Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I have mostly freshwater but was gifted a marine tank back in May; the awesome serpent star, Event Horizon, died this week, which sucks because he was my favorite. But I was gifted some asterina starfish today so now I can have a ton of little fuckers all over the place.

Also the live rock I bought from Petco (I had a gift card shut it) is covered with feather worms and now pineapple sponges. Kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
In terms of planted tanks, I might be able to have something besides duckweed since my rice fish have discovered that scuds are in fact edible. I have scuds in most of my tanks, and contrary to popular belief, they have in fact destroyed hornwort, Java fern, Java moss, and Anubias.

I suspect the only reason they have not decimated the duckweed is because it breeds faster than they do.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

burning swine posted:

nothing breeds faster than duckweed

universe: challenge accepted.

Found 4-5 bristleworms in my marine tank. Let's go.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
What is the overall take on pencil urchins in small Marine tanks? Reviews online seem to vary between they will eat everything and knock all kinds of cred over in your tank, to those reports are exaggerated and they're pretty chill but can move Coral around because they will roll them with their spikes. Seeing as I don't have any coral, I'm not worried about that, but I am a little concerned it might damage my feather worms or the pineapple sponges that have started developing on one of the rocks.