Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How should voting be handled?
This poll is closed.
Select a panel of 3-5 judges from common community members or mods 6 27.27%
Community voting, any SA user can vote 14 63.64%
Other, explain below 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Cabbages and Kings posted:

:toxx: I will submit something to this context by 12pm midnight GMT on 10/31/2022, which meets the criteria explained abov

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

In fact, since I'm like a stickler, here:

:toxx: I will submit something to this context by 12pm midnight GMT on 10/31/2022, which meets the criteria explained above

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrlDlrLDSQ&t=22s

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

im_sorry posted:

Before I can :toxx: for this, I need to find some appropriate samples. I'm trying to find one I heard in a song by some now problematic 80s British band, where it has Ronald Ray-Gun talking about how it was the CIA who really turned on America. (It was in "After Suck There's Blow" by the Gaye Bykers on Acid) But if I can't find that one, I'll have to search for some samples, and Ronald Reagan's voice makes me want to throw whatever is reproducing the sound into an industrial shredder.
:same: This machine shreds fascists:

quote:

Also, can we use samples of John Hinckley?

Ask him?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

im_sorry posted:

Before I can :toxx: for this, I need to find some appropriate samples. I'm trying to find one I heard in a song by some now problematic 80s British band, where it has Ronald Ray-Gun talking about how it was the CIA who really turned on America. (It was in "After Suck There's Blow" by the Gaye Bykers on Acid) But if I can't find that one, I'll have to search for some samples, and Ronald Reagan's voice makes me want to throw whatever is reproducing the sound into an industrial shredder.

Can't work with the above videos? You can also purchase or download all his movies. I would think the Bonzo movies would probably yield some great clips. He also published the speech against socialized medicine on vinyl and you can still find it now and then on ebay or discogs. I'm calling dibs on him in Pigskin Parade with Judy Garland (Do it for the Gipper movie).

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Voice of Labor posted:

I'd say dibs on the killers but it's too good not to share, baby

The Killers based on the short story by Hemingway? I didn't know he was in that. Didn't resemble the short story very much IIRC. And no, I don't get to have exclusive dibs on Pigskin Parade.

Oh, I voted #3 because it's all rigged in favor of the liberal librarians

petit choux fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 9, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

"ask him" is indeed a good answer but anything is permissible as long as it also includes a Reagan sample

Anything that's public domain I don't think you need to ask anybody. On the other hand, I wouldn't object if he were to participate in this competition, either. I used to know this DJ kinda buddy in DC that used to refer to good weed as "Hinckley" because he said he had to have been on some amazing poo poo to have done what he did.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

If anyone finds a clean copy of "I am paying for this microphone" you'd be a hero. Everything on youtube is clipped, the crowd noise sucks too. Which I guess is just something you gotta deal with when making samples but someone out there must have a better copy.

LOL I hadn't gotten around to that one yet

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

If anyone finds a clean copy of "I am paying for this microphone" you'd be a hero. Everything on youtube is clipped, the crowd noise sucks too. Which I guess is just something you gotta deal with when making samples but someone out there must have a better copy.

Yeah, I think you're probably going to have to work with that. Terrible acoustics all around. What a melodramatic bitch. Maybe it's time to think out of the box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVHlHR5RcSg

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

Ho boy I hope this wasn’t a mistake :supaburn: I am basically a total music production newbie, but I like music, at least!!

I’ve already got some ideas and possible paths I can take. Some history and interviewing to do, too.

Fair warning: I have significant industrial influence, ssssoooooooo :shepface:

Oh yeah. Oh hey, I'm getting a MIDI adapter for the PO-33. Do you think you can overheat a PO?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

im_sorry posted:

I have no idea how to make music besides lame-rear end synth jams with hardware, so I just program it all into Reaper like a lazy rear end. Hopefully, this is still accepted for the :toxx:.

I need to find more samples that go with "We begin bombing in five minutes".

Yeah, we were trying to discourage lameass synth jams with hardware. This is forum typically leans toward country, western and bluegrass. You're welcome.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ronald Reagan was in some pretty good westerns. I'm just sayin'.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Sort of a Westworld thing goin' on, Reagan gets off the horse, takes off his jodpurs and helmet, puts on blue jeans and a cowboy hat and punches the clock.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

I chopped up one of his speeches. It was way more work than I should have spent on something like this, but to maybe justify it a little I figured I'd put the zip out there in case someone else finds it handy:

http://xzzy.org/files/reagan-iceland-summit-address.zip

It's from his October 13 1986 address, talking about what happened at the summit with Gorbechev in Iceland. There's nothing particularly notable about this speech other than it had clean audio (no reverb, no static, etc). He talks a lot about nukes and stuff. Cutting it up wasn't THAT bad, but it did take a couple hours to get through a 20 minute file. There's better ways to spend 2 hours. The files are named based on the words in them so if you have an app that makes searching by filenames easy, these should be pretty easy to work with.

I might do the war against drug speech he did with Nancy, but I also might not. We'll see.

I had developed some techniques for slicing up speeches in REAPER, it appeared a little tedious but not too difficult.

B33rChiller, what are you on about here? I'm sorry, I am just making dumb jokes, I was hoping you guys would play along and help me trick a couple of goons into trying their hand at country synth.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

CatBlack posted:

This incomprehensible interaction makes me want to make a country sounding reagan synth thing. Not toxing myself until I complete a track tho

Well country on, bro

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

I've just been doing it with audacity, set up a hotkey to export selection to a wav and click through the file. There's no way for it to not be tedious, but it's pretty easy. Only issue is when I accidentally select the entire track and lose where I was in the file.

Either way, I suffered through the drug address and added it to the zip: https://xzzy.org/files/reagan-iceland-plus-drugs.zip

That's enough samples for me.

Wow, thanks! Haven't decided what I'm doing yet here but I may .,;/'

;.l
"?;.lk,m,l.;/'
"?;.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That was a happy accident

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

It's Spooktober soon, and there's been a bunch of chatter about a goon collab project in the Synths thread.

On a now related note, I found myself yesterday listening to Ronald Reagan's "Evil Empire" speech, slicing it up to make a VPME QD sample bank, and I thought "wow this is lit this guy sounds totally theatrical and unhinged, this is a gold mine". Also, the world is hosed enough now that we can look back on Reagan and kind of laugh because his handouts to the rich and efforts to kill gay people (edit: and the poor, and lots of random people in the global south and elsewhere) pale in comparison to the assholes in charge these days.

Challenge / Collaboration / Whatever: 2022 Reagan Revisionism/Remix/Revolution
The only criteria here, and they are blurry, is that you [1] uses a (cited, linked) sample or set of samples of Ronald Reagan in a piece of [2] music involving synthesizers. What's a synthesizer? I'm willing to be extremely generous on that, personally, a synthesizer is anything that performs synthesis, and if you want to pipe some reagan into a Beebo pedal and then gently caress with it by playing an electric-pickup mandolin through it, I'll accept that easily. If you make a set of completely unlistenable patches in VCV rack and pipe the entire canon of reagan speeches through it, I will DEFINITELY accept that.

Entry Fee: The fee is that you toxx in this thread by quoting or posting " :toxx: I will submit something to this context by 12pm midnight GMT on 10/31/2022, which meets the criteria explained above".

Deadline: To be considered for prizes, you need to pay the toxx fee by 9/31/22.

Categories
There are only two categories:

"Identifiable Reagan" - pieces where Reagan is used in a way such that it's clearly discernable human speech that at least could be Reagan.

"Secret Reagan" - pieces where samples are used but have been so heavily distorted that they are not discernable as Reagan. Note that there is a gray area between these two things, and it will be up to creators to decide which category to submit to.

One submission per category per user, but you are free to submit to both

Judging

We can either judge by panel, or just community vote by all goons who agree to actually listen to all submissions. I need to look into leveraging any existing discord infrastructure to do this (with SA user validation), or just put up a poll somewhere. I will figure this out, suggestions welcome, see attached poll.

Prizes

Provided we get at least 20 entries besides myself, I will personally put up a forums upgrade of your choice for winners of both categories as well as a $20 visa gift card. If anyone wants to contribute to the prize pool, PM me. Old/weird/broken cheap gear is always a possibility!

If we exceed 100 unique submissions across both categories I will double my own prize contribution from $20 to $40.

Go forth and sample Reagan!

edit: RESOURCE SHARING

I have made a folder for shared samples, just because I started slicing up "Evil Empire" and I realized I am going to make a lot of samples and probably not use very many of them. Also couldn't help but think about the Hinckley discussion when I was making a clip of "I understand how Abraham Lincoln Felt"....

Here is the folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BLfV7ROuAbph8mbMQvWO2SA1l1CGC_Ws?usp=sharing

I think I have this set up so that anyone with the link is an editor of this folder, and a viewer of my folder. I will probably keep adding samples there, but if you'd like to do the same to make this easier for others, please make a folder with your name, then you can upload to it and maybe tweak the perms on the subfolder to keep someone from getting the link and nuking it. In any case if people start using this I will backup elsewhere to prevent that.

All my samples are mono @ 16 / 44.1 because that's what the VPME QD wants

Hey, I was thinking maybe I can add a couple of pairs of cables to the prize? I've been kinda trying to learn to make cables and I bought a bunch of mil-spec RCA jacks, real nice looking, I could maybe offer a couple pairs of those? It's good practice for me and everybody needs some good cables now and then.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

im_sorry posted:

Wait.. there's a prize?

I was just going to do my usual "make music because I'm a middle aged loser with nothing else to do" and add some Ray-gun samples to it so it would qualify for a possible compilation.....

Well I'm in it to win it by gosh.

Been playing all night with this new Akai keyboard I just got, the MPK25. Not enough keys. I really like it, it has aftertouch and a lot of sensitivity. And gave Surge VST a proper spin. It is extraordinary, just from trying the presets. There were more presets than I could try. Some of which responded to the aftertouch on this new keyboard. This is one of the best free VSTs I've ever tried. This has been lots of fun but it's now 3 am. Cheers

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I just got unbanned and I don't have platinum now so I'm gonna win this puppy.

And when you see these plugs you will want these cables. And I'll use it as an excuse to get my soldering station reassembled.

quote:

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Yeah Surge was professionally-made software that was given over to the open source community, who have enthusiastically adopted it. It's pretty much the best free soft synth out there.

Oh was it, well that explains it, most good free stuff still has a lot more that's kinda ad hoc about it, and that manual is pretty exceptional. It so loving rocks. I found a really nice split keyboard that had percussion on one hand and it had some rather ambient rhythmic poo poo going on and I really felt like this is like loving fingerpainting, I was ecstatic. I think any idiot could enjoy the hell out of this thing and really feel like they're making music. So I'm in the right place. If I get caught using one of these presets to make my entry, I'll just declare bankruptcy and resurface in Brazil as a retired financier/DJ and live my best life in Rio.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 18, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

lol I don't know if any of you are old enough to remember but in the end of the last century all the way into the beginning of the new one there was kind of a loose community of people that were into doing that stuff with tapes. There were a few comedy/musical radio shows on public radio, like the Subgenius Hour, Rev. Suzie, quite a few contributing artists. The Subgenius Hour had lots of people sending in audio collages that had all kind of weird and fun poo poo. I'd recommend their stuff from the 80s-90s, they also got some really weird musical acts that were pretty good. Inciddentally, a lot of them were kind of political and doing humorous or just weird tape splices of Ronald Reagan wouldn't be unheard of.

At this moment I've just dug out an old VST I haven't used in many years, Microdicer from Concrete Effects. Going to have to try autoslicing the Gipper with it too.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 19, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trig Discipline posted:

Oh man, I haven't thought about the Subgenius stuff in a bit. Negativland was doing pretty much the same thing around the same time, and were Subgenii themselves. For those who don't know them, they are actually responsible for delineating and defending many of the rights associated with sampling music and fair use that we mostly take for granted. They seemed to make a hobby of trying to get sued by the biggest names possible, including U2, Pepsi, Disney, and their own record label SST.

I'm actually giving a talk on the manipulation of the spoken word in November so if anyone wants to chime in with notable examples I'd be extremely grateful!

Provide a few more details and I'll try. I'd PM you about it but I haven't won yet and I don't have 10$ to buy plat RN.

This contest is rigged, I deserved to win won because I am a winner!

petit choux fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Sep 19, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The church of the subgenius is where I learned that if you take both the red pill and the blue pill you can get really hosed up.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Trig Discipline posted:

Basically it's just a talk about exactly what's going on in this thread - taking a bunch of spoken word and cutting it to say something entirely new, usually in the context of satire. I was planning to talk about Negativland, The Evolution Control Committee, Cassetteboy and my own stuff in the same vein. I think my slot's only about twenty minutes so it's not exactly going to be a deep dive and a lot of it's going to focus on Son of Strelka/Hardcore Prophecy, but I do want to hit the big highlights of the "genre" as a whole before drilling in on my own work.

The "genre" is in quotes because I don't know of a single catchall term for this sort of samplefuckery, but one of the points I'm going to touch on toward the end is that it might be on its way to being a dying art form before it ever became all that popular; the advent of machine learning-based methods increasingly allows people to say anything they want in any voice they want, without hours (or in my case hundreds of hours because I'm weird like that) of cutting, pasting, and tweaking.

Then I'm going to sort of end on what's lost when you do it that way. Doing this kind of audio manipulation is always a negotiation with the source material, where it feels like you're trying to make the story go in a given direction and the source material is fighting back or maybe pointing a different way entirely. The story you end up telling is never what you would have come up with if you just sat down and started typing, and that's kinda the beauty of it.

I'm hoping I can get illustrations done for my new Attenborough thing (https://soundcloud.com/danwarren/attenboroughs-monsters) in time, because for that one I used the Google speech-to-text API to automate the library creation, which is by far the most onerous part of the process. I feel like that's a really cool sort of optimistic "maybe new advances can actually help this sort of audio collage be more accessible to people who want to try it" take-home that will counteract the voice synthesis stuff. Also the main audience will be scientists so I think they'll dig it.

edit: On a side note, I'm a scientist myself and Son of Strelka actually appears on my Google Scholar page because it's been cited in a few academic works.

Oh wow, thanks for the detailed answer. And I didn't know you were a scientist, I'll try to be a little more careful next time!

I've given this an awful lot of thought, but instead of focusing on the potential of this little medium, being an art school dropout I was focused on the historical and artistic precedent. Our big thing back then was comparing the medium of audio collage to precedent in the visual arts, particularly Kurt Schwitters, Robert Rauschenberg, all the best of the guys and dolls that worked with "found material" in the early 20th C and did a lot to shape the visual arts. Pop art, and of course you may recall that the subgenius people called their art "Bulldada," so a lot of reverence for the most irreverent genre ever to have existed.

But there was also a lot of easy and substantial "artistic" precedent in the political recordings (ED: I think my recollection was a little unclear. Now that I'm remembering them a little bit better, they were not usually political so much as about hot topics for the time, sometimes political.) Not that it's of much significance nowadays but I'm 60 and when I was a little boy I used to love that tacky stuff, it was probably from a very small number of people, It was really lowbrow, but it was basically audio political cartoons using samples taken from virtually anywhere. I bet the people doing it have documented their efforts to some extent. I recall made-up interviews with political (ED: and celebrities) figures where they took all the answers from utterances popular in the media, played in a humorous context. It was really about as lowbrow as political cartooning typically goes. But prior to Morning Zoo type shows, there would be loud, obnoxious DJs in the booth having fun and playing goofy poo poo like that. It was full of the most popular soundbytes and memes that the "artists" could find. It was something along these lines: a fictional newscaster is interviewing Jimmy Carter and Jaws the movie has just come out and everybody is crazy to go see Jaws. So they ask the president how he feels about his polls, and his response is the guy from jaws saying "we need a bigger boat" or something, ka-kow. So pretty much the level of intellect you'd find in a lot of Twitter reaction videos. And it really worked for 6-year old me with my first tape recorder. And it was really effective at spreading memes and political biases.

The thing I'd maybe suggest, since you're a professor and all, would be maybe a little Ken Nordine. He did not work with audio recordings beyond his own voice, and his big thing was reworking words, phrases and ideas into different contexts. I'm sure you'll remember him if you hear him, he was one of the most popular voiceover people in advertising in the 80s-90s. The act of de- and re-contextualizing words or phrases and the resulting sweet confusion is one of the biggest parts of it, and what made Ken so amusing, in addition to his good voice. (just look up Ken Nordine on Youtube, maybe try "word jazz."

But I just went off on my hobby horse a little bit there. I might have some more useful suggestions but I had to get that off my chest. Cheers

ED: I think my description of the tape editing things above was mostly accurate but they weren't mostly political. I do recall some being specifically political but mostly they were about popular topics.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Sep 20, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Just goofing around before I go mow the lawn:

https://soundcloud.com/tangible_animal_6/quagmiredeals-008

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

So Math posted:

Oh man, I've been getting back into Subgenius the last week or two. Found out Stang ended the show this summer with obits. :smith: Highly recommend the Lonesome Cowboy Dave in Space episode if anyone hasn't heard it yet.

Oh wow, so the show is over. So sad. I was a big fan of Dave and Hal too. Hal, ICYDK, was the voice of the scientist in the original Half Life. He was in incredibly funny guy.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I think I am going to be using this speech, or just bits of it. I'm having a problem listening to him RN because Trump makes him sound so intelligent and reasonable by comparison.

https://soundcloud.com/tangible_animal_6/dsp15-stems

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I spent like $350 on a loopman; how could I not also do this?

this one is even more amazing because Newsmax made it, on cassette, in 2005. Know your audience, I guess!

Great minds think alike, mate, I don't have a pic RN but that link I posted above is recorded from a cassette from the ministry of evangelist Billy Ray Hargis, and has no copyright markings of any kind. It appears to be Reagan's address to his congregation in 82-3. And just for a nice little soundbyte, listen to the first few seconds. Anybody's welcome to use it.

Oh, and I have acquired some very nice raw cable for those cables I'm going to be giving away, some of this woven housing. You can have any color you like, so long as it's black.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I'm just going to have to abandon all hope and dash something together with VSTIs. Maybe next time, and I want there to be more of these, I'll have my poo poo together better but I've been going cray cray over having apparently the first good keyboard in my life, and I've stopped doing anything with the pocket operators for a bit now in favor of my first keyboard with aftertouch.

ED: No, I'm just going to have to go with the 10/31 deadline is all. I just don't have it very together yet.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 25, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

toadee posted:

May be of interest to some for this challenge - Dave Griffiths and Aphex Twin just released this weird spectral morphing/mashing sample tool for free. It takes a target sample and a collection of ‘brain’ samples and tries to fit the sound of the brain to the target, but with varying user designed block sizes and analysis algorithms and such.

https://gitlab.com/then-try-this/samplebrain

cool, yeah, somebody just mentioned it above, may have to look into it.

I'm here to announce that we need to rename this challenge to the Reagan Synth Revolution Challenge and I'm going forward with that on all fronts. And I think we should probably do something like this once a quarter, and not require that they be effort pieces. I mean I had a great time just running a speech through Stutter Edit last night and had a lot of fun. I suddenly realized I can put an arp in front of Stutter Edit while he talks, some good clean fun here by gosh.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

toadee posted:

oops, totally missed it!

No, redundancy is good! I will look into it now that two people have posted it here.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

That's my CSPAM roots showing. A post is at worst a bump for the thread. And now look, we're up to 4 pages!

And BTW, Cabbages and Kings, I have been listening to Reagan speaking for the first time in years, and it's been very instructive, even if I didn't ever do anything with the audio. And thinking about him compared to Trump a little bit. So thanks, and I'm okay with doing this more often.

petit choux fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 27, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

xzzy posted:

As I was staring at waveforms of his voice cutting out clips it was interesting to start to key into the way he spoke. I've never listened to a person talk in that detail before. One common example was when looking for a clear sample of him saying "the" or any other connecting type words. Super common word, gets used constantly. But he always rushed through pronouncing it and if there was another connecting word (say, "of the" or "have the") they were badly mushed/slurred together. Isolate that clip and it was indecipherable mush but expand the selection to include more context and it was super clear to me what he was saying, the "the" always sounded clear and legible.

I assume all of us do the same thing we just don't hear it because our brains are used to hearing entire sentences and does appropriate filtering.

Yeah, as a paid transcriber for years, it's extremely common. And Reagan threw in all these little signature things. I've been noticing this little quaver in his voice he throws in for effect. He really was a well-accomplished actor.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

I will be DMing CSPAM mod Calibinal to resolve this issue, and their decision will be binding as it is in all things.

LOL tell him the Trumo thread misses him for me

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

STREAMING NEWSMAX.COM 2005 CASSETTE, "REAGAN'S GREATEST HITS" OVER A FAIRLY lovely SET OF BUMPS AND DRONES

YOUR CHANCE TO ENGAGE WITH THIS CUTTING EDGE CONTENT

https://twitch.tv/suboptimalsynthesis

SAD!! I WILL HEAD UP GROUP??

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

it's all good :D I am just happy for participation and was being a bit silly.

i finally had an actual idea come to my head, and i have a month to mess with it, so that's the direction i'm headed. it involves me singing, which, uh. people familiar with my COVID midi tracks know how well that usually goes :allears:

:nice:

this is also funny because you sneaked in in the weird window where it was already 10/1 in MY timezone, but not everywhere :)

Toxx cutoff has been reached, but, anyone just tuning in now, you're still eligable for "best overall". Also I have decided all prize winners and maybe even all entrants get a jpg of a UNIQUE cat drawn by me. They won't be NFTs, highly fungible cats, and they may or may not have more than 30 seconds put into them.

I've found the trick to cat drawings is to lay a piece of paper on the floor, let the cat lie down on it, then trace the cat.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Well the cat is more likely to hold still doing it your way I admit

Or chew on the pencil

petit choux fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 2, 2022

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

STREAMING NEWSMAX.COM 2005 CASSETTE, "REAGAN'S GREATEST HITS" OVER A FAIRLY lovely SET OF BUMPS AND DRONES

YOUR CHANCE TO ENGAGE WITH THIS CUTTING EDGE CONTENT

https://twitch.tv/suboptimalsynthesis

e: my god this tape is hilariously bad, reagan clips interspersed with a midwest drawl newsmax commentator

this is as painful as the drone

my head is vibrating with beads and reagan

Getting nice and heavy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

if these were Reagan's greatest jokes I don't wanna hear the outtakes

how many "dems in disarray" jokes can you make before even CSPAM brain goes :rolleyes:? The answer was less than I expected

Same generation as Bob Hope, basically same approach to humor. The speech I put up, he made uncomfortable throat-clearing noises while waiting for the laughter to die down a couple times or more, it sounded like. Nothing unnatural but it still gave it an especially eerie feeling. Also on one occasion he waited for the applause that didn't come and you could tell he was disappointed, but not angry. Oh, and the only funny bit is in the very beginning, where the announcer starts getting feedback while he's introducing the president and gets really angry during the last 6 words or so. And yet it felt so right somehow.