Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How should voting be handled?
This poll is closed.
Select a panel of 3-5 judges from common community members or mods 6 27.27%
Community voting, any SA user can vote 14 63.64%
Other, explain below 2 9.09%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i've been moving and thus need motivation to actually finish putting the rest of my studio poo poo in place so :toxx: I will submit something to this context by 12pm midnight GMT on 10/31/2022, which meets the criteria explained above

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

when i took my intro to sound design class, the very first assignment was to take a 30 minute phone conversation that had been accidentally recorded on a bar answering machine in the 90s and chop it down to 3 minutes of making them say whatever wild poo poo we could. that professor ruled

Trig Discipline posted:

I'm actually giving a talk on the manipulation of the spoken word in November so if anyone wants to chime in with notable examples I'd be extremely grateful!

i don't have any specific examples, but i used to be a cam op on some discovery channel reality shows and those were FULL of frankenbytes that were often more noticable than not

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Cabbages and Kings posted:

Four days left! I hope we get another 8 last minute submissions here (including my own, of course), I'd feel bad if anyone actually got banned over this silly nonsense.

lol i ended up taking a bunch of extra shifts at work this month so this is my first free weekend, so there will be at least one by tomorrow night (or tonight if it goes well)

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

toadee posted:

Do note that the contest ends at midnight GMT, not EST, so 8pm EST (or 5pm PST, etc)

lol oh poo poo

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

this is the grossest thing i have ever made

https://soundcloud.com/captainviolence/reagan-melons

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i think a week for voting is good, yeah.

i'm finally getting a chance to go through and listen to all the submissions and good lord :stonklol: goons somehow make good music even about monsters!

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Pollyanna posted:

same lol i just wanted a poke in the rear end to create

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

i thought all the entries were great and i think the votes should have been distributed equally