Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AndrewP posted:

are you guys down on the gameplay of MW3 or the menus/monetization/battle pass? because I agree that everything outside of actually playing is a complete disaster but the gameplay still feels pretty tight to me

nah I love it, and this is the best 6v6 cod we've had since Cold War year 2, and before that I don't even remember when, jetpack cods maybe

It's been by far the stickiest in my play group too, we're still actively playing 3 seasons in, and the seasons have been loading up 6v6 content (the most ever this season which is crazy)

the 'meta' is incredibly wide, people in our group find success with basically every weapon category (where success is measured in gunships/hour and pubby rage on mics/minute)

I don't post about it a lot here though, this thread is split between warzone players and zombie players and a handful of people bitching about stuff in 6v6 that doesn't match my experiences at all, I don't even know if SA has active 6v6 goon groups anymore (hell, an active group)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

AndrewP posted:

are you guys down on the gameplay of MW3 or the menus/monetization/battle pass? because I agree that everything outside of actually playing is a complete disaster but the gameplay still feels pretty tight to me

Going from a pretty limited playtime with mw3, the only thing that works for me is how interacting with the game feels. That is, how movement and gunplay feels on an individual level. Thats it. Engaging other players, maps, spawns, balance, etc is very poorly designed and imo just not fun. I don’t even have a word for how bad the menus are.

It frustrates me because I’ve had a lot of fun with cod over the years, and I really want there to be a good cod game in the world. That seems rarer and rarer to the point that I’m having a hard time still caring about the series. Like I said in an earlier post, I played mw3 multiplayer on this free weekend. This is the first cod I haven’t bought since Ghosts.

The first map I played this weekend was shipment. That tells a lot about mw3 I think.

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 6, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I thought the menus were awful at first too but it's one of those things that when you play enough and figure it out it's not so bad. Could be better tho.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The tile base menu isn't inherently bad but the way its been implemented has progressively gotten worse the past couple years because the menu has gotten busier and louder and clunkier. It's really amazing how big of a disaster it is for how big this loving game is.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I am convinced the menus are intentionally trying to confuse you so that you somehow find yourself on a store page and end up buying something

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Do they have plunder on rebirth or the full map again yet? I would play that. The 6v6 just doesn’t grab me anymore.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I guess I just have to admit to myself that I'm a basic bitch COD player who prefers fast, twitchy matches on small maps. I was planning on skipping MW3, but its on sale... goddammit.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

AndrewP posted:

I guess I just have to admit to myself that I'm a basic bitch COD player who prefers fast, twitchy matches on small maps. I was planning on skipping MW3, but its on sale... goddammit.

I've been trying to level up all the guns so I've been playing a lot of the small map moshpit and it's been kinda fun and kinda rage inducing at times with the respawns.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

The NEW maps In mw3 (as in, not the mw2 rehashes)?have all been pretty great, especially the smaller maps.

Meat is a sensational alternative to shipment that removes a lot of the spawn luck factor shipment suffers from.

I don't play warzone or zombies. I have never enjoyed zombies on any version. Dmz was fun but the resets always annoyed me because I only played it once in a while and always lost my progress. An option to avoid the resets each season would've been nice.

6v6 hard point shoot house is the perfect dopamine-fix-high-intensity game.

I'm half tempted to go back to mw2019 but I feel like it's going to be full of ultra spergs and/or hackers (they're indistinguishable)

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

6v6 hard point shoot house is the perfect dopamine-fix-high-intensity

Is Shoot House not in MWIII? I haven’t seen it.

I wish some of these bigger maps were 8v8 instead of 6v6. I feel like I’m running around trying to find people most of the match

(It’s possible that they’re fine and I’ve just been shipment-poisoned)

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 7, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

AndrewP posted:

Is Shoot House not in MWIII? I haven’t seen it.

I wish some of these bigger maps were 8v8 instead of 6v6. I feel like I’m running around trying to find people most of the match

(It’s possible that they’re fine and I’ve just been shipment-poisoned)

It is, they made a version of it out of an under construction skyscraper

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
Shoot House is in the game but I haven't played since I just stick to the small map playlist now. Meat and I guess Emergency now give a nice variety to the nonstop Shipment and Stash House. They should probably add like a playlist with Shoot House, Das Haus and Stash House though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Going from Cold War being the last COD I played to these menus this week has been like whiplash. And I had a weird time with MW '19 and Cold War's menus as it was

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Shoehead posted:

Going from Cold War being the last COD I played to these menus this week has been like whiplash. And I had a weird time with MW '19 and Cold War's menus as it was

the Battle Pass menu is nearly impossible to parse.

I would legitimately love to read an interview with whoever designed or approved the menus in this game to find out what they were thinking.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

AndrewP posted:

the Battle Pass menu is nearly impossible to parse.

I would legitimately love to read an interview with whoever designed or approved the menus in this game to find out what they were thinking.

the best part is how if you accidentally go to the battlepass or store page it constantly refreshes the page as if theres been an update to the items available in the last 20 seconds every. single. time.

or when they had 5 of 10 custom loadout slots listed left to right across the screen with nothing else visible - couldve easily been 2 rows of 5. that one took a few patches to fix and there is still a bunch of stuff that follows this idea - every attachment slot, every gametype/lobby in 6v6.

like not even an attempt to make use of 2D navigation for consoles.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

All the guns, equipment, and attachments in the upcoming Treyarch CoD have to be able to integrate into warzone so please don’t set your expectations too high for anything that could possibly be new or exciting!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just realized I’ve bought every MW iteration but not a single Blops. i gotta draw the line somewhere

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Blops is good

Except for the jetpack ones, bleh

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Should’ve left jet packs to Titanfall where they were 1000% better

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinite Warfare is the best jetpack shooter dont @ me

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Infinite Warfare is the best jetpack shooter dont @ me

Going from Titanfall to Infinite Warfare felt like going from flying an f-18 to flying a loving refrigerator. It sucks that EA just will not greenlight a Titanfall 3

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

love Meat. probably my favorite new map, extremely small and fast paced but not as insane and gimmicky as Shipment (which I am completely over at this point)

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

AndrewP posted:

love Meat. probably my favorite new map, extremely small and fast paced but not as insane and gimmicky as Shipment (which I am completely over at this point)

The new small maps are great, Evacuation rules, the new aesthetic on Das Haus is solid, Stash House is like a de-dumbed Shipment

Really the new maps period are really good, some of them are easily up there with some of the best black ops maps, which are probably my favorite for 6v6 dom

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I keep having a problem where if I edit my load out while in a match it won't load the edits when I respawn, it will load the guns original config. It's rather annoying.

I like meat, I'm not sold on emergency yet though. So far I'm not loving it although it could be that I'm just not used to it yet.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

TheGreySpectre posted:

I keep having a problem where if I edit my load out while in a match it won't load the edits when I respawn, it will load the guns original config. It's rather annoying.

I like meat, I'm not sold on emergency yet though. So far I'm not loving it although it could be that I'm just not used to it yet.

Yeah i’ve had that bug since the new season started too

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

Has anyone else been having issues with FPS hitching? I get 150fps but every once in a while the game has a half second or so hang up. It's exclusive to COD, not having any issues in any other games, it didn't use to happen and none of my temps or anything are out of wack.

edit:
Nevermind, looked at reddit and it looks like it's an issue for a lot of people across all platforms per the last patch.

TheGreySpectre fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 9, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
All my gun levels just went back to 1. My progression shows up by the levels are all reset. Weird.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

yeah these latest updates have really hosed the whole rear end game up

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Jesus in my last ground war game i saw someone with the Kong fist that requires $80 worth of bundles to unlock. That’s just loving depressing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Jesus in my last ground war game i saw someone with the Kong fist that requires $80 worth of bundles to unlock. That’s just loving depressing

lmao what the gently caress, you gotta get multiple bundles to get some dumb gimmick melee weapon?? That's just ridiculous.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

I'm finding this complete X number of daily challenges to unlock perk/attachment/etc rather annoying. Not a fan of the change.

The hitching from yesterday seems gone so far...replaced by weird frame flashes.

TheGreySpectre fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 10, 2024

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lmao they just dropped a weed sloth pack and a Cheech and Chong pack.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Lmao they just dropped a weed sloth pack and a Cheech and Chong pack.

I remain extremely pissed that Ninja disables almost all operator voice lines

choice is listen to hilarious Snoop and Cheech and Ash and Skeletor, or be silent while running around

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

priznat posted:

lmao what the gently caress, you gotta get multiple bundles to get some dumb gimmick melee weapon?? That's just ridiculous.

They’ve been doing this for a while now. Dune and a couple of other collabs have had the thing where you get X if you buy all the relevant bundles. What’s really annoying about GxK is that the Godzilla bundle has a bad smog and sniper as weapons while Shimo got a good AR and SMG as weapons. GxK is the first collab where you have to buy FOUR bundles to get the thing, though

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They’ve been doing this for a while now. Dune and a couple of other collabs have had the thing where you get X if you buy all the relevant bundles. What’s really annoying about GxK is that the Godzilla bundle has a bad smog and sniper as weapons while Shimo got a good AR and SMG as weapons. GxK is the first collab where you have to buy FOUR bundles to get the thing, though

Fuckin hell other than streamers who can write it off as a business expense no one should do this!!!

Their crossover events have gotten so frequent and lazy they have basically lost all meaning

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Vanguard Godzilla collab had better operator skins, imo. The one thing the new skins got going is they do the whole reactive to kills thing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
The skins this year have been in my view extremely low effort. In theory i like a skin or suit add on that you can build out but not if it’s just buying stuff. Let me unlock segments of it via an event or something.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Had some crazy stuff happen in dmz lately.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FWUwk_iMUw

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
How is DMZ these days? Is it nonstop hunt squads that try to spawn kill you immediately?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

WaltherFeng posted:

How is DMZ these days? Is it nonstop hunt squads that try to spawn kill you immediately?
It's still the same as launch. Some games you'll get hunted twice in a row, or you'll go a few games without getting hunted.