Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Back for year 5!

Manager/Team Name List:

Champa Bay - WampaLord
If You Seek a Falcon - Silly Burrito
Brady's Bunch - wandler20
Derrick Rolled - Paul Proteus
The New Guy - The Big Jesus
Brady's Mouth Kisses - BlindSite
Baker's Crap Dozen - The Flying Llama
Lenny Wagon - Joey Freshwater
Jameis Me Yet? - Play
DrewBreesMoonCheese - PostNouveau

Retired players:
Tom Benson's Ghost - Paul Proteus
AB's Old Helmet - YOLOSubmarine
Jameis' loving W - Chilichimp
Sabby Piscitelli - kidcoelacanth
Doyle Rules - MarquisDeCarabas
gently caress JAMEIS WINSTON - GD_American
Cammy Cam Juice - waah

:siren:HALL OF CHAMPIONS:siren:

2018 FFL Season - Silly Burrito
2019 FFL Season - Play
2020 FFL Season - wandler20
2021 FFL Season - BlindSite
2022 FFL Season - WampaLord

And in new graphical format:

2020/2021 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937161
2019 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3895673
2018 thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3869636

Payouts:
1st place - 55 bucks
2nd place - 25 bucks
3rd place - 10 bucks
Last Place - The Loser Avatar

Also, if you change your team name please post it in here so I can keep things straight.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

And as a treat for the new thread, I wrote up a recap of Week 1!

:siren: TFF NFC South Dynasty Fantasy Season 5 Week 1 Recap: :siren:

First, let me discuss the games that were firmly resolved by Sunday night:

Champa Bay vs Derrick Rolled

Champa Bay got a great boost from Thursday Night when Josh Allen balled out for 31.48 points against the Rams and rode that momentum all the way through Sunday, with Mike Evans being the standout Sunday player, booking a solid 18.10. Derrick Rolled had a strong showing from Kyler Murray, 20.62, but many of his other player underperformed expectations. Sadly, Courtland Sutton was not able to put up the necessary 50 point performance to make a miracle comeback for Derrick Rolled. Champa Bay nocks up a W.

Lenny Wagon vs Brady's mouth kisses

This game was basically decided on Thursday night, as Cooper Kupp completely balled out for an amazing 31.8 points for Brady's mouth kisses, as well as an impressive 17 points from Buffalo's defense. Meanwhile, Lenny Wagon's TNF players totally failed to perform, racking up a combined 3.7 points. Sunday just confirmed the inevitable as Jalen Hurts and Ja'Marr Chase piled fuel on the fire. Brady's mouth kisses walks away with a statement W.

Jameis Me Yet? vs The New Guy

The New Guy got out to a great start with the Buffalo game as Stefon Diggs racked up 26.2 points as his team trounced the Rams. Despite heroic efforts from Jonathan Taylor and A.J. Brown, Jameis Me Yet? was unable to keep up as The New Guy was boosted with a heroic performance from Saquon Barkley, who got 33.4 points! The combined efforts of Russel Wilson and Brandon McManus were not able to mount the comeback and The New Guy claims the W.

And two games were reliant on Monday Night Football to determine the final outcome:

Baker's Crap Dozen vs If You Seek A Falcon

An extremely impressive showing from both squads, as each team scored a huge 140+ points, but of course, there can be only one victor. Mahomes and Justin Jefferson basically cancelled each other out, so If You Seek A Falcon needed a big performance to get the W, which he got from D'Andre Swift, who racked up 26.5 points. Baker's Crap Dozen had a slim shot at a comeback if Denver's defense was willing to get 12 points, but the power of the Geno Smith Seahawks was too much. If You Seek A Falcon starts their season 1-0.

Brady's Bunch vs DrewBreesMoonCheese

DrewBreesMoonCheese started out with an impressive lead on Sunday, buoyed by excellent performances from Davante Adams and Travis Kelce, but Tom Brady underperformed on the day compared to Brady Bunch's Justin Herbert. Going into MNF, this game could have gone either way. Brady's Bunch needed Jerry Jeudy and Javtone Williams to combine for approximately 25 points and they handled that task just fine, catapulting Brady's Bunch to their first win of the season.

Good luck in Week 2!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

JuJu only has 2 catches for 6 yards :argh:

ETA: 3 catches now :toot:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 16, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Recaps will come later this week, currently driving all the way through the wide part of Texas, holy gently caress this state is too big

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Despite Dalton Schultz putting up a big ol goose egg, I still have a coinflip going, all depends on how well Mike Evans, Lenny, and Bucs D do tonight and if they can outperform Allen Robinson and 49ers D.

Oh and if Josh Jacobs wants to run in two more TDs, that would be just swell.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

A second Jacobs TD has hit my team!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That second Evans TD helped me a ton :woop:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: Week 4 recaps :siren:

Champa Bay vs Lenny Wagon

Battle of the Bucs fans! At one point on Sunday, Champa Bay had only a 33.3 (repeating, of course) chance of victory, as Lenny Wagon lept out to a huge early lead, but the power of Mike Evans and Josh Jacobs was too much and Champa Bay rallied to a much needed W to even out to 2-2.

Brady's Bunch vs Derrick Rolled

Despite an incredibly elite performance from TJ Hockenson (Lions bitch!), too many of Brady's Bunch underperformed while Derrick Rolled rolled their way to their first win of the season, featuring standout performances from Deebo Samuel and the titular Derrick Henry.

Baker's Crap Dozen vs Jameis Me Yet?

Baker's Crap Dozen more like Baker's Good Dozen! Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill were powerful, combining for 56.9 points, whereas the only standout from Jameis Me Yet was a Houston Texan. Yikes. Baker's Crap Dozen advances to 3-1, Jameis Me Yet? falls to 1-3.

The New Guy vs If You Seek A Falcon

Mahomes Magic along with CMC and some Jamaal Williams (Lions bitch!) led If You Seek A Falcon out to a commanding lead and The New Guy had little hope of catching him with so many players underperforming expectations. The New Guy gets his first loss of the season, while If You Seek A Falcon soars to 3-1.

DrewBreesMoonCheese vs Brady's mouth kisses

The battle of Travis Kelce vs. Cooper Kupp basically worked out to a wash, but the real problem for DrewBreesMoonCheese was Amari Cooper, who only hauled in one measly catch for a whopping 9 yards. Brady's mouth kisses didn't have much explosive performance, but a solidly above average outing was more than enough to take care of business. Brady's mouth kisses rises to 3-1, while DrewBreesMoonCheese wanes to 1-3.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

Was Taylor out before the game?

He was ruled inactive on Wednesday according to the Yahoo notes.

Dalton Schultz put up a big goose egg for me last week and I still pulled out a W, you have a shot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Big Jesus posted:

Love to put up the second most points of the week and still get outscored by 50.

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ugh that stupid garbage time texans TD to pierce might gently caress me

AJ brown and Tua are really the ones who did me in tho

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

and it wasn't an injury or illness or something like that. but a tantrum lol

e: Another thing. Next season I want to propose a small change and raise the score level for rushing yards for RBs, WRs, and TEs. Full PPR is creating an imbalance where an incredible day of rushing like Damien Pierce had results in a lower than expected score. I'd like rushing yards to be appropriately rewarded, maybe they can be .125 or something like that just to give them a little boost.

Also higher scores are cool. Any thoughts on that? Is it even possible with Yahoo?

We can talk about the scoring system for next year, sure. Personally I don't have a problem with the current setup, but maybe if full point PPR is skewing things too much we could move it to half point PPR if enough people agree to that. I dunno if you can do like a 1.25x booster to rushing yards like you're talking about with Yahoo's setup, though.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Darren Waller is so frustrating. I want to drop him but it’s not like there’s a bountiful feast of competent TEs.

TE is a rough position this year. Either you have one of the few elite ones or it's a grab bag of mediocre.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Also it's hilarious that the team with Joe Mixon is getting totally stomped this week because they didn't manage their lineup.

It takes like 5 minutes once a week, people!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is the week where half of my players are on bye and I'm playing the best team in the league, so I didn't have high hopes for this week, but God drat am I being blown out.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Ease up, this isn't being blown out.

yet

Look, you've seen the win percentage, and hell we can see the projected points right there. I guess the real question is who's going to have what it takes to defeat you in the playoffs.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

God Bless Josh Jacobs for taking from under 10% chance to win to favored. I just need Miles Sanders to get under 17 points for the W.

ETA: Ah gently caress Sanders has 10 points already, this is gonna be rough.

ETA 2: welp fml

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 28, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's been nice to ride Josh Allen, Josh Jacobs, and Dalvin Cook to a bunch of Ws. I wish my WR situation was better, loving Mike Evans is being criminally underused this season, but even though I didn't claim a bye, I'm confirmed for a playoff spot so nothing to complain about over here.

Until week 1 of the playoffs and I get totally stomped because all my guys under perform :v:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

I think points is Yahoo's default tiebreaker.

Yup, points for is the tiebreaker so unless Play's team wildly underperforms and my guys all have killer days, Play will be claiming the second bye slot. You didn't need to warn The New Guy (an ironic name at this point)

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Waddle didn't get enough! I pulled out the W!

:woop:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

Hmmmm, also The New Guy is losing and I've got points on him. I think if I win, I am in and he is out?

I think if you win you're in, but The New Guy would also be in, Brady's mouth kisses would be out. At least if I'm reading the standings right.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Paul Proteus posted:

That said- at least I'm not in last place! Or is that decided via the playoffs, not record?

It's been handled inconsistently. I think we should do it by standings, the last place loser tag is meant to emphasize your suckitude over the whole season, not your bad luck in the final 2 weeks

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:siren: WILD CARD PLAYOFF PREVIEW :siren:

Champa Bay (3) vs DrewBreesMoonCheese (6)

Will Champa Bay's RB combo of Josh Jacobs and Dalvin Cook be strong enough to withstand DrewBreesMoonCheese's overwhelming trio of Justin Fields/Travis Kelce/Davante Adams? Will Mike Evans catch anything? And just how many picks will Josh Allen throw? Tune in to find out!

Baker's Crap Dozen (5) vs Brady's mouth kisses (4)

Will Baker's Crap Dozen WR power combo of Justin Jefferson and Tyreek Hill be able to overcome the might of the Eagles and their quarterback? Will Ja'Marr Chase pop off for a 50 point day? The answers will be discovered this weekend!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo I was so worried Carr was going to hit Adams for a long pass at the end there.

I think I barely pulled out the W thanks to that stupid rear end Patriots play preventing overtime

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Play posted:

This playoff game a race to the bottom lol. Who can gently caress up and disappoint less

Tua and Aaron Jones did not have great days. If Mike Evans and Bucs D can do well today, I got this.

ETA: Broncos D lol

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 25, 2022

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Welp. Evans has won you this one. Congrats mate.

Nothing's over till it's over. Looks like it's basically a coin flip at this point.

I need Josh Allen to save me.

ETA: Oh that late Jacobs TD helped a lot.

ETA 2: If Chase pops off, you still have a drat good shot at winning this game, Super Bowl is gonna rest on Monday Night Football!

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 2, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

...yeah

It's in Roger Goodell's hands now, I guess. :ohdear:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Worst comes to worst do we get their individual points next week and add to the total?

Links to this article - https://sports.yahoo.com/week-17-18-fantasy-football-status-updates-011003705.html

quote:

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CANCELLATION

If the game is declared final by the NFL and scored as is (meaning the score is finalized as 7-3), all fantasy points will remain as is.

If the game is canceled and stats are zeroed out by the NFL, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official record.

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CONTINUATION

If the game resumes (at any point in the future), scores will accrue as they normally would for Week 17 matchups. This will impact Week 17 results and Week 18 matchups may be impacted (as necessary).

Example: A manager who wins their Week 17 matchup may end up losing after we apply stat corrections following the completion of the Bills-Bengals game. That manager’s Week 18 matchup would then be a 3rd-place game rather than the championship game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I just logged in and uh, I win, apparently?

:confuoot: Apparently Yahoo has decided that the fantasy points at the time of game postponement will count for Week 17.

ETA: I think if the game ends up happening in Week 18 they will update the points then. So this maybe isn't a final locked in result.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 4, 2023

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Here's what Yahoo is doing:

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CANCELLATION

If the game is declared final by the NFL and scored as is (meaning the score is finalized as 7-3), all fantasy points will remain as is.

If the game is canceled and stats are zeroed out by the NFL, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official record.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

that may be a display issue on your end, it's still showing all the points those players got in the shortened game for me

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I'm just saying that's a lot of players and points to lose.

Sure, but also it's the consolation bracket so :shrug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yahoo has zero'd out all the points and declared that the final result for Week 17 since the NFL officially cancelled the game. So that's the end of the league. I know this last week had bizarre circumstances, but hopefully everyone had fun trying their chances with Lady Luck and will be back for next year!

So Blindsite gets $25 from the pool
Silly Burrito gets :10bux:
and good ol Joey Freshwater gets the loser av

I will send out the moneys and purchase the av early next week. Thanks for playing in TFF NFCS Dynasty League Year 5!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Okay, money has been dispersed and Joey Freshwater is the newest recipient of the TFF NFCS Dynasty Loser av. A fun and wild year, y'all, can't wait for Year 6!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

BlindSite posted:

I just feel bad for the winner who will always have an asterisk because they didn't really win.

:biglips:

For the record, even if we did the "add their Week 18 points" thing you wouldn't have made up the difference. :smug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

So..... any updates?

I'll set this up and I'll post a new thread for the new season later today with all the details and whatnot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Okay, new thread is up!

SIX YEARS OF SALTINESS