Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

Misfits was excellent until half the original cast left

Joseph Gilgun, the guy that was basically the Nathan replacement, was actually excellent and super funny, his new show Brassic is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Love and Thunder faceplanted on a bunch of stuff but it had some really fun/cool bits imo. Ragnarok is still definitely the better movie.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Dell_Zincht posted:

Misfits was excellent until half the original cast left

Yeah I don't think I made it past season 3? Excellent first two seasons tho

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Joseph Gilgun, the guy that was basically the Nathan replacement, was actually excellent and super funny, his new show Brassic is great.

Oh don't get me wrong, Rudy was great.

It all went to poo poo after Alisha died and Simon left, though

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Strange Poon posted:

Yeah I don't think I made it past season 3? Excellent first two seasons tho

Yeah I tapped out after Season 3. In retrospect probably not a bad thing.

Let's face it, they were never going to top the Nazi episode

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Legitimately surprised the US remake of Misfits never happened.

Same time, however, I'm also surprised the rumored US remake of Volcano High didn't happen, either.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

JediTalentAgent posted:

Legitimately surprised the US remake of Misfits never happened.

Same time, however, I'm also surprised the rumored US remake of Volcano High didn't happen, either.

A US remake of Misfits would have gone the exact same way as The Inbetweeners.

Both shows are just so steeped in British culture

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I saved up my cinema going energy for Thor 4, ignoring No Way Home, Black Widow, and Multiverse Of Madness in its favour, which in retrospect was dumb as poo poo, because Thor was much worse than all of them.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The complaint I had about Thor 4 is they really didn't have any new ideas for Thor after his whole arc from Ragnarok to Infinity War to Endgame. It was just so well-done there was no way they were going to surpass it anytime soon. So they used another Thor film to wrap up Jane Foster's story (which I get and they had to bring back Natalie Portman and make things right) but Thor just had nothing really to do.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Which one is you guys' favourites? I like Captain America 2 and Infinity War the most.

Kevin Feige was my best friend from junior high's older brother and I saw his comic collection and it is just massive.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I like the one where frogman gets hit by lightning

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Caesar Saladin posted:

Which one is you guys' favourites? I like Captain America 2 and Infinity War the most.

Kevin Feige was my best friend from junior high's older brother and I saw his comic collection and it is just massive.

Captain America: Civil War or Guardians of The Galaxy for me

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Original Iron Man cuz of Jeff Bridges.

Put Jeff Bridges in every MCU movie instead of CGI Stan Lee, tia.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Are you Happy?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ragnarok was the best Marvel movie, if you remove the Dr Strange cameo and then rewrite it to be about Jeff Goldblum fighting Cate Blanchett then it'd be a great standalone film

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Zeluth posted:

Are you Happy?

ive never been happy

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I've heard lots of stories about how the pandemic really screwed with Phase 4, so let's see what happens. I would rather watch Love and Thunder on repeat then having to watch Eternals again.

I am looking forward to seeing if they can doing something with the FF, but its risky. If they want a win, get the X-men going, don't gently caress with the powers or characters, just give us a proper onscreen Dark Phoenix Saga and I'll be happy. Hell, get old school X-Factor and New Mutants involved and take all my monies.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Let’s just forget the Dark Phoenix, they’ve had two goes at it and they’re both utter poo poo. The story isn’t even good or interesting enough for a third attempt :colbert:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Caesar Saladin posted:

Does Blade count?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Torquemada posted:

Let’s just forget the Dark Phoenix, they’ve had two goes at it and they’re both utter poo poo. The story isn’t even good or interesting enough for a third attempt :colbert:

Do the oversized Cyclops and Jean Grey wedding special and piss off everyone imo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Torquemada posted:

Yeah was gonna say that lol. They already tried twice and they both were the worst of their respective series. I don't remember liking the cartoon saga either. Just let that poo poo die.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Torquemada posted:

Touche. But if they made it an epic across a few movies and throw in all the Shi'ar Empire stuff, you may have something. I think the Brood story line would also make a great movie.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

I liked the john cena show

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I watched Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and it was not good, even with Raimi directing and a pretty solid Bruce Campbell cameo. By the end I was just like "okay, that was a well-executed but unsatisfying movie".

It feels like the movies aren't allowed to stand on their own any more, everything has to set up some future thing or be a callback to something else. That's fine and all to build a giant narrative, but it can make for some pretty unsatisfying movies to watch in a vacuum. There's only so many times you can go "oh poo poo, it's gonna get crazy in the next movie!" before I realize they're just constantly building to the next thing without any kind of satisfying payoff along the way.

That said the Guardians movies have both been pretty solid and I still have hope for the 3rd one.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
phase 1 is like kissing

phase 2 is like fondling. you know boobs and nuts and stuff

phase 3 is mouth stuff

and phase 4 is shibari bondage piss play

We do our best to ignore all the disney's marvel poo poo. My son made us buy him a "sea monster octopus" out of the LEGO store which was a Dr. Strange set apparently and I built it (it's irreparably broken and something else already) & he asked my wife the name of all the mini figs that come included and she doesn't know that poo poo, so she goes "That's Dracula, that's Space Girl and that's Allen."

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Fancy Hat posted:

It feels like the movies aren't allowed to stand on their own any more, everything has to set up some future thing or be a callback to something else.

Yeah. And they're super convoluted and have all sorts of characters in them. It's so "whacky" and "silly" now with this multiverse stuff. Which I hate because essentially anything can happen at any time and there are zero rules so it makes it seem like things don't even matter that much. If the entire world goes to hell then they'll just pop up again in a different universe or something. No consequences. No stakes.

I'm not invested in any of these movies anymore. I really want to be because I love superheroes. :(

Gimmie another X-Men movie or something. Or something with Colossus. Like Deadpool 3.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

kntfkr posted:

phase 1 is like kissing

phase 2 is like fondling. you know boobs and nuts and stuff

phase 3 is mouth stuff

and phase 4 is shibari bondage piss play

We do our best to ignore all the disney's marvel poo poo. My son made us buy him a "sea monster octopus" out of the LEGO store which was a Dr. Strange set apparently and I built it (it's irreparably broken and something else already) & he asked my wife the name of all the mini figs that come included and she doesn't know that poo poo, so she goes "That's Dracula, that's Space Girl and that's Allen."

Timothee Chalamet has been tapped to play Allen in the upcoming Disney+ miniseries.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Imagine if a diner owner during the civil rights movement wanted to look like he supported racial equality even though he didn't, simply because that's the direction society was going in. So instead of actually letting black people sit at the counter, he just scrapped his entire menu to sell nothing but really lovely fried chicken he couldn't even be bothered to cook properly. And if a black person actually tried to sit at the counter, he called the cops on them.

That's basically modern Disney in a nutshell.

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!

Yaldabaoth posted:

Imagine if a diner owner during the civil rights movement wanted to look like he supported racial equality even though he didn't, simply because that's the direction society was going in. So instead of actually letting black people sit at the counter, he just scrapped his entire menu to sell nothing but really lovely fried chicken he couldn't even be bothered to cook properly. And if a black person actually tried to sit at the counter, he called the cops on them.

That's basically modern Disney in a nutshell.

It’s okay you can still watch the original Little Mermaid

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Yaldabaoth continues his bold crusade for the only black people in Disney productions to be cast members in Song of the South

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I teared up at the end of Thor

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hardawn posted:

I teared up at the end of Thor

Because it was finally over?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mozi posted:

Yaldabaoth continues his bold crusade for the only black people in Disney productions to be cast members in Song of the South

What I want is for Disney to make media where the heroes are all women and minorities while the villains are all straight white men. That would actually be woke.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zeluth posted:

Are you Happy?

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

ive never been happy

I took this guy's happiness, it was just lying there. Sorry! It's amazing tho :sun:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Timothee Chalamet has been tapped to play Allen in the upcoming Disney+ miniseries.

I heard he got fat.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm not invested in any of these movies anymore. I really want to be because I love superheroes. :(

Try the videogames, there's 2 amazing ones out now imo> The Guardians of the Galaxy game (still free on GamePass, I think), and the Spider-Man remastered for PC. I'm a big dork and I thought both were freakin awesome

There's also a Wolverine game coming out and there's some good hype for it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Try the videogames, there's 2 amazing ones out now imo> The Guardians of the Galaxy game (still free on GamePass, I think), and the Spider-Man remastered for PC. I'm a big dork and I thought both were freakin awesome

There's also a Wolverine game coming out and there's some good hype for it

I can get into that. Apparently I bought Marvel's Avengers from Steam last year. I just installed it a few days ago but haven't tried it. I hope I don't need a controller because I don't do that. I'd assume I'd need one for Spider-Man.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I can get into that. Apparently I bought Marvel's Avengers from Steam last year. I just installed it a few days ago but haven't tried it. I hope I don't need a controller because I don't do that. I'd assume I'd need one for Spider-Man.

Avengers is very middle of the road and 100% designed to play on a controller

Also it's best played as a MP co-op

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

Avengers is very middle of the road and 100% designed to play on a controller

Well poo poo. I don't even know how to use a controller on my computer. Hmm.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Love and Thunder should have pulled an infinity war and made the movie like 80% about Gorr and him slaughtering gods.