Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Everybody scrapes the glass, there is no way around it unless you keep the tank in an unlit, windowless room 24/7.

Grab one of these and get to work! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072J7T2Y
Be careful not to scrape the silicone in the corners. Best to use a paper towel to wipe along those seams.

Talked to my boss today and got approval to bring a tank out to the office in my new job. I've got a low tech planted 29g set up at home with an angelfish, golden ram and siamese algae eater that I think I'll move out here. I've got easy access to a utility sink so should make water changes more bearable than last time I kept an office tank.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

RodShaft posted:

That came in today and I used the sponge end to clean the glass right before I did my water change. I didn't bother with the seams. Was way easier than I expected. I just rinsed The sponge end out in the sink. Let me know if it needs more care than that.

Nope, that's all there is to it! Some people are super meticulous and do it every day almost, but I usually clean mine right before my weekly water changes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Lareine posted:

The anubias are low light, all the rest are moderate light. Thinking about trying a Finnex Planted + but I am pretty lost.

I've been super happy with my Fluval Plant 3.0 lights. Have a pair of them up and running on my 75g high tech tank for a little over a year now and getting great results. I had a Finnex Planted+ that died within a year, so I recommend against those, but some people love them.

(these are kinda old but I don't have more recent photos handy, tank is still doing great though)

https://imgur.com/DHa3r7x.mp4

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I'm really digging how my indoor stock tank is growing in. Plants are absolutely loving their fish water.

Here's a shot of my on-the-mend reef tank that sits next to it. Starting to bounce back, but I'm still pretty gutted over the losses.