Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

WaltherFeng posted:

How is DMZ these days? Is it nonstop hunt squads that try to spawn kill you immediately?

Yes.

I still play it almost every night with some goons. It definitely has a tiny player base these days. We keep running into the same people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I called in a swarm on emergency and it got 0 kills

thank you for reading my story

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

priznat posted:

Fuckin hell other than streamers who can write it off as a business expense no one should do this!!!

Their crossover events have gotten so frequent and lazy they have basically lost all meaning

Congratulations on identifying the point - this is a sleight of hand that allows streamers to get unique things to show off on stream (turning them into adbots) whilst avoiding criticism of giving them exclusives. That it also picks up the occasional whale dollar is a side benefit.

Check out my sick gorilla glove! Meta breaker! Comic Sans screaming face dot jay peg!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Jose Oquendo posted:

Yes.

I still play it almost every night with some goons. It definitely has a tiny player base these days. We keep running into the same people.

How many times have you killed Obama8myCereal since I stopped playing?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Shockeh posted:

Congratulations on identifying the point - this is a sleight of hand that allows streamers to get unique things to show off on stream (turning them into adbots) whilst avoiding criticism of giving them exclusives. That it also picks up the occasional whale dollar is a side benefit.

Check out my sick gorilla glove! Meta breaker! Comic Sans screaming face dot jay peg!

THIS GUN IS BROKEN (All stats are 10/10)

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I'm not sure if its still working, but the Doom shotgun was the only way to get the double trigger on the shotgun in Warzone at a certain point. That made it one shot kill within a certain range, and it was otherwise disabled if you didn't use the blueprint.

So it is or was pay to win in some regards.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I think i’ve mentioned this before, but i can confirm Doom super shotgun has unique stats. A regular lockwood, even with the exact same attachments, does less damage iirc. It could just be a holdover from weapon tuning but who knows

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

ugh I forgot how much of a time thief this game is. instead of playing anything else it's way too easy to just turn my brain off and play a few rounds of this. Sorry Dragon's Dogma 2.

anyway the Magnetic Impulse BR blueprint from the free battlepass is very good I've found

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?
I'm going for camos again because apparently I hate myself. The SMG camos that require you to get kills on people that are stunned/blinded are awful. I've only done 1 and it was one that only required 10 kills and that was bad enough. I'm really not looking forward to doing more, especially with some of them being 15 or 25 kills. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TheGreySpectre posted:

I'm going for camos again because apparently I hate myself. The SMG camos that require you to get kills on people that are stunned/blinded are awful. I've only done 1 and it was one that only required 10 kills and that was bad enough. I'm really not looking forward to doing more, especially with some of them being 15 or 25 kills. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears.

lol I just went through this same thing. Basically I did the vest that gives you two stun grenades and then the suppression mine field upgrade. I played a lot of the small map moshpit and basically you hope can get lucky a few times per match.

I actually had a harder time getting the penetration kills with the LMGs.

I'm like 2 guns away from completing the 36 forged camos needed to move on to priceless.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

wandler20 posted:

lol I just went through this same thing. Basically I did the vest that gives you two stun grenades and then the suppression mine field upgrade. I played a lot of the small map moshpit and basically you hope can get lucky a few times per match.

I actually had a harder time getting the penetration kills with the LMGs.

I'm like 2 guns away from completing the 36 forged camos needed to move on to priceless.

I haven't tried the suppression mine.

I'm not looking forward the penetration kills either :-/. I've had the best luck with stash house for those, but still not a fan.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

TheGreySpectre posted:

I haven't tried the suppression mine.

I'm not looking forward the penetration kills either :-/. I've had the best luck with stash house for those, but still not a fan.

Scrapyard camping behind the chain-link fence was the easiest way for me to get penetration kills.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

put the wall bang ammotype on and antagonise window snipers then just mag dump +track them when they dip behind the wall.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

You only have so many years on this earth, do you really want to devote some of them to getting weapon camos?

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Lube Enthusiast posted:

You only have so many years on this earth, do you really want to devote some of them to getting weapon camos?

The gently caress else am I going to do, form long-lasting and fulfilling relationships with other human beings? Create something of worth?

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Much as I joke about it, with the exception of a few challenges I do actually have fun going for weapon camos.

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
This is the first game where im doing the weapon camo challenges since they didnt seem so bad. The only ones I hated are the sniper ones but luckily there are enough guns where i can just skip those.

SMG stun and flash kills are the worst because they make the gameplay so awful on both ends. For penetration kills, standing and shooting through the clear part of the shower curtain on Shoot House counts as a wall bang. Has a decent view of that corner of the map too. Wish i knew about that spot before i finished all of those challenges.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

sayonara chainsaw posted:

This is the first game where im doing the weapon camo challenges since they didnt seem so bad. The only ones I hated are the sniper ones but luckily there are enough guns where i can just skip those.

SMG stun and flash kills are the worst because they make the gameplay so awful on both ends. For penetration kills, standing and shooting through the clear part of the shower curtain on Shoot House counts as a wall bang. Has a decent view of that corner of the map too. Wish i knew about that spot before i finished all of those challenges.

You see, your first part of your post says they didn't seem so bad, then the second part describes everything that's poo poo about camo challenges.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have never cared about camos at all and i am healthier for it.

I mean i am still mentally damaged, I am a COD fan after all. but the light hasnt left my eyes enough to want to work towards camos.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I still like being in the loop on cod doings and even occasionally watch the occasional cod youtuber (Sallyisadog's second channel is my current fav) I haven't even touched it since the recent season launched and I am so glad not having this pressure of playing to keep the battle pass going. That's such a loving lovely mechanic and it honestly caused me stress thinking I wouldn't finish it before last season ended. gently caress that poo poo, I'm not doing it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Laserface posted:

I have never cared about camos at all and i am healthier for it.

I mean i am still mentally damaged, I am a COD fan after all. but the light hasnt left my eyes enough to want to work towards camos.

This was my first time ever doing camos and it's absolutely a love/hate thing. Certain times I'll want to smash my controller and others it's a blast. I just wanted to get something different out of the game and keep it interesting for myself and this has kind of hit that. I never really ventured out to the different guns so that part has been kind of fun. I'm finally decent with snipers, something I've always been awful with.

sayonara chainsaw posted:

For penetration kills, standing and shooting through the clear part of the shower curtain on Shoot House counts as a wall bang. Has a decent view of that corner of the map too. Wish i knew about that spot before i finished all of those challenges.

Thanks for this tip! I burned through a 10 kill penetration with an LMG last night in one round of Domination. Worked great but I always hate camping spots like that.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

wandler20 posted:

This was my first time ever doing camos and it's absolutely a love/hate thing. Certain times I'll want to smash my controller and others it's a blast. I just wanted to get something different out of the game and keep it interesting for myself and this has kind of hit that. I never really ventured out to the different guns so that part has been kind of fun. I'm finally decent with snipers, something I've always been awful with.

Thanks for this tip! I burned through a 10 kill penetration with an LMG last night in one round of Domination. Worked great but I always hate camping spots like that.

Shooting through the chainlink on Scrapyard works well too.

Zombies has the most frustrating poo poo. I had an operator at containment level 102, and was dropping in to do the daily challenges, before I had a chance to hit a contract I had to exfil (my wife came home). Exfil went fine, but, surprise - my containment level went to ZERO. It's not a big deal, but annoying.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

porktree posted:

Shooting through the chainlink on Scrapyard works well too.

It does. I take advantage of that one too but I've mostly been doing to small map moshpit for the camo challenges and Scrapyard isn't part of that rotation. It's nice to hear tips in here though, I always appreciate it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Games like COD and Rocket League are too fast-paced to care about camos or skins imo

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.
One of the great things about cod is the camo challenges.

Not that the challenges are enjoyable to complete, but the fact that there is a 30-40ish hour (or more gently caress orion) grind available with a reward IF you want to do it. If you don't want to do it, you don't lose anything or have any disadvantage.

Its had that poo poo since the original MW2 days, want to prestige 10 times? Go for it. Don't want to prestige, level once and be done. Choose your own adventure poo poo.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!
Love finishing the camo grind! What now...hmmm..... oh Mastery, you say?!

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

wandler20 posted:

Lmao they just dropped a weed sloth pack and a Cheech and Chong pack.

I haven't bought MWIII, since it sounded like they really dropped the ball on it, but all the tie-in operators packs like this tempt me, because I just imagine how insane games must be: Tommy Chong doing finishers on an Ultramarine Scout, Lara Croft using the Super Shotgun from Doom II to blow away a Sardukar solider, Ash Williams and Nicki Minaj running over Skeletor in a jeep with anime decals.

Then I remember the packs are all around $20 and I see that DMZ isn't being updated, so the temptation dissipates.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The only camos worth doing are the riot shied ones

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

you couldnt get me to spend money on any of these dumb rear end skins but I sure as gently caress would pay $10 to be able to do the hand gestures and sprays from MW2019 again.

spraying team mates with a colourful target/pink hearts at the start of match was the best way to grief pubbies.

likewise, landing a good final kill cam or any kill cam and throwing a Shaka was all time.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Laserface posted:

you couldnt get me to spend money on any of these dumb rear end skins but I sure as gently caress would pay $10 to be able to do the hand gestures and sprays from MW2019 again.

spraying team mates with a colourful target/pink hearts at the start of match was the best way to grief pubbies.

i'm a retvrn guy but for mw2019, ideally before the first flashy tie-in skin.

idk if i can ever come back though i've found my perfect dad game now and am happily liberating planets from the automaton menace

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

I've never understood spending money on player skins. It's not something you see while your playing. It's spending $20 to change other gameplay experience without changing your own. At least camos and gun skins are something you see on your end (not that I would pay for those either given there are 900+ free options).

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
the skins show up plenty if you're killing people with suplexes and body slams

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

the skins show up plenty if you're killing people with suplexes and body slams

and the important part is the talking, hearing Bruce Campbell, Mark Hamill, Nicki Minaj and Cheech and Chong narrating CoD is loving hilarious

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

victrix posted:

and the important part is the talking, hearing Bruce Campbell, Mark Hamill, Nicki Minaj and Cheech and Chong narrating CoD is loving hilarious
IW had the best voice packs. I had a grandma yelling in my ear about how someone had called in an airstrike and we were all screwed.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The more garish the skin I'm wearing the more people should feel bad they didn't see me coming and kill me first. Though if I make you instinctively flinch from the visual assault that's a tactical advantage I'll take too.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'd like to thank this week's AMP for being so broken I dropped a nuke within a few hours of hopping on last night.

Makes up for all the loving Mors running around until they nerf them both.

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

It's frustrating to me when the only thing visible is someone's head, you kill them and yet don't get a wall bang or a head shot.

Also I'm getting frustrated with what materials can be penetrated. Why can I shoot through a wall but not the adjacent wall made out of the exact same material? Why can I shoot through cement, but not a freaking hedge.

TheGreySpectre fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 28, 2024

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
yeah penetration kills are super loving arbitrary. i'll never get past the gold camo on snipers since the intervention takes 10 pen kills.

warning
Feb 4, 2004

ZZ Pops is all about hugs and high fives.
The penetration kills should take at most 2 games per gun if shipment is in rotation. Put on any ammunition that increases bullet penetration and spam it through the corner of any of the boxes or the barrels. For some of the weaker weapons you can line up the headshot then go prone and shoot though the top of the barrel while you are dropping. Other guns just literally shoot the barrel half the time someone tries to use it as a heady to clear the lane.

If shipment isn't in rotation there is spots on the other small maps, but like most camo challenges it way easier to just wait for shipment and then knock them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I finally finished the 36 camo challenges for Interstellar. A big moment for me. What a grind.