Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Alright the algae didn't just magically disappear, so I guess I should do something about it.

It came in on some plants I stole from a local pond a few weeks ago. What do I do to get it gone? My tank is pretty stocked or I'd just throw some algae eating fish at it. I have 7 Tetras, 2 ghost shrimp, a betta, a 1in mystery snail, ½in ramshorn snail, and maybe a dozen snails smaller than a pea. I'd call it "medium planted"and I do half water changes weekly.

Do I just scrape and what scraper do people like? I'm worried it might be bad for the snails shells or the shrimp if it gets too bad.

Edit: unrelated: my betta hangs out at the bottom of the tank or between the air tubes and the glass and not on the betta leaf hammock I bought him at all. Do I need one of them floating betta logs so he feels safe at the top of the tank? Or should I just take my Java fern tunnel and hang it on the side instead of the bottom?

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Enos Cabell posted:

Everybody scrapes the glass, there is no way around it unless you keep the tank in an unlit, windowless room 24/7.

Grab one of these and get to work! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072J7T2Y
Be careful not to scrape the silicone in the corners. Best to use a paper towel to wipe along those seams.

That came in today and I used the sponge end to clean the glass right before I did my water change. I didn't bother with the seams. Was way easier than I expected. I just rinsed The sponge end out in the sink. Let me know if it needs more care than that.