Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Just know that I will never forgive you for saying that.

That's completely fair and I respect your opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Also gotta throw it out there that I think my favorite superhero.... well not favorite, but one of them, is Colossus. I remember seeing him in the 90s cartoon and loving him. Such a good heart.

There was an arcade here in a mall in the 90s that I went to all the time and they had the big X-Men game with 6 players and Colossus was my favorite. Best to play. He had a move that exploded everyone around you so when you get in trouble it's great to hit the button.

I saw him in X-Men 2 and freaked out even though he was in it for like 10 seconds. And it wasn't the real Colossus. Also he was in Days of Future Past which was a fantastic movie. Probably my favorite X-Men movie.

Deadpool was amazing for my Colossus needs. And he was the great good hearted, I don't want to hurt anyone but I can murder you with a single punch, type guy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Also gotta throw it out there that I think my favorite superhero.... well not favorite, but one of them, is Colossus. I remember seeing him in the 90s cartoon and loving him. Such a good heart.

There was an arcade here in a mall in the 90s that I went to all the time and they had the big X-Men game with 6 players and Colossus was my favorite. Best to play. He had a move that exploded everyone around you so when you get in trouble it's great to hit the button.

I saw him in X-Men 2 and freaked out even though he was in it for like 10 seconds. And it wasn't the real Colossus. Also he was in Days of Future Past which was a fantastic movie. Probably my favorite X-Men movie.

Deadpool was amazing for my Colossus needs. And he was the great good hearted, I don't want to hurt anyone but I can murder you with a single punch, type guy.

I thought Colossus was great in the Deadpool movies too, shame they never really got it right in the mainline x-films

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Awww, Colossus was one of my top guys too. A ruff and tuff, extremely muscular guy with a good heart, just like me :buddy:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Hell yeah Colossus lovers!

This was basically his entirety of X2 and I think I came while he was still turning to steel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpe_au6Gke4

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The comics had this poo poo solved decades ago. You want to push someone like Kingo? Have him guest star in an Iron Man or Spider-Man comic.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Personally I'm waiting for the Stilt-man mini-series

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The work print or whatever of Wolverine origins leaked without special effects and I torrented it at the time. It was better than the final cut

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Blue Raider posted:

The work print or whatever of Wolverine origins leaked without special effects and I torrented it at the time. It was better than the final cut

thanks for sharing buddy. enriched all of lives

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Old Man Logan got it right to the max.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

thanks for sharing buddy. enriched all of lives

Yw

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Blue Raider posted:

This is v. specifically what I remember about Origins - the workprint edition made it hilarious minor spoilers watching Wolvie tumble across the top of that truck had my group of friends dying laughing, and the end scene with the CGI 3 mile island was :discourse:

super sweet best pal posted:

Marvel Phase 4 is basically them ditching most of the characters that had the name recognition to draw audiences and expecting every D-List character to have the same success Guardians and Black Panther had despite the general hype for Marvel cooling off post-Endgame.

:haibrower::haibrower::haibrower:

Who the gently caress cares about Moon Knight?!?!?!?! Kevin Feige is trying to hit the lottery again vis-a-vis lovely comic book characters that very talented directors make :airquote: work :airquote: in cinema. James Gunn's soundtracks did more for GoTG than the books ever did.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I'm a couple years behind the times but if we're talking comix poo poo in the media I finally binged the Watchmen series and it ended up being real fuckin good

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
if this forum has done anything it has brought us fellow Colossus lovers together.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

This is v. specifically what I remember about Origins - the workprint edition made it hilarious minor spoilers watching Wolvie tumble across the top of that truck had my group of friends dying laughing, and the end scene with the CGI 3 mile island was :discourse:

:haibrower::haibrower::haibrower:

Who the gently caress cares about Moon Knight?!?!?!?! Kevin Feige is trying to hit the lottery again vis-a-vis lovely comic book characters that very talented directors make :airquote: work :airquote: in cinema. James Gunn's soundtracks did more for GoTG than the books ever did.

you got it. I liked hearing GNR in Love and Thunder, but it wasn't the same as when Immigrant song hit in Ragnarok. Just felt kinda hollow

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ElectricSheep posted:

I'm a couple years behind the times but if we're talking comix poo poo in the media I finally binged the Watchmen series and it ended up being real fuckin good

I was about to bust your balls and say it was a movie, but there was a show as well wasn't there

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Zeluth posted:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

we talking about the movie or the comic? Cause the comic was some real Mark Millar poo poo, and I have it on good authority that he licks goats

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Strange Poon posted:

if this forum has done anything it has brought us fellow Colossus lovers together.

That's Colossus agreeing with you in the background.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I recently seen red strawberry seeds in my poo poo. This could mean a few things.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ElectricSheep posted:

good news there's lots of other terrible poo poo out there for you to enjoy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Marvel

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
The MCU ended with Endgame as far as I’m concerned. The only phase 4 thing I’ve seen is Eternals, which was mediocre and I only saw it because the guy I was dating wanted to. Even if the new shows and movies interested me there’s just so loving much of it now that I’d get burned out trying to keep up with it all.

Black Panther 2 might get my money if they can manage to not piss on Chadwick Boseman’s grave for two hours, otherwise I don’t care. Who the gently caress is Moon Knight anyway

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lurker Ant posted:

Who the gently caress is Moon Knight anyway

Multiple personalities Batman who believes he's possessed by an Egyptian moon god.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

we already have the RLM thread, thanks

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

But this multiverse poo poo is so dumb. They can literally just do anything with it.

You're new to Marvel comics, arent you?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I think that losing RDJ, Chris Evans and Chadwick Boseman was pretty much the death of the MCU as far as performance and gravitas goes. They did a really great job holding it down, especially Chris Evans who turned a corny character into one that was really fun and watchable. The rest of them just kinda seem lightweight in comparison.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

loving capes, I'm over them.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

I think that losing RDJ, Chris Evans and Chadwick Boseman was pretty much the death of the MCU as far as performance and gravitas goes. They did a really great job holding it down, especially Chris Evans who turned a corny character into one that was really fun and watchable. The rest of them just kinda seem lightweight in comparison.

Disney has already started getting flamed by the chuds about Sam Wilson becoming the new Captain America. Despite y'know, that staying true to the comics.

They're also bizarrely upset that She-Hulk is a sexual being, too

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

Disney has already started getting flamed by the chuds about Sam Wilson becoming the new Captain America. Despite y'know, that staying true to the comics.

They're also bizarrely upset that She-Hulk is a sexual being, too

I like Anthony Mackie but he doesn't really have the kind of charisma to hold down a movie like Chris Evans did. The She Hulk chud stuff is really silly though, that show is a lot of fun.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

All of the phase 4 stuff is pretty forgettable with a sprinkling of some real cool poo poo, like 3 spidermen all punching the same guy, a bunch of Evil Dead references, and 2 screaming goats pulling a space longship

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I tried to watch the first Thor movie after my friend said I had to watch marvel stuff and the only thing entering phase 4 was my sleep cycle before the movie ended

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Ad by Khad posted:

I tried to watch the first Thor movie after my friend said I had to watch marvel stuff and the only thing entering phase 4 was my sleep cycle before the movie ended

To be fair the first Thor movie is pretty bad

Dark World was decent and Ragnarok is superb. Haven't yet seen Love and Thunder

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

I like Anthony Mackie but he doesn't really have the kind of charisma to hold down a movie like Chris Evans did.

Oh believe me its not about his acting ability

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm surprised Endgame didn't include General Secretary of Defense Ross rolling through a portal with every branch of the US military at his disposal to save our heroes in a moment of crisis.

But then I remembered that the movie wasn't made in the late 80s-mid 2000s

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Dell_Zincht posted:

To be fair the first Thor movie is pretty bad

Dark World was decent and Ragnarok is superb. Haven't yet seen Love and Thunder

Dark World was even worse than the first one lol

Ragnarok was excellent. Love and Thunder has some of those same vibes but isn't as good, definitely the second best Thor movie though

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
Anyone ever see or like Misfits (the UK show, not the band) or Misfits of Science? I just watched a couple episodes of The Imperfects on Netflix, which seems pretty clearly inspired by those shows. Maybe a little bit of Doom Patrol mixed int. So far it's a good time, it's got a little punk rock vibe and it's not trying to be more than it is which is just a show about some weirdos getting superpowers but not ones that are really helpful at all to them.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Strange Poon posted:

Anyone ever see or like Misfits (the UK show, not the band) or Misfits of Science? I just watched a couple episodes of The Imperfects on Netflix, which seems pretty clearly inspired by those shows. Maybe a little bit of Doom Patrol mixed int. So far it's a good time, it's got a little punk rock vibe and it's not trying to be more than it is which is just a show about some weirdos getting superpowers but not ones that are really helpful at all to them.

Misfits was excellent until half the original cast left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
I liked how Korg had a manbaby with some dude named Dwayne. We went and saw that the day it came out since we were both off work, and when Zeus showed up I asked my girlfriend, "is... that Russel Crowe's fat rear end?" and proceeded to have a fun time with that scene.

Caesar Saladin posted:

The She Hulk chud stuff is really silly though, that show is a lot of fun.

Yeah I am having a good time with that show. I haven't watched ep 4 yet but I very much enjoyed her witness testimony on behalf of her coworker in ep 3.