Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Also how the gently caress is bama ranked over them dawgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Blue Raider posted:

Also how the gently caress is bama ranked over them dawgs

They won't be.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Blue Raider posted:

Let’s talk about it

I maintain that Vols will finish 10-2; it’s good that they had the messy game early and still won and now can fix the sloppiness in a tune-up game against Akron before getting to the meat of the schedule.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The brand of football Iowa is playing this year has so little offense that it is, ironically, incredibly offensive

Please bench Spencer Petras and Brian Ferentz

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

In retrospect, taking the El Assico under was the easiest money ever offered but I'm still too much of a coward to gamble

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

I maintain that Vols will finish 10-2; it’s good that they had the messy game early and still won and now can fix the sloppiness in a tune-up game against Akron before getting to the meat of the schedule.

Yeah I agree a cupcake is needed now. The boys are sloppy and need to tighten up badly. The talent is there but at this point it’s a coach test

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
SUN BELT BITCH

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

If Texas can navigate a world without Quinn Ewers then we might have a shot at going the rest of the season undefeated

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I. M. Gei posted:

If Texas can navigate a world without Quinn Ewers then we might have a shot at going the rest of the season undefeated

Texas will lose to Kansas

again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol

lmao

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the Nebraska Cornhuskers, like the Florida Gators, will never be good again

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Alaois posted:

Deus vult/inshallah

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Alaois posted:

:smith:

Yeah.....yeah. So it seems.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

1. Rush all fields

2. UH-Tech is a rivalry, even if Tech is in denial about it

3. UH played just like total rear end today and even if the game doesn’t mean much for the season, whatever UH is trying to do on offense they need to stop

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

:getin:

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1568798974684942337?t=V4XjROc43Nt8_zP--Gtx7g&s=19

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

It's funny seeing several recaps today being like "How about the Sun Belt?!" and including App State in that

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Is this the first time they’ve gone to Gameday for a game only available on streaming?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

/me, listening to “Glory Days” and wistfully ruminating about a downfield Gator passing offense led by Luke Del Rio

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Is this the first time they’ve gone to Gameday for a game only available on streaming?

Don't care beat TAMU lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Don't care beat TAMU lol

Easily the most exciting football team in the country going into this week

40 points in the 4th followed up with beating #6 at home, hell of a start

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV had a decent moral victory today. Played close to Cal, but at the end the oline fell apart. This would've been a good game to have just for some cushion for a bowl berth, but now the game against North Texas is a must win. This is mainly because of how many other teams on the schedule are down, but too many are talking about that that I don't think it'll happen.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Easily the most exciting football team in the country going into this week

40 points in the 4th followed up with beating #6 at home, hell of a start

So by extension TAMU lost to UNC? lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LeeMajors posted:

/me, listening to “Glory Days” and wistfully ruminating about a downfield Gator passing offense led by Luke Del Rio

I want to print out all of the gator fan posts from last weeks win and this weeks loss and read them in order at a spoken word open mic night.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

It's funny seeing several recaps today being like "How about the Sun Belt?!" and including App State in that

App State is in the Sun Belt

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So by extension TAMU lost to UNC? lol

That's right, Mack Brown has a transitive win over Texas A&M

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Godzilla07 posted:

That's right, Mack Brown has a transitive win over Texas A&M

This stupid timeline has at least one thing that's cool

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I hope App State beating us is at least a harbinger for a 2007-esque fun season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gosh you know considering conference realignment now would be a really really good time to get a decent football team \

https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/1568786404842344453?s=21&t=mSUSPs58rjOEJCs2DiXtKQ

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alaois posted:

App State is in the Sun Belt

loving Google lied to me when I looked it up. Had them listed in the AAC standings for some reason. I thought they were in the Sun Belt.

Thanks

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

kiimo posted:

Gosh you know considering conference realignment now would be a really really good time to get a decent football team \

https://twitter.com/ku_football/status/1568786404842344453?s=21&t=mSUSPs58rjOEJCs2DiXtKQ

Leipold is a magician if he gets Kansas to bowl eligibility this year

and it feels like Neal Brown should be done at West Virginia but that buyout feels prohibitive for a Big 12 team:

https://twitter.com/DoughtyBetMGM/status/1568778207003811840?s=20&t=tf9e5IwZRJZ1nv4iNwQuvQ

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Our d-lineman was held on 4th and 20

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Trying not to overreact but should we pencil in one or two Sun Belt teams for the playoff

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
God drat this has been a really sick day of football. Excellent and funny upsets everywhere, if only Texas hadn't lost. Pitt/Vols was probably the best/most exciting game of the day overall, just a lot of fun. And thank god I don't have to hear about a Pitt undefeated season any longer

Feeling more optimistic about PSU than I figured I would at this point in the year. The young guns got a ton of playing time and we clearly have our next stud RB of right now and our stud QB of the very near future which I'm real geeked about. Also Auburn struggling mightily with San Jose State tonight is making me feel better about going down there next week

Alte Kraehe
Oct 31, 2011
https://twitter.com/vincemarrow/status/1568794136139939840?s=20&t=s6CCH8h2bV5NVA4ElgVU8w

Who's soft now?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Godzilla07 posted:

Leipold is a magician if he gets Kansas to bowl eligibility this year

and it feels like Neal Brown should be done at West Virginia but that buyout feels prohibitive for a Big 12 team:

https://twitter.com/DoughtyBetMGM/status/1568778207003811840?s=20&t=tf9e5IwZRJZ1nv4iNwQuvQ

That’s extension was done when he should have already been on the hot seat too

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/joebrunowsoc9/status/1568804358359326720?s=46&t=UekAdG2xJeIOTmld5eG2IQ

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LOL Iowa.

LMAO Florida.

HMBOL Nebraska.

I called my mom to let her know Penn State had one (she's a fan on in the sense that my dad was, so she doesn't watch the games at all, but wants to know the score and refuses to look it up herself), She asked me how Cincinnati did "Because I saw it was a low-scoring game" so I looked it up...

I'm not sure if she was just trying to make conversation and act like she cared about a team other than Penn State or if she has really harsh expectations for the Bearcats now...

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

I. M. Gei posted:

At least you have a career and a family.

That helps but watching Florida's offense be a punchline for most of the past twelve years hasn't been fun.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I like when aggies lose :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
JJ McCarthy is starting next week for Michigan and is likely their starter moving forward.

That’s good to see.