Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BlindSite posted:

I feel like fantasy in general is a lot more boom and bust at the moment than it has been in years past. I think a lot of it is the truncated pre-season where starters get rested so much. Any team with a new or patch worked offensive line has some RBs struggling, lots of close games mean a lot more passing and a lot less starters closing games out - and even the blow outs we're seeing WRs go huge and the RBs get that committee approach. I think things will even out a little by week four or five as that chemistry develops, but early days it's the established teams with cemented combinations that have shot out. Well and Reek but he's a monster.

My team is all bust and bust at the moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Woooooooo, got my first win! No more last place, time for second-to-last place

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My team suuuuuuuuucks

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I was down >60 pts before this game.

I'm jinxing it by posting about it of course.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol I lost on that replay that took back that Davante Adams catch

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I should probably do something about this, huh?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
My opponent missed that Zeke was out this week, and him being out directly led to my guy Tony Pollard having a big day.

Despite all that, my lovely team is still only 70% to win going into tonight's game.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

My best game of the year and still got blown out. I'm bad at this.

poo poo, you would have lost to half the league still. Lottttttt of offense this week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
No longer last place!

Just in time to play 1st place with 3 of my starters on bye.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Nov 1, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

TE is a rough position this year. Either you have one of the few elite ones or it's a grab bag of mediocre.

Somehow I wound up with Kelce and Ertz

I think this week is the first week I've ever played a TE in the flex (because my RBs are so weak I played Khalil Herbert today even though David Montgomery is back)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went through all the teams looking for a way to trade Zach Ertz for a RB better than Khalil Herbert, and I gotta say, you all disgust me. What are these teams? One of you has 3 TEs. Bizarre league we got here, just bizarre. One of you has exactly 2 RBs and like 8 WRs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Every one of my players is a precious snowflake.

Accept my trade bitch Darren Waller is cooked and you know it! You need Zach Ertz so bad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

gently caress you Justin Fields.

QB rushing yards should only count for half points. We need to change that next year.

My best waiver wire pickup this season for sure.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
11% chance for the funniest outcome of the season

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

So I trade for Ertz and he’s hurt. Cest la vie.

It's karma for giving me a worse RB than I initially asked for

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

I’ll swap ‘em back

Nah, my IR stash RB was a bust so I might actually need this Jets bum you gave me

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
F

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If only I'd played Joshua Palmer today :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

See, it wasn’t as bad as the predictions made it out to be. :D

Not even the biggest blowout of the week

I had a 30-pt wide receiver on the bench :( Coulda broken 200.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

This is gonna be a nail biter for me. Instant Keenan and Kelce touchdowns bode ill.

Going for my fifth consecutive win, which would be dope, but starting to feel like the well of luck has run dry

I'm also going for my 5th straight win, so it's a clash of hot teams.

You've already had some good luck as Justin Fields got hurt, and he has been carrying the gently caress out of my team these last few games with 30+ point performances.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
OK, going into the last week of regular season play, the final playoff spot is mainly up for grabs between me and whoever owns Baker's Crap Dozen.

I started the year going 1-6, including the biggest loss of the year -- over 90 pts to ... Baker's Crap Dozen.

They started the year 5-1 and I think led the league at one point?

They get to play the guy who hasn't set his lineup all year, except his bye weeks are over and none of the people he had in the last week he checked have started to suck or gotten hurt (TBD on Joe Mixon), so it might not be the advantage you'd think.

I get to play Derrick Rolled, who has had a disappointing year. Probably Kyler Murray's fault looking at his roster.

My team is hot, but I have jinxed myself by posting about it. Also, I believe we can both win and overtake one of the next teams above us.

Edit: Oh and Justin Fields is on the bye, so I have to play Tom Brady at QB.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, I'm counting out Touchdown Tom and betting it all on Geno Smith!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paul Proteus posted:

I'm sure I'll struggle this week. Who knows. I'm not sure Kyler has been my issue - really my 2nd through fourth picks all killed me - Kamara, Deebo, and Sutton have all been duds. My best picks came late in the rounds and free agency, but I wasn't able to get any consistency in play/huge boom weeks other than the one time Kamara scored a TD this season.

Continuing the Tale of 2 Seasons for our teams, here are the biggest blowouts of the season for the league:

#1:

#2:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Paul Proteus posted:

Not certain I've ever had three starters injured in the same week. Doesn't matter on my end but just insane luck. Just insane insult to injury.

More insanely bad luck for you, I was pretty sure to lose because of tonight's game, but my opponent's QB Kyler Murray got injured immediately and now I'm like 50-50 to win.

However, you're gonna win too and you've got 40 points on me, so I think you wind up with the last playoff spot because of points scored.

Hmmmm, also The New Guy is losing and I've got points on him. I think if I win, I am in and he is out?

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 13, 2022

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Looks like out of the 4 bubble teams vying for 3 spots, The New Guy loses

Crazy to have that many spots open the last weekend. Three 7-7 teams in the end

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

It's been handled inconsistently. I think we should do it by standings, the last place loser tag is meant to emphasize your suckitude over the whole season, not your bad luck in the final 2 weeks

I think last year we did it by standings not by playoffs because someone abandoned their team in like Week 2, so obviously he deserved the loser tag.

And this year, we have the same situation, so hey, there we go

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I've got another 10-team league that has, I think, a better playoff format.

Just 4 teams and two weeks per semi-final with 2 weeks for the final. In our league, we wouldn't have any teams getting in at 7-7 (like me) and we'd have less chance at fluke, one-week bullshit causing someone to get bounced.

The downside is it includes Week 18, where some teams might be sitting stars.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Coming down to the wire!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I blame Amare Cooper :argh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The consolation ladder semifinal with the guy who hasn't set his lineup since Week 2 was BY FAR the best game of the week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also isn't Lenny Wagon the abandoned team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

Nice addition to the OP. Unless I'm mistaken, no one shows up twice here in the top 1-2-3 of the last five years, parity!

Very NFC South of us

BlindSite posted:

I just feel bad for the winner who will always have an asterisk because they didn't really win.

:biglips:

This happened to me in my other league. Woo, I won ... by 14 pts and my opponent had 2 players get a game cancelled because a dude's heart stopped on the field.