
Select a panel of 3-5 judges from common community members or mods 6 27.27%
Community voting, any SA user can vote 14 63.64%
Other, explain below 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Toxxing is dumb like gambling.

Here's a song anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwY8-0Hwo-A
Vvv DJ? :wtc:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

petit choux posted:

Yeah, we were trying to discourage lameass synth jams with hardware.

Too bad.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Ok, sorry, I'm confused, and obviously not comprehending something here. I was just trying to joke that if you didn't want lameass synth jams, too bad, I'm doing that anyway. Trying to be lighthearted and dumb, but just being dumb. Maybe I should climb back into bed and get some more sleep.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

im_sorry posted:

I think if your lameass synth jam involves samples of Ronnie Ray-Gun, it counts for the :toxx:. It's all in good fun.

I don't toxx, and I already posted my lameass synth jam with Ragun

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

B33rChiller, what are you on about here?
Honestly, I have no idea. Sorry, I was being dumb, and not picking up on your sillyness. Switched on Nashville seems terrifying.

Here's an honest attempt at making something more in the spirit of the original challenge

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

im_sorry posted:

Wait.. there's a prize?

I was just going to do my usual "make music because I'm a middle aged loser with nothing else to do" and add some Ray-gun samples to it so it would qualify for a possible compilation.....
:same:

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Oh, I didn't intend to be anti fun. I just wanted to take part in the music making without competing. I don't toxx on philosophical grounds, but this was a really neat idea, and very inspiring.
I'm not in need of prizes. I only needed the idea as a prompt.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

xzzy posted:

We postin' sketches this weekend? Cause I was having fun with a new sample I glued together.

https://soundcloud.com/mrxzzy/tricky/s-rcpPK8YW417?si=397b0bebe6e04c01b039843f26a6cfda
I really like the texture/timbre of your bass line. Ooh yeah.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

All good Cabs'nKs. Figured I should clarify.

petit choux posted:

I've found the trick to cat drawings is to lay a piece of paper on the floor, let the cat lie down on it, then trace the cat.

I just use my cameraphone.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

If you'd like some inspiration for dark electronic sonic themes, I'd like to suggestSurachai

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Put it in cspam, banner ads, and then we can all go around making threads in other forums linking to the voting thread.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, if there's a run of tapes that get made as a result of this, I will absolutely buy multiples.
Perfect gift for friends, family, enemies, etc.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Wrageowrapper posted:

I thought I would try my hand at an unrecognisable Reagan and made this dark ambient track.
https://soundcloud.com/user-128663089/dinner-with-an-atheist

Seeing as no one else has submitted one though I shall abstain from entry, I just wanted to see if I could make anything interesting.

That got me hankerin for some mangling, so here's a hidden Reagan to go along with yours
https://soundcloud.com/beer-chiller/select-reagan-humor-1981-89

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

petit choux posted:

I'm only doing this because I can't meet the deadline. I sorta feel like I"m only getting started and I would try it again, so please, let's do it again. And I really don't care to do anybody but Trumo, though now that I'm getting warmed up I feel like I could try Reagan again.

https://soundcloud.com/tangible_animal_6/uil4

Oh, and I'm still going to make some cables. I think I'll probably talk to the winners about it.

Groovin to this at my posting station. Nice one. Don't let the deadline stop yah from following the inspiration, and continuing!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Coolnezzz posted:

Unfortunately I am not going to make the deadline either. I decided to get sober and spent a month in rehab followed by a week long stay in the hospital after another round of diverticulitis (from celebratory In-n-out the day I got out...

I did order a Moog Taurus as a present to myself for getting clean and hope to have something to share here in the next few weeks! And hopefully I will actually be able to pay attention and learn my synths now that I'm not drunk all day. Woo!

I'll take my :toxx:, sorry I couldn't contribute this time.

Freaking good work! More important than making tunes for the thread. Goongrats.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Yo this is cool. Are you sending midi from Orca to vcv?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I am very pleased by these melons

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Coolenezzz, there's nothing saying you couldn't do a late "bonus track", if you feel like you missed out or something. I don't want to put pressure on you, just don't want you to feel like it's too late, if you're inspired by the concept. Zero expectations here.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Was fun time. Good idea, and thanks for getting this going, Cabbages and Kings

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

im_sorry posted:

I'm just :stoked: because I actually got some votes!

I would totally buy a cassette copy of this compilation, even though shipping to Canada will probably be around double the price of the tape.
I'll group buy with yah, and video toaster is up here with us too. Not sure if we have other Canucks in the compilation, but I think it fits crtc cancon regs for broadcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Has the musk thread, which has been worth far more than tenbux so far.

First line of the op "this is the thread to bully a rich nerd"