Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Laserface posted:

If you play the objective good you get the kills too

:lol::lol: good one

:synpa:

https://youtu.be/Dg94snKrys0

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Every year I buy this game and hope it will be mw2k19, knowing full well I can just reinstall mw2k19

Every good cod was made by IW it's gonna be fine.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

are these bastards going to fold warzone 2 into the base game and make me install bullshit I don't use ?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Qmass posted:

are these bastards going to fold warzone 2 into the base game and make me install bullshit I don't use ?

You’ll need to have Warzone, Warzone 2, and MW2 installed at the same time, yes.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Watch the install size be larger than the PS5 hard drive

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I’m sorry but if you play this game you must immediately go to jail

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You’ll need to have Warzone, Warzone 2, and MW2 installed at the same time, yes.

350gb file size let's loving goooo

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Mister Facetious posted:

350gb file size let's loving goooo

+ 108GB for HD textures

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/elliottgray/status/1569563863456296960

a true champion

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
:newlol:

Reminds me of that Star Trek compilation with Picard playing the flute and all sorts happening to the Enterprise.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I thought I heard Warzone was going to be standalone for MW2 this time.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

a genuine happy future meme gif would be separate clients and separate support teams, but I genuinely do not know if OG multiplayer has the player base support to warrant that from a $$$ perspective, which sucks, but that's where we are

maybe they'll let the warzone trust fund kids finance our literal favela map as a bone to the mp fans, we can shoot each other in a 6v6 box with respawns like god intended

there are a chunk of players who do not like BRs and only want to play mp or something mp adjacent like DMZ, but who knows how big that player base is

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've never even installed Warzone because I hate BRs. By this point, I'm happy for WZ to exist to subsidise me getting some fun MP each year.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really only play Fortnite and pop1 for BR games and I stick to classic MP on Cod, I feel like a lot of people do that.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I really hope the DMZ game will be a happy medium, perhaps not as intense as BR with more PvE focus and less PvP encounters, but still some well matched to skill level.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Wow, new trailer looks pretty awesome (yes I am watching the "next" thing)

3rd person view coming lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Which American war crime is going to be blamed on Russia for MW2? After the Highway of Death gotta be something good

My guess: Your team is sweeping the hills of Afghanistan after a brutal Russian attack against an American convoy. In a touching moment you find a handsome soldier that made a last stand against the Russian beasts. You lay down your rifle and grab his dog tags. Pat Tillman. Everyone will know of his sacrifice against these monsters.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

Which American war crime is going to be blamed on Russia for MW2? After the Highway of Death gotta be something good

Dropping a nuke on a civilian population center.

Oh wait, the first mw2 already did that :v:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
https://youtu.be/2NTAi7uP3LM

Despite the chud rage, I’m not mad there are females in game

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Please link to or share the chud rage it sustains me.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched a bunch of the streamers play this morning, game looks good. It looks like they may be going for more accessibility with the 3rd person cam and the "invasion" mode, which I am totally for.

Warzone 2 looks a lot slower, possibly the map is too large for 125 or whatever they had on there.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I hope we're back to character customization instead of preset character skins.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I hope we're back to character customization instead of preset character skins.

I didn't hear anything mentioned but the skins in the trailer videos seemed to have some variety even with the same character so maybe! that'd be neat too.

The gunsmith stuff is pretty awesome, I would just play around with that for quite some time making sickk builds

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
the world is a vampire

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The gunsmith video they released is such a mess of bad sound editing and incorrect terminology that I feel like I know less now than I did before I watched the video. And I knew nothing about it before.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
does cod have a gamestop thing where i can trade in all of my old dumbass skins for 1% of their original value to put towards one new dumbass skin

Freelancefogy
Mar 31, 2010

Cannot wait for the modernest of warfares.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

I didn't hear anything mentioned but the skins in the trailer videos seemed to have some variety even with the same character so maybe! that'd be neat too.

The gunsmith stuff is pretty awesome, I would just play around with that for quite some time making sickk builds

Could you explain the gunstuff ? I'm not a gun expert so some of it was confusing.

Like, from what I could figure out, you have a weapon 'platform' like the M4. If you slap X receiver(s) on it, you've got an assault rifle, with certain characteristics based on what the receiver is. If you slap "Y" receiver(s) on it, you've got an SMG, again with certain characteristics based on the receiver.

Is that correct?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Could you explain the gunstuff ? I'm not a gun expert so some of it was confusing.

Like, from what I could figure out, you have a weapon 'platform' like the M4. If you slap X receiver(s) on it, you've got an assault rifle, with certain characteristics based on what the receiver is. If you slap "Y" receiver(s) on it, you've got an SMG, again with certain characteristics based on the receiver.

Is that correct?

My understanding is you unlock stuff as before, but also a receiver can get unlocked for a new variant. So in the case of a standard M4 carbine it would have the various barrels, stocks, magazines, etc etc but then it unlocks a new receiver which is the same "family" but slightly different. In this case it could be a receiver that takes the P90 magazine, or a pistol caliber magazine, making it into more of an SMG. Some of the attachments for this variant like the grips and such would be the same as the original one and would carry over, but there would also be new unique ones. And then you unlock another receiver at some point, perhaps one that is a belt fed version of the M4/AR15 platform.

For other weapons that are completely independent designs they'd have similar things, with some having more receiver options and some less. It will be interesting seeing how it is split up because sometimes a receiver can be just modified to be something different (via drop in conversion) but the receiver is technically the same.

The weapon vault stuff adds onto this by having an entire family of the modifications but all with the same aesthetic/paint job so you can swap stuff around and it doesn't look like a mish mash like the previous gunsmith did when changing attachments on armory guns.

It looks really neat!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

My guess: Your team is sweeping the hills of Afghanistan after a brutal Russian attack against an American convoy. In a touching moment you find a handsome soldier that made a last stand against the Russian beasts. You lay down your rifle and grab his dog tags. Pat Tillman. Everyone will know of his sacrifice against these monsters.

I’m getting South America vibes, so the Russians probably got caught running blow to the inner cities of America.

Alternatively, the Russians are just doing general Cartel stuff, hanging people from bridges and the like.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
2 Modern 2 Warfare

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I liked being able to choose the blueprint variants of some attachments to customise the gun though. The gold/plat skins also changed depending on the blue print variant.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Have they released any info on the rumored tarkov-like game mode?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
3rd person modes gets me very excited

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Have they released any info on the rumored tarkov-like game mode?

Not much other than it will be f2p and use the same map as warzone 2. You get to choose missions and “play how you want” or whatever.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Thankfully that 3rd person is it's own mode. Every now and then I get the itch for old school SOCOM, but not in a cod game.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

wake me up when they add 2nd person

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

As Laserface said above, a handful of blueprints apply the completionist camos differently than the base gun. Only putting the gold/pat/damascus texture over the metal and leaving the furniture a synthetic black plastic or whatever. and imho they look very pretty dang slick

k/d is temporary looking cool on the battlefield is forever

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Forgive my ignorance here but I haven't played CoD multiplayer in like 10 years. Anyway, so the deluxe edition (I guess it's called the "vault" edition this time) lists "FJX Cinder Weapon Vault."
Is that the entire weapons customization system? Does that mean only people who pay $99 will be able to customize weapons?

side question: is MW2's weapon customization system available in single player or only in multiplayer?

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Zipperelli. posted:

Thankfully that 3rd person is it's own mode. Every now and then I get the itch for old school SOCOM, but not in a cod game.

come play m'lard: https://socomcommunity.com/

GreatGreen posted:

Forgive my ignorance here but I haven't played CoD for like 10 years. Anyway, so the deluxe edition (I guess it's called the "vault" edition this time) lists "FJX Cinder Weapon Vault."

Is that the entire weapons customization system? Does that mean only people who pay $99 will be able to customize weapons?

no my understanding is that the Vault Edition just unlocks the first complete set of weapon customizations for the FJX Cinder, which is a gun in the game. gunsmith will still exist for everybody but this is for skinned stuff like receivers and grips and that kind of thing. I think the Vault Edition just unlocks a full set of customized weapon parts you can use for that gun

barnold fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 16, 2022