Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

and it wasn't an injury or illness or something like that. but a tantrum lol

e: Another thing. Next season I want to propose a small change and raise the score level for rushing yards for RBs, WRs, and TEs. Full PPR is creating an imbalance where an incredible day of rushing like Damien Pierce had results in a lower than expected score. I'd like rushing yards to be appropriately rewarded, maybe they can be .125 or something like that just to give them a little boost.

Also higher scores are cool. Any thoughts on that? Is it even possible with Yahoo?

We can talk about the scoring system for next year, sure. Personally I don't have a problem with the current setup, but maybe if full point PPR is skewing things too much we could move it to half point PPR if enough people agree to that. I dunno if you can do like a 1.25x booster to rushing yards like you're talking about with Yahoo's setup, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gonna hold on to Austin Ekeler and CMC for 79 points each

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The scoring is fine, draft better.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Darren Waller is so frustrating. I want to drop him but it’s not like there’s a bountiful feast of competent TEs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Darren Waller is so frustrating. I want to drop him but it’s not like there’s a bountiful feast of competent TEs.

TE is a rough position this year. Either you have one of the few elite ones or it's a grab bag of mediocre.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

TE is a rough position this year. Either you have one of the few elite ones or it's a grab bag of mediocre.

Somehow I wound up with Kelce and Ertz

I think this week is the first week I've ever played a TE in the flex (because my RBs are so weak I played Khalil Herbert today even though David Montgomery is back)

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

Silly Burrito posted:

Not gonna hurt you this week. My one week rental of engram turned out to be a bust, much like the rest of my team with byes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also it's hilarious that the team with Joe Mixon is getting totally stomped this week because they didn't manage their lineup.

It takes like 5 minutes once a week, people!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WampaLord posted:

We can talk about the scoring system for next year, sure. Personally I don't have a problem with the current setup, but maybe if full point PPR is skewing things too much we could move it to half point PPR if enough people agree to that. I dunno if you can do like a 1.25x booster to rushing yards like you're talking about with Yahoo's setup, though.

That's too bad it's just a little sad to see a dude rush for 139 and put up a pretty pathetic score just because no catches. A catch for no yards worth the same as a ten yard run is weird logic.

But, I like big scores mentally and emotionally so going half ppr doesn't appeal either. I guess yahoo doesn't have my breadth of vision to both respect the run and boost all scores into the stratosphere, more fool them

wandler20 posted:

The scoring is fine, draft better.

Lmao :ok: way to miss the point

Wait are you Steve or Nathan. Or someone else

WampaLord posted:

Also it's hilarious that the team with Joe Mixon is getting totally stomped this week because they didn't manage their lineup.

It takes like 5 minutes once a week, people!

I know I tried to warn them because that's no fun. I still would've had some chance to win depending, had an okay week but at least it would've been exciting. Especially with Mixon putting up God tier numbers

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I vote to make TE catches worth 2 points. My guy isn't scoring enough.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

I vote to make TE catches worth 20 points. My guy isn't scoring enough.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went through all the teams looking for a way to trade Zach Ertz for a RB better than Khalil Herbert, and I gotta say, you all disgust me. What are these teams? One of you has 3 TEs. Bizarre league we got here, just bizarre. One of you has exactly 2 RBs and like 8 WRs.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

I went through all the teams looking for a way to trade Zach Ertz for a RB better than Khalil Herbert, and I gotta say, you all disgust me. What are these teams? One of you has 3 TEs. Bizarre league we got here, just bizarre. One of you has exactly 2 RBs and like 8 WRs.

Lol I'm so proud of our little league.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Every one of my players is a precious snowflake.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Every one of my players is a precious snowflake.

Accept my trade bitch Darren Waller is cooked and you know it! You need Zach Ertz so bad

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Accept my trade bitch Darren Waller is cooked and you know it! You need Zach Ertz so bad

Fine fine

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ah poo poo I forgot to take drake london out god dammit

Well, here's hoping for a big game I guess. Seems unlikely. A lot of guys on bye or injured this week but I could've put in Aaron Jones who looks like he will play

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeaaahhhh not lookin good lol

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

So annoyed I forgot to move Wilson to replace Montgomery. Not sure it matters given the rest of my team but I hate losing for dumb reasons.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
gently caress you Justin Fields.

QB rushing yards should only count for half points. We need to change that next year.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So I trade for Ertz and he’s hurt. Cest la vie.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ooooh didn't someone trade for Ertz recently? I'm sad to announce he just died

e: beaten by the victim

wandler20 posted:

QB rushing yards should only count for half points. We need to change that next year.

You know I won that week right? Lmao. I'm enjoying the minor meltdown though so by all means continue

PostNouveau posted:

Hahaha that owns

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

My best waiver wire pickup this season for sure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
11% chance for the funniest outcome of the season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

So I trade for Ertz and he’s hurt. Cest la vie.

It's karma for giving me a worse RB than I initially asked for

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

It's karma for giving me a worse RB than I initially asked for

I’ll swap ‘em back

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ll swap ‘em back

Nah, my IR stash RB was a bust so I might actually need this Jets bum you gave me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

11% chance for the funniest outcome of the season

Even id laugh if I bottled this one. Forgot to chuck conor In my flex before the Friday game. Hurts will see me through.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
RIP Zach Ertz, I’ll never forget the 2.2 points you gave me.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
F

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That’s pretty much what I said when I heard the news.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My beautiful receiver sons. So many fantasy points lost like piss in the shower or however that dumb quote goes.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I knew I was gonna make terrible sit/start choices this week and I did NOT disappoint

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is the week where half of my players are on bye and I'm playing the best team in the league, so I didn't have high hopes for this week, but God drat am I being blown out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

This is the week where half of my players are on bye and I'm playing the best team in the league, so I didn't have high hopes for this week, but God drat am I being blown out.

Ease up, this isn't being blown out.

yet

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

My season is already trash - but playing against the guy who hasn't made adjustments for four+ weeks when their team is off byes + going off is real annoying.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

yet

drat man, twisting the knife

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

yet

Look, you've seen the win percentage, and hell we can see the projected points right there. I guess the real question is who's going to have what it takes to defeat you in the playoffs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

Look, you've seen the win percentage, and hell we can see the projected points right there. I guess the real question is who's going to have what it takes to defeat you in the playoffs.

no reverse jinxes or overconfidence here boss, too many things can change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If only I'd played Joshua Palmer today :(