Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm thinking this game might be a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

why is Ghosts not on the graph Stu you COWARD

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nighthand posted:

It is though, you can see it right there, under "who cares"

MODS?

Shut the gently caress up and change your custom title!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Qmass posted:

are these bastards going to fold warzone 2 into the base game and make me install bullshit I don't use ?

You’ll need to have Warzone, Warzone 2, and MW2 installed at the same time, yes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

Lol I usually skip ops thanks for pointing this out
stu slaves for years for each op, op

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

priznat posted:

Hey now don’t fight here this is the modern warfare 2 thread!!

You can always bully Gary it’s ok

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Anything that makes COD pros mad is a good change, imo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

versus posted:

wait what? poo poo

It was announced this year (or maybe last year) that Treyarch would be given another year and COD would have a one year gap for the first time in 15 years or so. The current rumor mill is that for the Year 2 refresh MW2 will get a big OG MW2 map pack will all the old maps brought back. But yeah MW2 (2022) and Warzone 2 is all we're going to have until 2024.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeeSeeBee posted:

Yeah, I didn't realize there was a prior closed beta to pre-orders, so was reading some blog from the Devs, but it was responding to week 1. I played it a bit more and there's too much :psyduck: poo poo going on for me, I can't reload cancel once the magazine is out, but proning while adsing while firing is a thing. I think I'll wait for this to end up on game pass
https://i.imgur.com/Dqus6T3.mp4

You both ran into one another while spring. You never ADS but backed off. He ADS and prones. At this point the death goes to whoever rushes back into the fight since you now both know where you are. You ran back into the fight (again, not ADS). If anything, you had the actual advantage since you stopped sprinting first. You just decided to believe in the heart of hip firing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

It's why I preferred Cold War's scorestreaks that don't reset on death.

MW2 lets you toggle between killstreaks and scorestreaks

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

XD will be the shooter of the year for the one week it’ll have a playerbase.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

faantastic posted:

k you said that but what about the real gamers using smgs and shotguns, we need a secondary to kill these things.

edit: i hope the game has fun challenges and lots of them to keep me grinding dumb poo poo for more than two weeks.

Just keep an anti air loadout ready and if you die to one, swap it, clear the sky, then switch back to your bloodthirsty killer loadout after

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MW2 boldly asks “What if Apple made a FPS”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Space Jam posted:

same but in hardcore mode

This is why we needed a spreadsheet

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

priznat posted:

I was actually impressed that when you launched the beta from steam it didn't try launching battle.net first and then auto launching the game. I think that was something that ubisoft games did? Maybe I imagined it. Anyway glad I don't have to muck with battle.net anymore.

Epic Games Store games will sometimes do this.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm quoting the Canadian prices. And discless is not an option; I want a UHD BluRay player.

Just buy a steam deck and play on the go

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Are you all posting old MW2 (2009) console warrior poo poo about PCs? In 2022?

Building computer hard? OS / driver woes? Lmao are you loving kidding me PC building is clicking some poo poo together in a case and pressing a button it’s that easy.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like win 11. Runs great on my steam deck, the perfect console AND pc.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone scouted a specific time for the early access drop yet?

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1582837046845980672?s=61&t=dK6B0K8v8YULJorfXfmz9w

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

That's only for consoles right? PC has to wait until the like 26th?

Everyone. Steam pre-load for the campaign went up yesterday as well.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

I am going to commit war crimes today

I am going to kiss Soap on the lips.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hulk Krogan posted:

It's usually handy to have access to MP for leveling stuff you want to use in warzone, IMO.

If they do anything like Vanguard, WZ only players will get plenty of free MP weekends to do that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

STOP TIMING OUT, STEAM

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not in it, voted 1

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Game’s running great on the Steam Deck (window dual boot)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh hey modern warfare 2 I liked playing with my friends in the last one a couple years ago lets check it ooooooOOOOoOOOOOOOOOUUUUAAAAAAAAGHHH

SEVENTY DOLLARS?!

FOR THE STANDARD EDITION?!?!

The real enemy in COD is inflation

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RCarr posted:

If you think they won’t make it so you have to buy the game to have the best guns in Warzone you are sorely mistaken

The best guns in warzone are whatever gun have an anime tracer skin pack

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I finished the campaign today. It was good in a Michael Bay way. I enjoyed the mechanics of each mission for the most part. There were only two parts in the campaign where the game fell apart for me.

(middle of campaign)
1. i had to reset a gently caress ton during the highway mission at the "kill the truck dropping mines" part because the next checkpoint was somewhat after you cleared the mines. Jumping from truck to truck sucked

2. the tank: i got caught in a checkpoint where my only way to live was to do a specific route. that + the c4 hunting game kinda sucked.

Everything else was... fine? The post credit scene was a bad teast, imo. Doing no russian but this time in a plane and also you have no control on it was dumb

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Clavavisage posted:

just give us a blatant fps copy of the survival game from division 1 which was very good but very DOA

Good news! Division Heartland is coming out and it’ll be just as DOA but also just as fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

I just feel like I should replay Ghosts just to see what so many people apparently saw in it because my memory is it as the misbegotten child of the entire franchise.

POST. THE. GUIDE.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghosts was the 2nd best. Infinite Warfare was the best.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do we have a war crimes counter for the campaign yet

What if we can stack war crimes for a combo multiplier where Graves goes “that right there is why America the best!”

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

I liked that they the CIA chick conspicuously and pointlessly mentioned that she has a wife, so we could admire how brave and forward-thinking Activision is. Everyone knows that CIA agents in the field love to casually reveal personal details over the radio

Laswell is cool and my favorite war criminal in this series

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who cares about sbmm anime is BACK

https://twitter.com/charlieintel/status/1585314652686270465?s=46&t=IFJQMGGwAgQ7T7h05KSaaQ

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Some people have apparently been able to play multiplayer early by changing their region to New Zealand, but it's not working for me. Anyone else tried it?

https://twitter.com/infinityward/status/1585496370764386304?s=61&t=IJr_cZU9JS2bgner_66RAQ

IW is apparently being fucky about it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

As far as I’ve seen, it sometimes works on xbox. Do not try to do it on PS5 it will gently caress things up. PC has a global launch time… later?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

One of the greatest videos ever made.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is another

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1JXEd1sVtw

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You cowards where my stats. Where’s my Kay deee rattiiiioooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If you’re feeling old and slow lean into ADS walk attachments and never sprint anywhere.

Just be a walking turret