Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I deserve this L for starting Toney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

wandler20 posted:

I deserve this L for starting Toney.

Honestly think I deserve the l more than you do, hosed up big time in sit start and a bunch of my players disappointed. drat that was close and if the 49ers weren't absolutely dominating you'd still have a very good chance but it looks like they took Aiyuk out.

The part I find ironic is that I dropped Kenyan Drake due to having way too many RBs, you picked him up and put him in for Najee. So if I hadn't have made that completely random move of dropping him you would've kept Najee in and beaten me like a drum. Sometimes you stumble rear end backwards into the solution I guess

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

Honestly think I deserve the l more than you do, hosed up big time in sit start and a bunch of my players disappointed. drat that was close and if the 49ers weren't absolutely dominating you'd still have a very good chance but it looks like they took Aiyuk out.

The part I find ironic is that I dropped Kenyan Drake due to having way too many RBs, you picked him up and put him in for Najee. So if I hadn't have made that completely random move of dropping him you would've kept Najee in and beaten me like a drum. Sometimes you stumble rear end backwards into the solution I guess

Lol yeah. I had Gus Edwards starting over Najee so when he was out I figured Drake would be a good start and I was so sick of Najee being poo poo all year I didn't want to start him and welp.

I guess that's why I am where I am.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Silly Burrito posted:

Ease up, this isn't being blown out.

yet

See, it wasn’t as bad as the predictions made it out to be. :D

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

See, it wasn’t as bad as the predictions made it out to be. :D

Not even the biggest blowout of the week

I had a 30-pt wide receiver on the bench :( Coulda broken 200.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

Not even the biggest blowout of the week

I had a 30-pt wide receiver on the bench :( Coulda broken 200.

The record to beat is still 213.5!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DJ Moore having a huge day. So glad I took him out for chase who was announced as inactive at 2am.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This is gonna be a nail biter for me. Instant Keenan and Kelce touchdowns bode ill.

Going for my fifth consecutive win, which would be dope, but starting to feel like the well of luck has run dry

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

This is gonna be a nail biter for me. Instant Keenan and Kelce touchdowns bode ill.

Going for my fifth consecutive win, which would be dope, but starting to feel like the well of luck has run dry

I'm also going for my 5th straight win, so it's a clash of hot teams.

You've already had some good luck as Justin Fields got hurt, and he has been carrying the gently caress out of my team these last few games with 30+ point performances.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I'm also going for my 5th straight win, so it's a clash of hot teams.

You've already had some good luck as Justin Fields got hurt, and he has been carrying the gently caress out of my team these last few games with 30+ point performances.

Yeah in a way I'm already pretty lucky that I didn't play you last week, at least I have some chance lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

God Bless Josh Jacobs for taking from under 10% chance to win to favored. I just need Miles Sanders to get under 17 points for the W.

ETA: Ah gently caress Sanders has 10 points already, this is gonna be rough.

ETA 2: welp fml

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 28, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK, going into the last week of regular season play, the final playoff spot is mainly up for grabs between me and whoever owns Baker's Crap Dozen.

I started the year going 1-6, including the biggest loss of the year -- over 90 pts to ... Baker's Crap Dozen.

They started the year 5-1 and I think led the league at one point?

They get to play the guy who hasn't set his lineup all year, except his bye weeks are over and none of the people he had in the last week he checked have started to suck or gotten hurt (TBD on Joe Mixon), so it might not be the advantage you'd think.

I get to play Derrick Rolled, who has had a disappointing year. Probably Kyler Murray's fault looking at his roster.

My team is hot, but I have jinxed myself by posting about it. Also, I believe we can both win and overtake one of the next teams above us.

Edit: Oh and Justin Fields is on the bye, so I have to play Tom Brady at QB.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, I'm counting out Touchdown Tom and betting it all on Geno Smith!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress it, I'm counting out Touchdown Tom and betting it all on Geno Smith!

Probably a good idea considering the Bucs don't score more than 17pts AND they play at San Fran.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"

PostNouveau posted:

OK, going into the last week of regular season play, the final playoff spot is mainly up for grabs between me and whoever owns Baker's Crap Dozen.

I started the year going 1-6, including the biggest loss of the year -- over 90 pts to ... Baker's Crap Dozen.

They started the year 5-1 and I think led the league at one point?

They get to play the guy who hasn't set his lineup all year, except his bye weeks are over and none of the people he had in the last week he checked have started to suck or gotten hurt (TBD on Joe Mixon), so it might not be the advantage you'd think.

I get to play Derrick Rolled, who has had a disappointing year. Probably Kyler Murray's fault looking at his roster.

My team is hot, but I have jinxed myself by posting about it. Also, I believe we can both win and overtake one of the next teams above us.

Edit: Oh and Justin Fields is on the bye, so I have to play Tom Brady at QB.

I'm sure I'll struggle this week. Who knows. I'm not sure Kyler has been my issue - really my 2nd through fourth picks all killed me - Kamara, Deebo, and Sutton have all been duds. My best picks came late in the rounds and free agency, but I wasn't able to get any consistency in play/huge boom weeks other than the one time Kamara scored a TD this season.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's been nice to ride Josh Allen, Josh Jacobs, and Dalvin Cook to a bunch of Ws. I wish my WR situation was better, loving Mike Evans is being criminally underused this season, but even though I didn't claim a bye, I'm confirmed for a playoff spot so nothing to complain about over here.

Until week 1 of the playoffs and I get totally stomped because all my guys under perform :v:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm sure I'll struggle this week. Who knows. I'm not sure Kyler has been my issue - really my 2nd through fourth picks all killed me - Kamara, Deebo, and Sutton have all been duds. My best picks came late in the rounds and free agency, but I wasn't able to get any consistency in play/huge boom weeks other than the one time Kamara scored a TD this season.

Continuing the Tale of 2 Seasons for our teams, here are the biggest blowouts of the season for the league:

#1:

#2:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

It's been nice to ride Josh Allen, Josh Jacobs, and Dalvin Cook to a bunch of Ws. I wish my WR situation was better, loving Mike Evans is being criminally underused this season, but even though I didn't claim a bye, I'm confirmed for a playoff spot so nothing to complain about over here.

Until week 1 of the playoffs and I get totally stomped because all my guys under perform :v:

I feel this frustration but in a much different way.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Paul Proteus posted:

Yeah literally my most reliable players came in the fifth round (Amon-Ra), tenth round (Rhamondre), and waiver wire (Tua, at least until recently). AJ Brown in the third round also hasn't been bad although has had some down weeks. Apart from that Aaron Jones, Mike Williams, and Russel Wilson did very little for me and were all horribly overdrafted

This week I'm apparently still evenly favored despite Foster Moreau putting up a big fat zero. If I do lose and Champa Bay wins does anyone know if I will get the bye or not since we'll have equal records at that point? What are tiebreakers based on, previous wins or points scored total or something?

side note: The New Guy please replace your defense on bye so this doesn't happen

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Play posted:

Yeah literally my most reliable players came in the fifth round (Amon-Ra), tenth round (Rhamondre), and waiver wire (Tua, at least until recently). AJ Brown in the third round also hasn't been bad although has had some down weeks. Apart from that Aaron Jones, Mike Williams, and Russel Wilson did very little for me and were all horribly overdrafted

This week I'm apparently still evenly favored despite Foster Moreau putting up a big fat zero. If I do lose and Champa Bay wins does anyone know if I will get the bye or not since we'll have equal records at that point? What are tiebreakers based on, previous wins or points scored total or something?

side note: The New Guy please replace your defense on bye so this doesn't happen

I think points is Yahoo's default tiebreaker.

Last time I went into the playoffs as #1, I had a first round exit. Here's hoping history does NOT repeat itself there (it can repeat itself from the first season though).

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I think points is Yahoo's default tiebreaker.

Yup, points for is the tiebreaker so unless Play's team wildly underperforms and my guys all have killer days, Play will be claiming the second bye slot. You didn't need to warn The New Guy (an ironic name at this point)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I always set my lineups. Just wasn’t worried about Thursday night football this week for obvious reasons

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cool thanks guys.

Annoying to have such a down week right before wins and losses are for good, but I'll hope it's just a blip. Good luck in the playoffs everyone!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Waddle didn't get enough! I pulled out the W!

:woop:

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Continuing the Tale of 2 Seasons for our teams, here are the biggest blowouts of the season for the league:

#1:

#2:

Not certain I've ever had three starters injured in the same week. Doesn't matter on my end but just insane luck. Just insane insult to injury.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paul Proteus posted:

Not certain I've ever had three starters injured in the same week. Doesn't matter on my end but just insane luck. Just insane insult to injury.

More insanely bad luck for you, I was pretty sure to lose because of tonight's game, but my opponent's QB Kyler Murray got injured immediately and now I'm like 50-50 to win.

However, you're gonna win too and you've got 40 points on me, so I think you wind up with the last playoff spot because of points scored.

Hmmmm, also The New Guy is losing and I've got points on him. I think if I win, I am in and he is out?

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 13, 2022

Play
Apr 25, 2006

well there was the slim chance of a win but with conner dominating and rhamondre getting injured (god dammit), I'm buttered toast

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Hmmmm, also The New Guy is losing and I've got points on him. I think if I win, I am in and he is out?

I think if you win you're in, but The New Guy would also be in, Brady's mouth kisses would be out. At least if I'm reading the standings right.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Looks like out of the 4 bubble teams vying for 3 spots, The New Guy loses

Crazy to have that many spots open the last weekend. Three 7-7 teams in the end

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

More insanely bad luck for you, I was pretty sure to lose because of tonight's game, but my opponent's QB Kyler Murray got injured immediately and now I'm like 50-50 to win.

However, you're gonna win too and you've got 40 points on me, so I think you wind up with the last playoff spot because of points scored.

I think you got folks confused - I was your opponent this week.

I figured Tyler and Lawrence would be close to eachother and a coin flip. Didn't think I'd have two starts go down near immediately (Wilson and Murray) then Samuel (although he did get some points).

Disappointing year for sure of underperformances and injuries. That said- at least I'm not in last place! Or is that decided via the playoffs, not record?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paul Proteus posted:

That said- at least I'm not in last place! Or is that decided via the playoffs, not record?

It's been handled inconsistently. I think we should do it by standings, the last place loser tag is meant to emphasize your suckitude over the whole season, not your bad luck in the final 2 weeks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

It's been handled inconsistently. I think we should do it by standings, the last place loser tag is meant to emphasize your suckitude over the whole season, not your bad luck in the final 2 weeks

I think last year we did it by standings not by playoffs because someone abandoned their team in like Week 2, so obviously he deserved the loser tag.

And this year, we have the same situation, so hey, there we go

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Wow I thought I was fairly solidly in the playoffs, but I guess 3-4 things had to go the wrong way and they sure did.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: WILD CARD PLAYOFF PREVIEW :siren:

Champa Bay (3) vs DrewBreesMoonCheese (6)

Will Champa Bay's RB combo of Josh Jacobs and Dalvin Cook be strong enough to withstand DrewBreesMoonCheese's overwhelming trio of Justin Fields/Travis Kelce/Davante Adams? Will Mike Evans catch anything? And just how many picks will Josh Allen throw? Tune in to find out!

Baker's Crap Dozen (5) vs Brady's mouth kisses (4)

Will Baker's Crap Dozen WR power combo of Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill be able to overcome the might of the Eagles and their quarterback? Will Ja'Marr Chase pop off for a 50 point day? The answers will be discovered this weekend!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

:siren: WILD CARD PLAYOFF PREVIEW :siren:

Champa Bay (3) vs DrewBreesMoonCheese (6)

Will Champa Bay's RB combo of Josh Jacobs and Dalvin Cook be strong enough to withstand DrewBreesMoonCheese's overwhelming trio of Justin Fields/Travis Kelce/Davante Adams? Will Mike Evans catch anything? And just how many picks will Josh Allen throw? Tune in to find out!

Baker's Crap Dozen (5) vs Brady's mouth kisses (4)

Will Baker's Crap Dozen WR power combo of Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill be able to overcome the might of the Eagles and their quarterback? Will Ja'Marr Chase pop off for a 50 point day? The answers will be discovered this weekend!

I miss my 2 headed loving monster of Chase and Kupp. My poor Cooper. 😢

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've got another 10-team league that has, I think, a better playoff format.

Just 4 teams and two weeks per semi-final with 2 weeks for the final. In our league, we wouldn't have any teams getting in at 7-7 (like me) and we'd have less chance at fluke, one-week bullshit causing someone to get bounced.

The downside is it includes Week 18, where some teams might be sitting stars.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Coming down to the wire!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo I was so worried Carr was going to hit Adams for a long pass at the end there.

I think I barely pulled out the W thanks to that stupid rear end Patriots play preventing overtime

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I blame Amare Cooper :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

My team falling apart at the absolute worst moment. J Taylor on IR, Damien Pierce on IR, Amon Ra losing touches to Jameson, Tua playing badly. Everyone else sucking rear end except for AJ Brown.

Even with all that should be a fun playoff game and according to yahoo we're about even. Not sure I believe that though lol