Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Regnevelc posted:

JJ McCarthy is starting next week for Michigan and is likely their starter moving forward.

That’s good to see.

If you’re done with that other guy can you send him down to Iowa City we kind of need literally anyone else playing QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

right now is the most optimistic i've been about georgia southern football since fritz left in 2015.

hopefully the 2007 energy continues all year (we beat app in '07)!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
As an alumnus of a Sun Belt school....

S-B-C

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Entire big 12 should be ranked except WVU I guess. Eh let's have my frogs have to earn it next week against SMU. I was at a wedding all day but holy hell what an insane week 2.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1568801667063103490

Notre Dame paid Marshall $1.25 million
Nebraska paid Georgia Southern $1.42 million
Texas A&M paid Appalachian State $1.5 million

Georgia messed around a lot today with Samford. Kirby Smart gave his former boss Chris Hatcher a nice payday and didn't go for the blowout. Something like 13 or 14 receivers caught passes for UGA. Defense only allowed two 1st downs until the 4th quarter.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 11, 2022

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I miss rich Rodriguez and his terrible hairplugs

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
GameDay going to Boone rules even harder when you see the only top 25 matchup next week (as of this week’s rankings) is…A&M hosting Miami.

Glad Sparty had a normal game against a terrible opponent. Though it seems like even more key defensive players got hurt. Payton Thorne looks like he’s regressed which is concerning. He’s been sailing balls and making bad decisions in each of the first two games, which is very unlike his play last year. Next week is the first real test at Washington.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 11, 2022

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Oklahoma looked like rear end against Kent State in the first half and didn't score till the final minute in the first half with only 7 yards rushing. After half time they woke up and utterly destroyed them winning 33-3. It was an espn+ exclusive game that took place during much better games so the voters won't know how terrible they looked offensively during the first half.

On the other hand El Assico delivered its promise and was easily the most entertaining game for me. Yes I realize I'm a broken husk of a human being.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I saw the highlights of El Assico and I don't think the ISU player at the end was offside? He might have lined up in the neutral zone, but that's something different and the refs suck at their jobs?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Regnevelc posted:

JJ McCarthy is starting next week for Michigan and is likely their starter moving forward.

That’s good to see.

Drives when JJ was QB:

TD
TD
TD
PUNT
TD
TD
TD

Drives when Cade was QB:

PUNT
PUNT
INT

The answer at QB is clear.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
8:00 PM starts are nothing new but usually they start after y’all change your times. I wonder if this means 9:00 PM local time starts after October for games if Arizona gets sucked into another conference. Cool honestly. If COVID ever ends I will be there.

Almost 47,000 people tonight. That is the biggest crowd for a non ASU game in years. Wish more “big name” teams would play down here, the people will come out.

There are ways Arizona could have kept that game closer but it was not to be tonight.

Rick fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Sep 11, 2022

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

The brand of football Iowa is playing this year has so little offense that it is, ironically, incredibly offensive

Please bench Spencer Petras and Brian Ferentz

This gave me a hearty LOL

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It has just come to my attention that this is the first time since 1936 in which Notre Dame, Nebraska, and Texas A&M all lost in the same week.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

DC Murderverse posted:

If you’re done with that other guy can you send him down to Iowa City we kind of need literally anyone else playing QB

My guy, you gotta fire that OC.

I can see Cade at ND or Iowa next year tho if JJ cements the job and Cade transfers.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The experts are right, we're moving toward a future where there are just two dominant conferences, the Big 12 and the Sun Belt

It's official
https://twitter.com/IsThisBloodWeek/status/1568808846663065600

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 11, 2022

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DC Murderverse posted:

Is this the first time they’ve gone to Gameday for a game only available on streaming?

I don't think so. They've gone to FCS and D2 and I think D3 games in the past. So I'm sure that some of those games haven't been on linear TV.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I still can't believe how fascinatingly bad Anthony Richardson was last night lol

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I only watched the first quarter of the Penn State game last night, but I look forward to watching the replay. We haven't had a RB like Singleton in years and the future with Allar looks great. I don't know what the ceiling is for Penn State this year, but they'll be a serious contender in 2023 and 2024. At least this year if/when Clifford gets injured, we have a real backup that has more talent, if less experienced.

Also FWIW, YouTube TV detected I was using a VPN and wouldn't let me watch. I got around this by watching through ESPN.com and validating my YouTube TV login. I assume I'll have to do something similar with CBS Sports next Saturday.

Komet fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Sep 11, 2022

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Henchman of Santa posted:

GameDay going to Boone rules even harder when you see the only top 25 matchup next week (as of this week’s rankings) is…A&M hosting Miami.

TAMU loving up cost me going to GameDay again with my dad gosh darnit.

After the rest of yesterday, I'm suddenly way happier with Miami only having a poo poo first half and then almost covering. That was the worst game of TVDs career so far, but we have a run game and can stop the run.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Komet posted:

I only watched the first quarter of the Penn State game last night, but I look forward to watching the replay. We haven't had a RB like Singleton in years and the future with Allar looks great. I don't know what the ceiling is for Penn State this year, but they'll be a serious contender in 2023 and 2024. At least this year if/when Clifford gets injured, we have a real backup that has more talent, if less experienced.

Also FWIW, YouTube TV detected I was using a VPN and wouldn't let me watch. I got around this by watching through ESPN.com and validating my YouTube TV login. I assume I'll have to do something similar with CBS Sports next Saturday.

You are going to love what you see from Allar. Singleton also went nuts and a ton of other young players played a lot of snaps as well. If Franklin can manage to accidentally blunder into a decent offensive line this team has a bright future.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress it I’m going to Boone next weekend.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I saw the highlights of El Assico and I don't think the ISU player at the end was offside? He might have lined up in the neutral zone, but that's something different and the refs suck at their jobs?

It wouldn’t be El Assico without the refs trying to screw ISU a couple of times.

This was almost a typical ISU loss. Doubled up Iowa’s yards, but nearly gave it away with terrible turnovers and special teams play. ISU fans went from wanting to change the whole offense, to praising it after that 99 yard drive for the game winning TD. I was in total despair in the first half after all those mistakes.

Iowa is going to score like 80 points all season. That offense is so bad.

Big 12 is going to be brutal this year. We need to get a lot more consistent on O to get 4 or 5 conference wins.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
judging by me right now, it turns out that I can drink a shitton if I need to

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Ehud posted:

I still can't believe how fascinatingly bad Anthony Richardson was last night lol

Napier's play calling sucked and if he's the QB coach trotting that track star out as Florida's QB then this is going to be a long season. Calling plays just because it's what your late father did isn't a good reason to do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LLCoolJD posted:

Napier's play calling sucked and if he's the QB coach trotting that track star out as Florida's QB then this is going to be a long season. Calling plays just because it's what your late father did isn't a good reason to do it.

The only possible explanation I’ve seen that could explain why they made no effort to utilize Richardson’s legs in the run game:

https://twitter.com/keiserdonavon/status/1568766174049062912?s=46&t=fvPs0r7zc-my--pLE1aeig

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I'm still very sad.

The corner had a free run at Bryce Young he was dead to rights.

Also how the gently caress did it happen again against Bama?? Starting QB goes down with a shoulder injury in the 2nd drive of the game and our Lake Travis backup comes in and tries his best but can't quite get it done??

Sab0921 fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 11, 2022

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I didn’t watch the UK-Florida game. Is Kentucky real good and Florida worse than thought, or what happened?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I didn’t watch the UK-Florida game. Is Kentucky real good and Florida worse than thought, or what happened?

Yes

Richardson was worthless, throwing everything at 100 mph, and Will Levis is good at footballs. People are also unhappy with Napier’s playcalling but I only watched the 4th quarter.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I mean coming in to the season Florida was poised to be what, the sixth or seventh best SEC team anyway?

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Picking against a&m, wisconsin, iowa was :kiss:

They didn't disappoint. A&M looked like poo poo last week and app state put up 60+. :lmao: 19 points against looked pretty suspect

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

I mean coming in to the season Florida was poised to be what, the sixth or seventh best SEC team anyway?

Yeah this is all an overreaction to them looking competent last week then dropping a real clunker yesterday.

My biggest worry is that’s the kind of performance that could mentally break a quarterback and I hope that didn’t happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonna note either K State is going to wipe the floor with their dominant 2 and 3 star offensive and defensive linemen this year or Mizzou has some goddamned issues once they get into SEC play (if you can't already say that now).

Just blown off the ball up front on both sides all day long other than a brief period where the defense did sort of okish. Also both quarterbacks favored by the coach are hilariously terrible, there's no creativity or depth to the playcalling, it's bleak. Losing I kinda expected, losing like that is painting a picture of a long season to sit through.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I somehow missed that Wisconsin lost to Wazzou, good lord the Big 10 west is awful

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
WNC is my heritage, so I am super happy for Boone. I love that whole area, but I haven’t been since I moved to Knoxville in ‘04. Need to change that and hit up Blowing Rock too.

Soul Glo posted:

I maintain that Vols will finish 10-2; it’s good that they had the messy game early and still won and now can fix the sloppiness in a tune-up game against Akron before getting to the meat of the schedule.

As a Vol fan for almost 40 years I hope you are right, but I’m not buying the 10-2. If that happens Heupel is coach of the year and look for Oklahoma to come hard for him if Venables slips up at all.

Fake edit: After looking at the schedule if we are still undefeated going into the Bama game you could be right. Of course after that you are relying on the UK curse to continue, but I am also worried some about the South Carolina game.

Speaking of curses beware of Richardson having the game of his life against us.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Judgy Fucker posted:

I somehow missed that Wisconsin lost to Wazzou, good lord the Big 10 west is awful

Hey now they still have ... Minnesota!

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

nate fisher posted:

As a Vol fan for almost 40 years I hope you are right, but I’m not buying the 10-2. If that happens Heupel is coach of the year and look for Oklahoma to come hard for him if Venables slips up at all.

I don’t think you’ll need to worry about that, Heupel is justifiably very bitter about Bob throwing him under the bus when “changes” were needed and that change was firing Mike. But Bob couldn’t bring himself to fire his brother so he got rid of Heupel to shake things up. Bob is not officially part of the program anymore but he is still very much around, attending practice at least once a week.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Wisconsin's kicker left Arkansas because they wouldn't let him kick field goals

lol

Kidd-Liggit
Sep 6, 2011

You mean I have to go to Philly?
I love my chubby ginger coach.

Brad White called a masterful game as DC, UK fans better be ready for him to leave after the season.

The defense may not have a Josh Allen type superstar, but there isn't really a weak link in that group. So many individual plays being made, Valentines 4th down PBU, Jacquez Jones tackling Richardson in open space on the QB draw, Walker absolutely destroying the OL to hit the RB in the backfield, Wright and Smith's INTs. This group might challenge for best defense of the Stoops era.

OL came together in the second half and hopefully it's the start of them getting their poo poo together. Skill players and Levis look real good, OL needs to step up to have the kind of season UK is hoping for.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Is Brian Ferentz a worse failson OC than Jeff Bowden?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Kidd-Liggit posted:

I love my chubby ginger coach.

He’s done an incredible job. It’s pretty wild to me that everyone had designs on Mike instead and Kentucky just quietly picked up Mark and let him cook to great success.