Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
I thought I built a much better team but when my first two picks have done nothing between Kamara and Henry I guess I picked wrong. Avatar here I come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

This team is killing me. Finally get a decent week out of Henry then I leave 60 points on my bench and lose by 10.

I never would have played Smith but Montgomery over Brown was a debate and killed me.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

My team suuuuuuuuucks

I'm in the same boat. I can't keep a RB healthy or make any good choices on who to start for WR.

I almost want to trade all my depth to make the choices easier.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

I hate Taysom Hill stealing all of Kamara's red zone touches.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Play posted:

well im totally hosed this week, who would've expected freaking saints vs cardinals to be a 76 point offensive explosion

also too many guys on bye. in reality i am inferior to my opponent in every way even without these qualifiers. im man enought o admit to that

Not sure about that. My team is trash and allergic to touchdowns. Doesn't seem to be a problem for everyone else I face.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, my team is trash. I have the most mid group of receivers imaginable.

Same. At least my rbs finally decided to score points at the same time. I can only pray it continues with how many injuries and byes I have.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Darren Waller is so frustrating. I want to drop him but it’s not like there’s a bountiful feast of competent TEs.

Not gonna hurt you this week. My one week rental of engram turned out to be a bust, much like the rest of my team with byes.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

So annoyed I forgot to move Wilson to replace Montgomery. Not sure it matters given the rest of my team but I hate losing for dumb reasons.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

My season is already trash - but playing against the guy who hasn't made adjustments for four+ weeks when their team is off byes + going off is real annoying.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

OK, going into the last week of regular season play, the final playoff spot is mainly up for grabs between me and whoever owns Baker's Crap Dozen.

I started the year going 1-6, including the biggest loss of the year -- over 90 pts to ... Baker's Crap Dozen.

They started the year 5-1 and I think led the league at one point?

They get to play the guy who hasn't set his lineup all year, except his bye weeks are over and none of the people he had in the last week he checked have started to suck or gotten hurt (TBD on Joe Mixon), so it might not be the advantage you'd think.

I get to play Derrick Rolled, who has had a disappointing year. Probably Kyler Murray's fault looking at his roster.

My team is hot, but I have jinxed myself by posting about it. Also, I believe we can both win and overtake one of the next teams above us.

Edit: Oh and Justin Fields is on the bye, so I have to play Tom Brady at QB.

I'm sure I'll struggle this week. Who knows. I'm not sure Kyler has been my issue - really my 2nd through fourth picks all killed me - Kamara, Deebo, and Sutton have all been duds. My best picks came late in the rounds and free agency, but I wasn't able to get any consistency in play/huge boom weeks other than the one time Kamara scored a TD this season.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Continuing the Tale of 2 Seasons for our teams, here are the biggest blowouts of the season for the league:

#1:

#2:

Not certain I've ever had three starters injured in the same week. Doesn't matter on my end but just insane luck. Just insane insult to injury.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

More insanely bad luck for you, I was pretty sure to lose because of tonight's game, but my opponent's QB Kyler Murray got injured immediately and now I'm like 50-50 to win.

However, you're gonna win too and you've got 40 points on me, so I think you wind up with the last playoff spot because of points scored.

Hmmmm, also The New Guy is losing and I've got points on him. I think if I win, I am in and he is out?

I think you got folks confused - I was your opponent this week.

I figured Tyler and Lawrence would be close to eachother and a coin flip. Didn't think I'd have two starts go down near immediately (Wilson and Murray) then Samuel (although he did get some points).

Disappointing year for sure of underperformances and injuries. That said- at least I'm not in last place! Or is that decided via the playoffs, not record?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

I have to be out this year. So one spot is up for grabs. Thanks!