Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

With hurts out and the dudes I have on IR I think I've fired my last shots, gonna need some big days from some mid fantasy talent if I'm gonna go back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

With hurts out and the dudes I have on IR I think I've fired my last shots, gonna need some big days from some mid fantasy talent if I'm gonna go back to back.

It’ll be a good game, I’m sure.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My mouth kisses. My lips are chapped and fatigued!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
God dammit Zach Wilson needs to just disappear of shame, what a fuckass.

Really should've gone with Mike williams given the weather and how Zach sucks so incredibly hard. But you live with these things when you were born an idiot

BlindSite posted:

My mouth kisses. My lips are chapped and fatigued!

And yet, the brady just keeps on kissing you... is he trying to murder you with kisses? You feel faint and unwell. Roll constitution to see if you survive more kisses

Play
Apr 25, 2006

This playoff game a race to the bottom lol. Who can gently caress up and disappoint less

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

This playoff game a race to the bottom lol. Who can gently caress up and disappoint less

Tua and Aaron Jones did not have great days. If Mike Evans and Bucs D can do well today, I got this.

ETA: Broncos D lol

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 25, 2022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Nothing like having your team completely poo poo the bed in the semifinals. Congrats Blindsite!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The consolation ladder semifinal with the guy who hasn't set his lineup since Week 2 was BY FAR the best game of the week

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

Nothing like having your team completely poo poo the bed in the semifinals. Congrats Blindsite!

Unlucky week mate. I had a bunch of guys go off who could have easily scored 2.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

BlindSite posted:

Unlucky week mate. I had a bunch of guys go off who could have easily scored 2.

Yep, poo poo happens. Always next year!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Man what a wet fart end to a season lol. Every single player going red, many of them by incredible margins. Also accepted some very bad advice and also made my own bad decisions. My opponent had a pretty bad week too but still beat me by a lot

Fun season since I had that win steak after a poo poo start. But ultimately, disappointment as everything falls apart at the exact worst time

Fantasy football!! That's what it is and that's why I love it

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Welp. Evans has won you this one. Congrats mate.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Welp. Evans has won you this one. Congrats mate.

Nothing's over till it's over. Looks like it's basically a coin flip at this point.

I need Josh Allen to save me.

ETA: Oh that late Jacobs TD helped a lot.

ETA 2: If Chase pops off, you still have a drat good shot at winning this game, Super Bowl is gonna rest on Monday Night Football!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 2, 2023

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Third place best place

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hmmm

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

...yeah

It's in Roger Goodell's hands now, I guess. :ohdear:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

WampaLord posted:

...yeah

It's in Roger Goodell's hands now, I guess. :ohdear:

Worst comes to worst do we get their individual points next week and add to the total?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Worst comes to worst do we get their individual points next week and add to the total?

Links to this article - https://sports.yahoo.com/week-17-18-fantasy-football-status-updates-011003705.html

quote:

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CANCELLATION

If the game is declared final by the NFL and scored as is (meaning the score is finalized as 7-3), all fantasy points will remain as is.

If the game is canceled and stats are zeroed out by the NFL, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official record.

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CONTINUATION

If the game resumes (at any point in the future), scores will accrue as they normally would for Week 17 matchups. This will impact Week 17 results and Week 18 matchups may be impacted (as necessary).

Example: A manager who wins their Week 17 matchup may end up losing after we apply stat corrections following the completion of the Bills-Bengals game. That manager’s Week 18 matchup would then be a 3rd-place game rather than the championship game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I just logged in and uh, I win, apparently?

:confuoot: Apparently Yahoo has decided that the fantasy points at the time of game postponement will count for Week 17.

ETA: I think if the game ends up happening in Week 18 they will update the points then. So this maybe isn't a final locked in result.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 4, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Why don't we just take whatever our remaining players score in week 18 and add that to the total? It was just Allen and Chase yeah?

Fair enough if you want to "win" this year without the final players too. *

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1611183321588924416

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's what Yahoo is doing:

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CANCELLATION

If the game is declared final by the NFL and scored as is (meaning the score is finalized as 7-3), all fantasy points will remain as is.

If the game is canceled and stats are zeroed out by the NFL, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official record.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lenny Wagon really got nailed by this

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

that may be a display issue on your end, it's still showing all the points those players got in the shortened game for me

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I'm just saying that's a lot of players and points to lose.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I'm just saying that's a lot of players and points to lose.

Sure, but also it's the consolation bracket so :shrug:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also isn't Lenny Wagon the abandoned team?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

WampaLord posted:

Sure, but also it's the consolation bracket so :shrug:

Yeah it's meaningless but I still thought it was pretty wild to be so affected by that one game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yahoo has zero'd out all the points and declared that the final result for Week 17 since the NFL officially cancelled the game. So that's the end of the league. I know this last week had bizarre circumstances, but hopefully everyone had fun trying their chances with Lady Luck and will be back for next year!

So Blindsite gets $25 from the pool
Silly Burrito gets :10bux:
and good ol Joey Freshwater gets the loser av

I will send out the moneys and purchase the av early next week. Thanks for playing in TFF NFCS Dynasty League Year 5!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Okay, money has been dispersed and Joey Freshwater is the newest recipient of the TFF NFCS Dynasty Loser av. A fun and wild year, y'all, can't wait for Year 6!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Thank you sir. Appreciate the cash. I will spend it on something frivolous and stupid as befitting my 2nd place.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

Okay, money has been dispersed and Joey Freshwater is the newest recipient of the TFF NFCS Dynasty Loser av. A fun and wild year, y'all, can't wait for Year 6!

Nice, thank you for the :10bux:! I already blew half on a new av.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I just feel bad for the winner who will always have an asterisk because they didn't really win.

:biglips:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I just feel bad for the winner who will always have an asterisk because they didn't really win.

For the record, even if we did the "add their Week 18 points" thing you wouldn't have made up the difference. :smug:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord posted:

:siren:HALL OF CHAMPIONS:siren:

2018 FFL Season - Silly Burrito
2019 FFL Season - Play
2020 FFL Season - wandler20
2021 FFL Season - BlindSite
2022 FFL Season - WampaLord

And in new graphical format:

Nice addition to the OP. Unless I'm mistaken, no one shows up twice here in the top 1-2-3 of the last five years, parity!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice addition to the OP. Unless I'm mistaken, no one shows up twice here in the top 1-2-3 of the last five years, parity!

Very NFC South of us

BlindSite posted:

This happened to me in my other league. Woo, I won ... by 14 pts and my opponent had 2 players get a game cancelled because a dude's heart stopped on the field.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

We doing this again this year? I never know when these things start. Just wanna make sure I don't miss it.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I have to be out this year. So one spot is up for grabs. Thanks!

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
If there ends up being space (looked like there were some on wait list already), I'd be down to join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So..... any updates?