Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/mrdalekjd/status/1775534207701258463?s=46&t=I-gsjpvNkUNcOBofs8OOkQ

They should have done this months ago but hey finally something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

They should have done this months ago, but they're gonna trickle out these basic quality of life changes so that zombies players feel like they're getting something despite the fact the devs clearly have no long term plan for the mode. Every patch it's "here's a new schematic only item that causes some meter (ammo, gas mask, armor, etc) to passively refill. You can only get it from a new aether rift where you fight a worm."

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

They should have done this months ago, but they're gonna trickle out these basic quality of life changes so that zombies players feel like they're getting something despite the fact the devs clearly have no long term plan for the mode. Every patch it's "here's a new schematic only item that causes some meter (ammo, gas mask, armor, etc) to passively refill. You can only get it from a new aether rift where you fight a worm."

They'll probably get the mode into a half competent status by the time the new blops game comes out and then move on to the new game that will also start half broken and take 7 months to get into what should have been the shipping state! Can't wait!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

too little, too loving late.

After the slog of forcing myself to finish the battle pass last season I'm pretty much done. Zombies is boring as poo poo, the missions all suck.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

priznat posted:

too little, too loving late.

After the slog of forcing myself to finish the battle pass last season I'm pretty much done. Zombies is boring as poo poo, the missions all suck.

Yeah. I got maybe halfway through the last pass. Game is just out of steam for me, won't be buying any more battlepasses. I will still probably play a random Zombies match here and there because I have a friend who inexplicably still really enjoys it, but I'm basically done with the game at this point.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
For all of your own health I would suggest just walking away for a while. It's done wonders for me. Although now that I've been out for a few months I might jump back on just to run it back with some friends on Rebirth.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think if they bring back plunder, especially on Rebirth, I would hop back on. That's about the only multiplayer mode I can do anymore.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Joke’s on us this is apparently also not being released until mid season along the rest of the new zombies content for no reason.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

the joke is always on you, yes

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

the joke is always on you, yes

Get out of my thread

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The next call of duty should have one mode. Free for all and it's just shipment but you quintuple the floor space. It's just a giant warehouse map with crates and the only mode is the one where every kill you get it makes you faster and if you don't get a kill for a little bit you explode.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Anyone else having issues after the update? (Xbox Series X) gets to the menu screen then goes blank. Saw that Activisons status was connection issues until about an hour ago, and now there are no issues. I've rebooted etc etc, played some other online games. Still no CoD.

If I have to uninstall/reinstall I might leave out the second bit. Mainly curious if I'm alone in this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

porktree posted:

Anyone else having issues after the update? (Xbox Series X) gets to the menu screen then goes blank. Saw that Activisons status was connection issues until about an hour ago, and now there are no issues. I've rebooted etc etc, played some other online games. Still no CoD.

If I have to uninstall/reinstall I might leave out the second bit. Mainly curious if I'm alone in this.

I just updated mine and no issues at all. Played a few rounds and all was normal.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

wandler20 posted:

I just updated mine and no issues at all. Played a few rounds and all was normal.

Found this..

https://x.com/CODUpdates/status/1775589973174919666?s=20

Apparently profile related.

porktree fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 3, 2024

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Had not played DMZ since season 4 last year. Jumped back in and ran around solo--killing bosses. So much fun. Have a pool of CP. But even so, regret buying the BP. Zombies sucks compared to DMZ. I think I just want to DMZ until the next DMZ interation.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I guess I literally bought this at the start of season 3 huh? This map poo poo looks confusing and I've had a few BSODs that setting cpu priority to High seems to have helped bit I'm getting to shot mans in COD again God help me

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?

porktree posted:

I was having issues one match where 60% of the time my gone would load barebones without any attachments and I would have to back to loadouts and reselect it to spawn with a kitted out gun.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

pretty cool that S3 is 100% pay to win

dont think i had a single game last night that didnt have at least 2 cashed up assholes with blackcell skins and the MORS just instakilling everyone.

plumpy
Dec 5, 2005
Was the 10v10 / 12v12 playlist dropped? They keep finding ways to make me not want to play this game anymore

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Laserface posted:

pretty cool that S3 is 100% pay to win

dont think i had a single game last night that didnt have at least 2 cashed up assholes with blackcell skins and the MORS just instakilling everyone.

What’s MoRS? I have refused to give a poo poo about trying S3

Is that the rail gun sniper thing

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.
Emergency is the first new small map this game that I actually don't enjoy playing at all. The run had to end somewhere.

I've been pretty happy with the game this year and i've loaded into zombies exactly 0 times.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

priznat posted:

What’s MoRS? I have refused to give a poo poo about trying S3

Is that the rail gun sniper thing

yeah its nuts. its a hit scan weapon. you're dead before the shots even finished ringing out.

theres some tracer pack that also makes your screen flash gold every time you're shot too which is extremely loving lame.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Is there an easy way to do the SMG flash/stun kills task? It's such a chore and I hate it. Small map Hardpoint seems to be working ok.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

yeah its nuts. its a hit scan weapon. you're dead before the shots even finished ringing out.

theres some tracer pack that also makes your screen flash gold every time you're shot too which is extremely loving lame.

Holy poo poo I just watched some footage, I mean one way to bring me back is by adding the Q3 railgun to any game, so good job with that I guess devs?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Introduce a gun that doesn't break Call of Duty Challenge: Impossible

Remember in MW2019 when the SP-R was a hit scan weapon and for some reason had infinite wall penetration for like, a day.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

soggybagel posted:

Introduce a gun that doesn't break Call of Duty Challenge: Impossible

Remember in MW2019 when the SP-R was a hit scan weapon and for some reason had infinite wall penetration for like, a day.

yeah that ruled

e: it is not by chance or accident that every season now has a gun in a battle pass that you can pay to skip that ends up top of meta because it's good/broken

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I watched a bit of a Stodeh stream playing Rebirth and yeah he was just wrecking poo poo with that railgun, it's nuts.

I think they should go back to playing Helldivers 2 they seem to have more fun with that too

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
It's an interesting dynamic that shooters are in right now. Where there is this need to feed the content beast but the more you do it the more you have to keep churning out things.

The idea that they (or any game for that matter) needs to keep adding weapons, adding new in game dynamics, it must be daunting. Now I'm not saying Call of Duty hasn't bumbled and fumbled the bag here, they have. But if I had literally one big wish for the next call of duty, it would be to stop adding new guns every battle pass/every 60 days. One could argue that the so called meta would go stale, but it already does go stale. Any update there is a rush to find the new god gun and then we all just sit on that. I hate to sound like a dev pitching a new game after everyone got soured on the last one but a little bit of back to basics would help moving forward. Which is to say, lets not over complicate things.

Unfortunately the sad reality is we know how this is going to go. They're pushing COD mobile to always sync with COD console/pc and they're going to keep the stupidest loving lovely rear end Hulu rear end looking tile menus because those look best on a phone and we're just going to be in purchasable DLC hell for the rest of our lives.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Trying MW3 during the free weekend - are the maps smaller than MW2? Everything felt like shipment. Not that I’m complaining, it was fun. it just felt super frantic

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AndrewP posted:

Trying MW3 during the free weekend - are the maps smaller than MW2? Everything felt like shipment. Not that I’m complaining, it was fun. it just felt super frantic

MW1 was big open complex maps and the community resoundingly hated it so they’ve since over-corrected by making smaller and smaller maps.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

MW1 was big open complex maps and the community resoundingly hated it so they’ve since over-corrected by making smaller and smaller maps.

Which is tragic because outside of a couple they were good. Afghan was so loving good. Let me camp inside my cave!!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Played the free weekend for like 2 maps. This game is loving atrocious. And that’s before the spastic loving menus

2019 was a fluke clearly

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

2019/Warzone was so good when everyone was in lockdown and the MTX was obnoxious but not completely broken from containment yet.

looking forward to their 4 player fully cooperative respawn-ticket based horde shooter extraction mode that sucks poo poo compared to what it's aping and will be the further instantiation of everything wrong with the game industry.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I think they hosed up by shelving DMZ. That could have grown into something really cool with the PvPvE.

e: also the new huntertv is all the CoD I need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRdwLK_Lf4

priznat fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 6, 2024

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Blue Raider posted:

Played the free weekend for like 2 maps. This game is loving atrocious. And that’s before the spastic loving menus

2019 was a fluke clearly

I don't think 2019 was a fluke. I actually liked a lot of what MW2 brought to the table, which was another Infinity Ward lead project. It's impossible to know where the problems start and from who, but its kind of hard to not think that a LOT of this has to do with just non-stop monetization demands and trying to please the loudest part of the fanbase. Regardless I think this series always needs to every few years take a good hard look at what is and isn't working and they basically saw what worked in 2019 and kept just hammering that until it turned into this complete loving mess that we have today.

But I feel like they do this in about 4-5 year cycles. Find some good stuff and then run it into the ground and then figure poo poo out again.

priznat posted:

I think they hosed up by shelving DMZ. That could have grown into something really cool with the PvPvE.

e: also the new huntertv is all the CoD I need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRdwLK_Lf4

Hunter is great because he's fully self aware.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW50Uo92KuI

This video actually makes me want to play and just play like the most annoying person on earth...so maybe its working!

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 6, 2024

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

are you guys down on the gameplay of MW3 or the menus/monetization/battle pass? because I agree that everything outside of actually playing is a complete disaster but the gameplay still feels pretty tight to me

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
I just do not like how the "game feel" was when MW3 launched. The whole idea is that people were pissed that slide cancelling was gone. They were pissed that movement was slower. So they increased speeds of everything and brought back things like stim speed ups and they made things like climbing ladders of ziplines even faster than they ever were in MW2019. Because of this it just doesn't feel good to me but also I probably was just burned out which is why the last couple months I've been literally playing the opposite of it which is Hell Let Loose. It lets me let me inner grandpa out when gaming

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

AndrewP posted:

are you guys down on the gameplay of MW3 or the menus/monetization/battle pass? because I agree that everything outside of actually playing is a complete disaster but the gameplay still feels pretty tight to me

Spawns are total and utter bullshit on small maps and some of the mid sized ones too.

I am enjoying the gameplay more than mw2, nothing has hit the heady highs of mw2019.

Stop adding new guns to battle pass since it's clear they are about as good at balancing as an inbred 2 legged dog with an ear infection. Or at least make them just feee additions you don't have to earn/pay to unlock when the season drops.

There is far too many ways to build a class that is either a shield, knife turbo ninja or sniper that has no foot step sounds, moves too fast and is a nuisance to kill.

Bring back simple 3 type attachments. gently caress all these dumb cosmetic variants with 2-5% variations of random stats.

Red dot/ACOG/zoom scope and let people choose a skin.
Apply that to all the attachment types. Simplify the whole thing.

Less weapon variation makes better gameplay. Gunfight mode is infinitely more fun because it totally levels the playing field and does away with all the gimmicky poo poo.

A retro mode that basically emulates MW1 OG would be great.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 6, 2024

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

The Warzone meta is ruined. I'm having success sniping, and I'm a horrible sniper. They keep nerfing ARs and LMGs. it's getting silly. And the Renetti carbine is like 2/3rds the TTK of the next best SMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I still enjoy cod when it’s good but the AR meta really is a waste. There’s no scenario where you shouldn’t just be taking some mix of LMG/Sniper and SMG/BR or melee. The ARs don’t have the range power/accuracy of the LMGs or the speed of the SMGs and you’re just losing fights in too many encounters.

Also every MW2 gun is just too slow to kill compared to MW3 guns, so just remove them and then you could reintroduce them over time buffed.