Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How should voting be handled?
This poll is closed.
Select a panel of 3-5 judges from common community members or mods 6 27.27%
Community voting, any SA user can vote 14 63.64%
Other, explain below 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
Before I can :toxx: for this, I need to find some appropriate samples. I'm trying to find one I heard in a song by some now problematic 80s British band, where it has Ronald Ray-Gun talking about how it was the CIA who really turned on America. (It was in "After Suck There's Blow" by the Gaye Bykers on Acid) But if I can't find that one, I'll have to search for some samples, and Ronald Reagan's voice makes me want to throw whatever is reproducing the sound into an industrial shredder.

Also, can we use samples of John Hinckley?

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Sep 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

Can't work with the above videos? You can also purchase or download all his movies. I would think the Bonzo movies would probably yield some great clips. He also published the speech against socialized medicine on vinyl and you can still find it now and then on ebay or discogs. I'm calling dibs on him in Pigskin Parade with Judy Garland (Do it for the Gipper movie).

I just found this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tplzaufz3w

I think I have some source material now, and have started working on the music already, so I think I can safely

:toxx: I will submit something to this context by 12pm midnight GMT on 10/31/2022, which meets the criteria explained above.

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Sep 9, 2022

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

Anything that's public domain I don't think you need to ask anybody. On the other hand, I wouldn't object if he were to participate in this competition, either. I used to know this DJ kinda buddy in DC that used to refer to good weed as "Hinckley" because he said he had to have been on some amazing poo poo to have done what he did.

I think that Hinckley was also a term for joints dipped in PCP. I recall seeing it in an old book about PCP from the 80s.

I found this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co7Uips60xA - it seems like it could be a good source of samples.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

xzzy posted:

I have a newfound respect for people that take the time to go through audio and cut it up to make people say stuff they never said.

This one, from the 90s (it uses Rush Limbaugh clips) is an utter masterpiece of cutting and pasting audio. With computers the way they were in the 90s, they must have done it with tape, which I can't even imagine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq7nxvAPS-c

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Cabbages and Kings posted:

:same: and I made the thread so welcome.

I have no idea how to make music besides lame-rear end synth jams with hardware, so I just program it all into Reaper like a lazy rear end. Hopefully, this is still accepted for the :toxx:.

I need to find more samples that go with "We begin bombing in five minutes".

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

B33rChiller posted:

Ok, sorry, I'm confused, and obviously not comprehending something here. I was just trying to joke that if you didn't want lameass synth jams, too bad, I'm doing that anyway. Trying to be lighthearted and dumb, but just being dumb. Maybe I should climb back into bed and get some more sleep.

I think if your lameass synth jam involves samples of Ronnie Ray-Gun, it counts for the :toxx:. It's all in good fun.

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

Hey, I was thinking maybe I can add a couple of pairs of cables to the prize?

Wait.. there's a prize?

I was just going to do my usual "make music because I'm a middle aged loser with nothing else to do" and add some Ray-gun samples to it so it would qualify for a possible compilation.....

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

So Math posted:

Oh man, I've been getting back into Subgenius the last week or two. Found out Stang ended the show this summer with obits. :smith: Highly recommend the Lonesome Cowboy Dave in Space episode if anyone hasn't heard it yet.

God drat... I've been listening to the Hour of Slack off and on since I gave the church my $30 back in 1998. I still have the membership card in my wallet.

It's the only church that offers eternal salvation, or TRIPLE your money back!!

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

petit choux posted:

I'm just going to have to abandon all hope and dash something together with VSTIs.

That's what I did for my submission below. I didn't use very many samples, but I'm still pretty new at sampling and not very confident about my sampling skills.

:toxx: submission : https://soundcloud.com/the_door_is_scary/we-begin-bombing-in-five-minutes

im_sorry fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 25, 2022

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Cabbages and Kings posted:

I've been sick for more than a week, this is loving ludicrous. i have samples i want to used picked and sliced, some drumd and an awful vocal track, nothing fits together well but i think I'm just going to get high and and stitch something together and that'll be good enough!!

That's what I did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp
I'm just :stoked: because I actually got some votes!

I would totally buy a cassette copy of this compilation, even though shipping to Canada will probably be around double the price of the tape.