Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My mom recently passed and left a betta behind. Her partner has been taking care of the fish and when I went down for the funeral I decided to meet the fish. However his fins look nothing like my betta's fins. I'm wondering if it's fin rot or if some bettas naturally have fins like this. My mom never sent many pictures (and I'm in no state to look through her past messages to me) so I'm not sure if this is normal or not for this fish.

We're hoping to give the betta to my brother as my nieces are really interested in it and my brother is best suited in the area to take care of fish. However we don't want to give it to them only for it to die immediately because of fin rot or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

My understanding is that my mom got the fish a month or two ago at a Petco so I'm not sure of the age. The plants are silk instead of plastic so they shouldn't be tearing at his fins. He's swimming, hiding, sleeping, and eating normally. I guess he's fine and it's just normal.

Thank you for the condolences.