Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao he missed it twice!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
our new head coach might be a gigantic dumbass lol

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
the most concerning part is that in the presser after the game he actually tried to justify the decision-making lmao

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Has an OC of a great QB being hired as a Head Coach worked out recently? It seems like every time the QB being insanely good covered for the OC being a moron.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it owns that so many coaches get paid exorbitant amounts of money to fail at a basic concept that a ten-year-old madden player understands

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Asproigerosis posted:

boy the new coach hires all looking criminally bad

Only 3 of the 10 first year head coaches lost week one

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I like my new coach

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
BIG mistake.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Asproigerosis posted:

boy the new coach hires all looking criminally bad

I think you forgot about "Architect of the SB Champ Rams Offense" Kevin O'Connell

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Only 3 of the 10 first year head coaches lost week one
Of course one of those was Doug Pederson losing to Carson Wentz. gently caress the Jaguars.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
McDaniel and Daboll looked good after one game. Helps that both made some gutsy calls that worked beautifully instead of whatever Hackett did.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FizFashizzle posted:

Lmao he missed it twice!?

yup both wide left from the left hashmark (right and right from the angle of the camera). The Seahawks called timeout right before the first snap.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How did Stingley look for the Texans?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

yup both wide left from the left hashmark (right and right from the angle of the camera). The Seahawks called timeout right before the first snap.

Aim at the right post! - Shannon Sharpe during Peytoncast

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

I like my new coach

Same.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol. lmao. analytics.
https://twitter.com/WerderEdESPN/status/1569528470392442881

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How did Stingley look for the Texans?
Ignore the grade but the other stuff is useful.

quote:

PICK NO. 3: HOUSTON TEXANS: CB DEREK STINGLEY JR. LSU
Principal opponent: Michael Pittman Jr.
Week 1 SNAPS: 92

It’s very hard to maintain good coverage stats over 92 overall snaps and 54 plays in coverage, so it’s not a huge surprise to see Stingley’s PFF grade settle around average. He showed on one pass breakup the kind of impact he can have, saving a touchdown in the process. Overall, Stingley gave up six catches for 81 yards while working largely against the Colts' best receiver.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Did somebody say "lol. lmao. analytics."?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I am very pleased with the massive amounts of chaos early in the season, both with the NFL and College.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

I am very pleased with the massive amounts of chaos early in the season, both with the NFL and College.

If only Sark wasn't an idiot.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is pretty amazing. Hackett got a chance to watch the dude miss and instead of taking his mulligan he doubled down?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

This is pretty amazing. Hackett got a chance to watch the dude miss and instead of taking his mulligan he doubled down?

At that point he had already burned the clock down to 15 seconds unnecessarily. It was fourth down, so they would need a first down and stop the clock. They had timeouts to do so, but it was still very risky.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

At that point he had already burned the clock down to 15 seconds unnecessarily. It was fourth down, so they would need a first down and stop the clock. They had timeouts to do so, but it was still very risky.
They still had two time outs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

My ninja edit made it through :smuggo:

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

In any normal scenario a couch would still try to run at least one more play to get closer, even on 4th down. It's just mind bogglingly stupid.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mr. Nice! posted:

My ninja edit made it through :smuggo:
aaaaag lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

He had two timeouts left lol

That he used when the Hawks were kneeling

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

In any normal scenario a couch would still try to run at least one more play to get closer, even on 4th down. It's just mind bogglingly stupid.

I too agree that household furniture would've made a better call than Hackett.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Considering the historical accuracy on kicks from 60+ yards, not even 64 how was FG 30%?

Edit:

Unless the system is considering the "What if the Geno fumbles the snap and keeps kicking it into the endzone to a safety while the PA blasts Yakety Sax?"

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
He had THREE timeouts when it was 4&5 with 1:13 on the running clock, then used his first timeout at 0:20. Stunning.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I am ready for the NFC South Saints/Bucs battle this weekend. Bring on Touchdown Tom.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Silly Burrito posted:

I am ready for the NFC South Saints/Bucs battle this weekend. Bring on Touchdown Tom.

Do not want.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I had to step away, what'd the broncos do?

In the time it took to call their first timeout they wasted roughly the equivalent of Mahomes marching the field to score a touchdown twice.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sure, he's a great quarterback, on the other hand

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Kalli posted:

Sure, he's a great quarterback, on the other hand

99% chance that was completed for a 15 yards though

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not the same play but he's pretty accurate with those flicks

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1569693619682160642

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

PFF

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jarad/status/1569357343242199040

vs DYAR:

1. Mahomes 291
2. Herbert 156
3. Wilson 138
4. Tannehill 128
5. Allen 110
6. Cousins 104
7. Mariota 98
8. Lamar 98
9. Hurts 76
10. Mills 73

Also a pretty funny 5 worst QB's:

29. Dak -63
30. Rodgers -63
31. Baker -70
32. Stafford -130
33. Burrow -147

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not that I watched much of the game until the very end but what exactly did I miss from Tannehill here?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kalli posted:

Also a pretty funny 5 worst QB's:

29. Dak -63
30. Rodgers -63
31. Baker -70
32. Stafford -130
33. Burrow -147

Of these I'd say Burrow is the most shocking. My post laughing at ranking Dak higher than Burrow is once again put under stress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Not that I watched much of the game until the very end but what exactly did I miss from Tannehill here?

This may surprise you, but I also have not watched the Titans - Giants game.

The writeup doesn't say much either, just

quote:

Tannehill had a weird game against New York—the more yards to go for a first down, the more likely he was to convert. With 5 yards or less to go, he picked up four first downs in 12 plays. With 6 to 10 yards to go, he had eight in 18; with 11 yards or more, he had two in four.

:shrug: