Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the most recent one

Well apparently I was in a coma so I don't remember.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Murdock was pretty kick-rear end in the latest Spider-man movie

Yeah it was like 10 seconds but I liked it. I'm not a big fan of daredevil but that guy seems cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

What I don't get about Marvel Phase 4 is, like, why they gotta blow their load all over someone's face all the time? Like they pull out and just stand there jacking off for minutes on end. All the time with this poo poo. I mean the editor could at least make a cut so we don't gotta see all of that. No one wants to see some coked up superhero desperately trying to ejaculate on cue, too souped up on boner pills to feel anything.

kinda gross way to put it, but I get your point. We need to relate to these characters

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I don't watch TV shows so those are out.

I tried watching the new Dr. Strange last night but got bored maybe halfway through. It was just so ridiculous and out there and that made it boring I guess.

I'll try again I'm sure.

MCU movies do seem to be getting worse and worse.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Disney will never push the envelope or take a huge risk. A talking Racoon isn't actually that crazy or a risk. I'm not necessarily talking about blood or grit, but the fact that the last two were pretty absent from a character known for both just shows where its head is at. This also doesn't mean every Marvel project will be "bad" but it will really always just be safe poo poo. Don't watch any of it expecting art or for it to ever really move you, or cause any kind of genuine reflection or contemplation. They will attract talent, as in directors and actors, who are known for doing good work and they may add to the experience but don't expect them to ever pull an academy award winning material out.

It's basically candy and other types of junk food. Sometimes it hits the spot, sometimes it was good in the moment but you regret it after, but it will never be good for you because it has no nutritional value.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Well, Deadpool 3 will be rated R which is the first, at least MCU, R rated disney movie. They'll probably tone it down a bit but that's interesting at least.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I don't watch TV shows so those are out.

I tried watching the new Dr. Strange last night but got bored maybe halfway through. It was just so ridiculous and out there and that made it boring I guess.

I'll try again I'm sure.

MCU movies do seem to be getting worse and worse.

It's very Sam Raimi. I liked it for the visuals and direction. The plot sucked

Strange Poon posted:

Disney will never push the envelope or take a huge risk. A talking Racoon isn't actually that crazy or a risk. I'm not necessarily talking about blood or grit, but the fact that the last two were pretty absent from a character known for both just shows where its head is at. This also doesn't mean every Marvel project will be "bad" but it will really always just be safe poo poo. Don't watch any of it expecting art or for it to ever really move you, or cause any kind of genuine reflection or contemplation. They will attract talent, as in directors and actors, who are known for doing good work and they may add to the experience but don't expect them to ever pull an academy award winning material out.

It's basically candy and other types of junk food. Sometimes it hits the spot, sometimes it was good in the moment but you regret it after, but it will never be good for you because it has no nutritional value.

I know. I don't expect anything different. It was a good and fun run while it lasted, but, I think I'm done.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Well, Deadpool 3 will be rated R which is the first, at least MCU, R rated disney movie. They'll probably tone it down a bit but that's interesting at least.

Mr reynolds has not done me wrong yet. I am waiting for the third

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

It's very Sam Raimi. I liked it for the visuals and direction. The plot sucked

Yeah I was excited about that. Spider-Man 2 is probably my favorite superhero movie ever.

Maybe I'll drink less next time I try it.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Yeah I was excited about that. Spider-Man 2 is probably my favorite superhero movie ever.

Maybe I'll drink less next time I try it.

It was not a great Sam Rami movie. I think he did his best

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

It's ok to like trash sometimes.

Well, besides anime.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

It's ok to like trash sometimes.

Well, besides anime.

Its ok to like anime too, as long as it is Dragonball Z
E: or Berserk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I'm watching Sandman on netflix, and it's pretty good

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

I'm fully willing to eat crow on my prediction. And yeah, this has me curious if it will open the door for something more but my guess is that Ryan Reynolds is actually very passionate about the role and seeing a third movie made, so he probably negotiated hard to see it done and traded off some things or made personal sacrifices most talent will never sign off on.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Marvel stuff post-Endgame feels a bit like those seasons of the Office they made after Steve Carell left

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Its ok to like anime too, as long as it is Dragonball Z
E: or Berserk

not even once

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Finally watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night. I didnt like it. The writing was mega bad, and the ending Thor could've just raced Christian Bale to Eternity and wished Jane back to life :mad:

Dr Strange 2 was an excellent Sam Raimi movie but a very weak MCU movie.

IMO the writing on some of the MCU tv shows - wandavision, loki, now she-hulk - is top-notch and Disney should focus more on that format.

I'm curious/doubtful that they'll be able to mold three phases of movies + tv shows + video games into another :airquote: Event :airquote: like Thanos and infinity war/endgame.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

not even once

ok how about dragonball Z abridged? You know made by those western guys

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

id rather nail my scrote to the wall

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

when are they going to make a marvel vs capcom movie

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Finally watched Thor: Love and Thunder last night. I didnt like it. The writing was mega bad, and the ending Thor could've just raced Christian Bale to Eternity and wished Jane back to life :mad:

Dr Strange 2 was an excellent Sam Raimi movie but a very weak MCU movie.

IMO the writing on some of the MCU tv shows - wandavision, loki, now she-hulk - is top-notch and Disney should focus more on that format.

I'm curious/doubtful that they'll be able to mold three phases of movies + tv shows + video games into another :airquote: Event :airquote: like Thanos and infinity war/endgame.

I agree with everything you said.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

bossy lady posted:

when are they going to make a marvel vs capcom movie

Leon Scott Kennedy is too powerful

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Vampire Panties posted:

From what I understand they’re trying to pull together a “multiverse Avengers” event. Kinda like Sony did with No Way Home but with anyone who’s ever been in a marvel licensed movie that would be willing to show up.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I heard Knuckles is in Sonic 2.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

I heard Knuckles is in Sonic 2.

only if you have the special sonic 3 cartage, with the plug in top

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Just recast the roles, they did that with James Bind so many times nobody cared

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Just recast the roles, they did that with James Bind so many times nobody cared

didn't the internet get into an uproar last year, because 007 was going to be a, gasp, Woman?
If you do it right no one will even notice that poo poo. "Dredd" was a fantastic movie where Judge Dredd was replaced by a woman

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Right I should have clarified, recast all roles with a middle aged white man

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

didn't the internet get into an uproar last year, because 007 was going to be a, gasp, Woman?
If you do it right no one will even notice that poo poo. "Dredd" was a fantastic movie where Judge Dredd was replaced by a woman
Karl Urban is a woman?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Outpost22 posted:

Right I should have clarified, recast all roles with a middle aged white man

as a middle aged white man I have to agree

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jelly posted:

Karl Urban is a woman?

he does have nice titties

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
edit: Karl Urban has nice everything. :allears:

Strange Poon posted:

I'm fully willing to eat crow on my prediction. And yeah, this has me curious if it will open the door for something more but my guess is that Ryan Reynolds is actually very passionate about the role and seeing a third movie made, so he probably negotiated hard to see it done and traded off some things or made personal sacrifices most talent will never sign off on.

As far as I remember, Reynolds was SUPER into pushing Deadpool for many years. Finally someone bit. He really was born to play that role. Like RDJ for Stark.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's when Marvel flies off, takes a deep breath and unleashes fire on the raid right

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

As far as I remember, Reynolds was SUPER into pushing Deadpool for many years. Finally someone bit. He really was born to play that role. Like RDJ for Stark.

They never fully went down the addiction route for Tony Stark. RDJ was brilliant casting regardless.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

edit: Karl Urban has nice everything. :allears:

Reynolds had a younger brother who saw him play deadpool in the wolverine movie and hated it. His brother sent him some comics about Deadpool and the rest is history, I guess

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Marvel Phase 4 is basically them ditching most of the characters that had the name recognition to draw audiences and expecting every D-List character to have the same success Guardians and Black Panther had despite the general hype for Marvel cooling off post-Endgame.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I know. I don't expect anything different. It was a good and fun run while it lasted, but, I think I'm done.

Don't let me get in the way of enjoying stuff OP, I think you can still find entertainment in these movies but I think people are expecting the Marvel stuff to maybe start trying to be something *more* and I just think Disney will allow people to tease but never realize it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Reynolds had a younger brother who saw him play deadpool in the wolverine movie and hated it. His brother sent him some comics about Deadpool and the rest is history, I guess

I honestly liked the Origins movie. But I always like seeing new character introductions. I'm a fan of Gambit. Also, Liev Schreiber is a fantastic actor. Obviously a different take on Sabertooth, but poo poo, you put a good actor in the role and see what happens.

super sweet best pal posted:

Marvel Phase 4 is basically them ditching most of the characters that had the name recognition to draw audiences and expecting every D-List character to have the same success Guardians and Black Panther had despite the general hype for Marvel cooling off post-Endgame.

Yesterday I googled the how to watch the MCU universe in order and saw different phases. That was the first time I saw the phase thing. Phase 4 looked awful and so far I'm not a fan at all. And again, I'm not going to watch a 10 hour movie over a few months. I don't care for tv show series. I want to watch a movie in 2.5 hours (ugh, wtf is up with this these days) and have at least one complete story be hashed out.

edit: also yeah I don't really care much for anything past endgame so far.

edit2: just checked out phase 4 and I don't like anything so far. I liked the new Spiderman one because they brought back in the other characters from the movies that I actually liked lol. But this multiverse poo poo is so dumb. They can literally just do anything with it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 11, 2022

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
I’ve had a lot of fun with Phase 4. Shang Chi has been my favorite movie so far, if only because me and my little brother watched like every kung fu movie we could find growing up, and it felt like a love letter to the genre.

I’m liking She Hulk once it dawned on me I was watching a sitcom and to temper my expectations accordingly. It’s cute and fun and it has a big green lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I honestly liked the Origins movie.

Just know that I will never forgive you for saying that.

Strange Poon posted:

Don't let me get in the way of enjoying stuff OP, I think you can still find entertainment in these movies but I think people are expecting the Marvel stuff to maybe start trying to be something *more* and I just think Disney will allow people to tease but never realize it.

I'm just kinda tired of it, ya know. Been watching Spider-man and Batman movies for 30 years now. I still like em, but, I'm not as interested as I used to be