Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

GreatGreen posted:

Forgive my ignorance here but I haven't played CoD for like 10 years. Anyway, so the deluxe edition (I guess it's called the "vault" edition this time) lists "FJX Cinder Weapon Vault."

Is that the entire weapons customization system? Does that mean only people who pay $99 will be able to customize weapons?

No I think that weapon vaults are kind of like blueprints but with more attachment options, so that it keeps all the same look without making them a mishmash. So for that one it just gives you an unlocked set of attachments for an m4 that are all design and colour coordinated. You can unlock them all on the regular skin weapon too. Not sure if by having the vault it pre unlocks them there too already or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

As always the best skins will be on the cash shop only and be outrageously expensive.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

I thought MP and WZ2 looked pretty cool yesterday. A little clunky but overall good impression.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Der Meister posted:

I thought MP and WZ2 looked pretty cool yesterday. A little clunky but overall good impression.

Clunky in what way? Any good streams to watch?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Mosquito Jones, to watch her lose her poo poo ;)

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Beta is live and….feels good?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Clunky just because it’s new. Some of the CDL guys were moving pretty smooth though.

https://youtu.be/_NRbXCh9kmg

Here’s Isaac’s video on it.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think a lot of folks were not sure about wz2 especially and felt it was moving to a slower paced game more like pubg. I think it won’t stay like that for very long once people get comfortable with the map and they start adding crazy stuff in. The OG Wz started very seriously and eventually you had fuckin kong vs godzilla.

I hope they add balloons back in though that was a fun mechanic for zooming around the map. I also like that they’re not doing loadout drops in WZ. That was always the annoyance if you get lasered by someone who is using the meta build yet again. Having a bit more of a random chance to what you find adds some spice in there. However i am sure they will bring loadouts back asap because of how much people drop on weapon skins.

I think I’ll probably play ground war/invasion the most and possibly dmz when it lands. BR isn’t my thing. I hope they have a smaller map like rebirth or fortune’s keep at some point as well.

I’m pretty hype from all I saw yesterday, did my preorder, looking forward to beta test for pc next week!

priznat fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 16, 2022

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

There won’t be loadouts but you’ll be able to buy your guns from buy stations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm typically MP only, I've never even had WZ installed, but DMZ seems kinda interesting, so I'm cautiously optimistic about that.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i'm also very excited that slide canceling is no longer a thing. not that i have an issue with faster movement but it felt a lot like i was playing mirror's edge sometimes

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

comedyblissoption posted:

wake me up when they add 2nd person

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
Do anyone have a guide on how to fix the controller inputs? It's either too slow on the input or it speeds up when turning more. I just want very consistent turning and input on the right stick.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ZHamburglar posted:

Do anyone have a guide on how to fix the controller inputs? It's either too slow on the input or it speeds up when turning more. I just want very consistent turning and input on the right stick.

Don't you dare tell me that IW hosed up the ONE thing that makes it categorically superior to every other console shooter

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Having watched about 30 minutes of gameplay from multiplayer and the new Warzone map I'm pretty excited. Without a doubt, and this was said many times in the previous thread we needed a full clean slate as there were too many guns, too much stuff baked in from the early days that a new start will be nice for everyone. I think we all know what MP will be so I'm not really gonna mention that.

I liked what I saw of Warzone. I feel like a lot of the internet chatter is just because everyone as usual is afraid of change. I hated slide cancelling and I'm glad they got rid of it. Obviously some of the gameplay changes might suck, but we really won't know til way more people get their hands on it. All that being said the little what I saw, I like the look of the new map. And based on the couple different reaction feedback videos I saw from streamers one of the worst things about MP and Warzone which was the audio seems to be very much improved. That alone is a relief.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mister Facetious posted:

Don't you dare tell me that IW hosed up the ONE thing that makes it categorically superior to every other console shooter

Rage mics

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lmao no one uses game chat when party chat exists at the system level and with superior quality

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Mister Facetious posted:

Lmao no one uses game chat when party chat exists at the system level and with superior quality

So I do agree, though I'm excited about the new cross platform chat system they're including in MW2 - mostly because of the hope it will lead to many people using it (and therefore even more rage mic food)
https://twitter.com/charlieINTEL/status/1570521795903762432

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Proximity chat is probably going to be insanely toxic unfortunately, in games like Rust it does look pretty awesome when you meet some random and aren’t just killing everyone.

I always leave ingame chat disabled and only use discord with friends though.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I use in game chat because we play with a big group and everyone's on different platforms.

we are going open mic this time around because rage mics are too funny and I don't get mad at video games anymore

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Prox chat only works in VR I feel. I’m flat games it’s just racism fading in and out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Also they better have the mouths flapping in time with the speech a la Rust.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

If you’re interested in unlocking some bonus guns that aren’t normally unlockable under the level cap for this beta, create a new load out without overkill as a perk, then equip the shotgun in your primary, and then add overkill back in.

This should add a previously locked AR to your secondary (the laughland platform), which you can now level to unlock the game’s version of the MP5 (the Laughland sub), which absolutely shreds.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Cool, thanks. I’m rear end at this game on controller and too lazy to hook up a mouse to my PS5 😂. Seriously don’t know how some folks can aim so well with their thumbs.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I played about 30 minutes on my friends PS5. Did anyone have issues seeing long distances in the one warehouse map. I was having issues identifying enemies. Maybe it’s just me getting old.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Yea, same. Also old.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

If it’s not hardcore just shoot :haw:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

priznat posted:

Proximity chat is probably going to be insanely toxic unfortunately, in games like Rust it does look pretty awesome when you meet some random and aren’t just killing everyone.

I always leave ingame chat disabled and only use discord with friends though.

PUBG was at its best when the plane drop was just 50 people all yelling at each other then all hotdropping school to fight it out.

Also, this beta goes stupid hard. I love this game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Call it a "vibe" but even playing on a friends PS5 for literally 30 minutes but the 'GAME FEEL' or whatever just feels good. The impact of the guns hit. It's a repeat of 2019 and I mean that in the best possible way. For whatever reason Vanguard which controls almost identical to 2019 still just felt off. This feels good.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

priznat posted:

I think a lot of folks were not sure about wz2 especially and felt it was moving to a slower paced game more like pubg. I think it won’t stay like that for very long once people get comfortable with the map and they start adding crazy stuff in. The OG Wz started very seriously and eventually you had fuckin kong vs godzilla.

I hope they add balloons back in though that was a fun mechanic for zooming around the map. I also like that they’re not doing loadout drops in WZ. That was always the annoyance if you get lasered by someone who is using the meta build yet again. Having a bit more of a random chance to what you find adds some spice in there. However i am sure they will bring loadouts back asap because of how much people drop on weapon skins.

I think I’ll probably play ground war/invasion the most and possibly dmz when it lands. BR isn’t my thing. I hope they have a smaller map like rebirth or fortune’s keep at some point as well.

I’m pretty hype from all I saw yesterday, did my preorder, looking forward to beta test for pc next week!

loadouts set WZ apart from the rest, I'm definitely going to miss them; the issue with "Lasered with meta guns" wasn't an issue at the start, it started to get bad when they were adding weapons and they Had to be meta, but got worse with CW/VG when the TTK got lowered to the 350-500ms range where as it was more like 750-1250ms at the start. Since guns were more inaccurate the realistic TTK was basically always over 1 second.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yah I bet loadouts will come back, and hopefully there can be some variety and not THE meta build. One thing that is interesting from watching people play the mp beta is the visual recoil seems to be a lot more pronounced now. The vanguard weapons got pretty silly with how recoil free they got, so I don’t mind it going back the other way.

The other thing is how the streamers I watch are just raving about how improved the audio is. You can really track people by footsteps and it came through even watching the stream.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
How do I play with goons on PlayStation.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

How do I play with goons on PlayStation.

https://discord.gg/PNwY4SRU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I can think of compelling arguments for keeping loadouts and also making it so you buy your loadout guns at the buy station. I"m willing to give the new style a shot because I haven't played any of it...so it would be interesting to see how it works.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Watch the Hummer EVs be insanely OP as they were prevented by GM to allow them to be damaged in game

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It's also nice to be in this thread where people aren't insane. I go check reddit simply to laugh because people are insane over there. Literally every other post is a conspiracy on why a random decision in this beta is because they want to appeal to "Casuals" or its a SBMM thing. Its very funny.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 17, 2022

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

It’s kind of annoying that streamers/podcasters I usually like are trying to spin up outrage, the “Inside Games” one with Lawrence Sonntag and Bruce Greene were trying to make a point that weapon vaults were “pay to win” because it unlocks stuff “early” and some blueprints may one day be extra OP. (No current examples but it might happen one day!!:byodood:)

Like ok how is that different from the blueprints. The CoD monetization has been probably the best version of it out there with just cosmetic skins without random loot boxes. Who cares if a blueprint you can buy comes with an attachment it might take a few hours to grind.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

soggybagel posted:

It's also nice to be in this thread where people aren't insane. I go check reddit simply to laugh because people are insane over there. Literally every other post is a conspiracy on why a random decision in this beta is because they want to appeal to "Casuals" or its a SBMM thing. Its very funny.

I kind of love the SBMM ranting because it always comes down to "I am good why I am not 1st every match and instead have to try against these 'sweats' in order to break even" when they themselves don't realize that in this theoretical "good matchmaking" where they are always in first he is the sweat compared to all these people they are beating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

socialsecurity posted:

I kind of love the SBMM ranting because it always comes down to "I am good why I am not 1st every match and instead have to try against these 'sweats' in order to break even" when they themselves don't realize that in this theoretical "good matchmaking" where they are always in first he is the sweat compared to all these people they are beating.

I mentioned this last Modern Warfare thread too, but simply put, there is no good solution to SBMM. There is not one thing that will make everyone happy and honestly, the way SBMM is implemented now is fine with me. And you're exactly right, most of the time the arguments come down to "how come I'm not allowed to always win?" Because it's ultimately not good for players if you're getting rolled repeatedly in match after match.