Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very Australian of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

The good thing about ADCC is that because it is such a big event it will start no more than two hours late despite airing on FloGrappling!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is actually the most comical thing possible

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LMAO pushed back to half past the hour.

Waroduce said something on Discord about the doors outside the arena being packed.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Mekchu posted:

Waroduce said something on Discord

how do i join this thing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OH MY GOD THEY'RE DOING THE FIGHTER FACE OFFS AGAIN

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

This is the most unnecessary and stupid thing

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should've done it this way yesterday lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lenne Hardt throwing shade at us complaining at home.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're an hour into the stream and the event hasn't actually started yet. Its been 40 mins of the fighter introductions that we did yesterday.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Mekchu posted:

We're an hour into the stream and the event hasn't actually started yet. Its been 40 mins of the fighter introductions that we did yesterday.

My favorite fighter entrance so far is Orlando Sanchez coming out with some kids (presumably his children) then once they are in the back he immediately started flipping off the camera.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After an hour of introductions its now "wait 15 more minutes"

:laffo:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duckdealer posted:

My favorite fighter entrance so far is Orlando Sanchez coming out with some kids (presumably his children) then once they are in the back he immediately started flipping off the camera.

Orlando is the only guy who ever won gold in ADCC by never scoring points or getting submissions in a tournament.

That's the kind of grappler he is. He just got judge's decisions.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

That voice. That loving voice.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Mekchu posted:

Orlando is the only guy who ever won gold in ADCC by never scoring points or getting submissions in a tournament.

That's the kind of grappler he is. He just got judge's decisions.

I knew that was generally his style but did not know that specific factoid!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
We're watching the announcer sucking Gordon's dick instead of the ongoing matches?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

duckdealer posted:

I knew that was generally his style but did not know that specific factoid!

You too can find that sort of random poo poo out from the Jack Slack Boicast.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Tacos Al Pastor posted:

That voice. That loving voice.

Very nostalgic

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

starkebn posted:

We're watching the announcer sucking Gordon's dick instead of the ongoing matches?

I think theres been a bit of confusion as to how the production should be run. Theres literally matches going on behind them and they're like "Lets take a break...".

uhhhhhhhh

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THE GIRAFFE DID IT!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Rida submitting Cyborg has been the only action so far. This is why I don't usually watch live.

e: I guess Craig's win was something

starkebn fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 17, 2022

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

First meregali Match was hot fire

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Also lol Mo

starkebn
May 18, 2004

butros posted:

First meregali Match was hot fire

Haha, yeah - they've picked up now

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Izaak/Vagner seemed really good from the final portion of the OT I saw.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here's the Haisam/Abreu finish

https://i.imgur.com/GNXsQW9.mp4

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Lower weights bringing the energy

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

One thing that stands out consistently when I watch her, is Elisabeth Clays defense. Holy gently caress that girl can get out of poo poo.

Also, she kinda cute :pervert:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Pretty much every match after I complained stepped up and brought the action. A great first day.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
Is it true that Orlando got submitted by dickstomp? How is that the only match that hasn't shown up in bootleg form on youtube or reddit?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ihop posted:

Is it true that Orlando got submitted by dickstomp? How is that the only match that hasn't shown up in bootleg form on youtube or reddit?

I watched the video. It wasn't a dickstomp but it was from a top mount with feet on the groin/inside and he was caught in an arm triangle. If anything I think he just gave up. There was complaining before that about shin being on his groin and he kept arguing/delaying.

Also AJ Agazarm got so salty it was hilarious.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

A lot of people commenting that Lachlan was getting kicked in the head while being armbarred. To me it looks fine, Ruotolo was just trying hard to control the head with his leg and Lachlan keep trying to push it off to prevent that. I really wanted Lachlan to do better this year, but he lost fair and square.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That looked more like he was trying to swing his food over Lachlan's head and was struggling, but definitely not kicking. Maybe incidentally hitting with his heel but not like to hurt Lachlan to distract him from the armbar defense.

https://i.imgur.com/gT7tKNo.mp4

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Sep 18, 2022

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

Yeah, didn't really seem anything to it. Feels like the same sort of thing as going for a hard collar tie; not great in the gym but seems fine in the context of something like ADCC. Hope Lachlan gets another great run through the absolute bracket.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CionB5nj-XU/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

This was apparently the opening video thing that ADCC had on the stage for the event, that FloGrappling decided people at home didn't need to see.

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
suck it, cyborg

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Fwiw Lachlan is on Instagram saying he didn't feel any kicks to the head and felt it was clean.

There is also a slomo or different angle and you can see it's not landing.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Mekchu posted:

That looked more like he was trying to swing his food over Lachlan's head and was struggling, but definitely not kicking. Maybe incidentally hitting with his heel but not like to hurt Lachlan to distract him from the armbar defense.

https://i.imgur.com/gT7tKNo.mp4

Dang, so that's what to do against inverted guard

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

Did Ryan just set a new ADCC fastest submission record with that straight ashi heel hook? The commentors didnt say anything about this.

I watched this thinking he was going to after the arm or the shoulder and sure enough he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Xguard86 posted:

Fwiw Lachlan is on Instagram saying he didn't feel any kicks to the head and felt it was clean.

There is also a slomo or different angle and you can see it's not landing.

Yeah in the moment I thought that the stoppage was going to be for kicks, but the ref was right there and lachlan didn't react as if he had been kicked, so