Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Lifehack : every day you eat campfire food is a day you don’t mess up your kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lifehack: every day you don't make donuts is a day you postpone your dreams and ambitions

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Admiralty Flag posted:

Lifehack: every day you don't make donuts is a day you postpone your dreams and ambitions

If you never actually release your product you never really fail. I'm also a fan of the Star Citizen thread and Chris Roberts has a similar approach, except he's raised $500M+ by saying he's going to make the best donuts game ever.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lobsterminator posted:

If you never actually release your product you never really fail. I'm also a fan of the Star Citizen thread and Chris Roberts has a similar approach, except he's raised $500M+ by saying he's going to make the best donuts game ever.

the free version of the thread limits you to pictures of rat turds and dilapidated sheds, if you want donut jpegs you need to pay up

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Just for the record I never said it was going to be fast or cheap or easy I just said I’m doing it and I’m bringing you all along to live vicariously through me as a kinetic hillbilly you’re welcome.

I’m sorry if progress is slow at times but I have to handle the rest of my life as if nobody else is going to because nobody else is going to.

When people ask me irl when I’m opening I ask if they want to chip in and so far three people were like how much? And I was like mind your business goofy.

Tailgate donuts are
Maybe kind of a dead end
But most times they’re good

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Rationale posted:

Gotta hold my money for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXLjQBp0D0

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I need holes

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

If there was ever a thread in desperate need of a mod challenge this would be it

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’ll settle for some back seat modding

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Rationale posted:

Tailgate donuts are
Maybe kind of a dead end
But most times they’re good

I have eaten
the donuts
that were in
the drying rack

and which
you were probably
saving
for selling

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so real

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Volmarias posted:

I have eaten
the donuts
that were in
the drying rack

and which
you were probably
saving
for selling

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so real

:five:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Just for the record I never said it was going to be fast or cheap or easy

Lol there are def multiple posts here of you saying how it will be super easy to do, plus you ridiculing everyone putting out the crazy idea of “write a business plan,” which infers you think it is easy to do as well.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Simple isn’t always easy

There’s the guy who carried a calf up the hill every day til it was a bull and then he went to town and kicked everyone’s rear end so hard he got famous.

He didn’t write asskicking plans he just worked on kicking rear end until it was time to kick rear end and then he kicked a bunch of rear end.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Rationale posted:

Simple isn’t always easy

There’s the guy who carried a calf up the hill every day til it was a bull and then he went to town and kicked everyone’s rear end so hard he got famous.

He didn’t write asskicking plans he just worked on kicking rear end until it was time to kick rear end and then he kicked a bunch of rear end.

But how is his calf carrying business? Is he doing well? Is there demand for it?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
He practiced every day, you say? He didn’t buy thousands of dollars of calf-carrying equipment, brag daily, and practice quarterly?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

oh I get it now.

marketing strategy === beat up all potential customers until they spend sufficient money in donut store.

OP really does love to retreat to claims of physical supremacy & boasting of the sorts of behavior that conforms to whatever the type of dude who has wrestling trophies on his wall considers to be "bad rear end."

I really don't think such stuff is really as transferable skill set as OP tends to believe it is. But by all means, he should continue to plan to kick rear end on a retail store venture by bragging of the ability to go out and beat up the entire town.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Somehow translating that slap video into a donut shop marketing plan.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Rationale posted:

Simple isn’t always easy

Tell ‘em

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Rationale posted:

Simple isn’t always easy

His name was Milo of Kroton.

He was a professional athlete, competing in the Olympic games, among other contests of strength and skill. Carrying the calf was his plan to get better at his business, being an athlete, by building his strength. You could almost say it was his...plan of business.

And of course to be a several-time winner at the Olympic Games you had to do more than be strong. You had to know how to wrestle, for example. No amount of carrying a calf on your back's gonna teach you that. It's almost like any endeavor requires knowledge of and repeated practice in multiple aspects of something.

Anyway, I'm missing the point. What's the calf you're carrying? Posting about making donuts? How's that preparing you for the "time to kick rear end" so you can then "kick a bunch of rear end?"

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The donut shoppe equivalent of those assholes who post endlessly online about all the stories they're totally going to write one day

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Is it really so wrong to crave some parasocial internetting on my work breaks?

SmuglyDismissed
Nov 27, 2007
IGNORE ME!!!

Admiralty Flag posted:

His name was Milo of Kroton.

He was a professional athlete, competing in the Olympic games, among other contests of strength and skill. Carrying the calf was his plan to get better at his business, being an athlete, by building his strength. You could almost say it was his...plan of business.

And of course to be a several-time winner at the Olympic Games you had to do more than be strong. You had to know how to wrestle, for example. No amount of carrying a calf on your back's gonna teach you that. It's almost like any endeavor requires knowledge of and repeated practice in multiple aspects of something.

Anyway, I'm missing the point. What's the calf you're carrying? Posting about making donuts? How's that preparing you for the "time to kick rear end" so you can then "kick a bunch of rear end?"

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_of_Croton#Death

quote:

Legend has it that such feats were his eventual undoing. His final test of strength came when he was traveling the countryside and met a villager trying to split a stump with hammer and wedges. Milo excitedly asked the man if he could attempt to split the wood with his strength, not using any tools at all. The villager, honored by Milo's offer, went off to fetch food while Milo worked. Milo immediately tried to pull the stump apart by inserting his fingers in the crack where the villager had driven the wedges. As he pulled the stump open, the wedges fell out, trapping Milo's fingers. Without the wedges there to hold the crack open, when Milo tried, he could not free his fingers from the stump. There he waited for the villager to return with food. Legend then says that Milo met his end when wolves, or a lion, took advantage of his predicament and descended upon him.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rationale posted:

You're getting that. Everyone is giving you good advice for free, despite the fact that you're some random businessdilapidated building owner in Ohio.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rationale posted:

I’d like you better if you brought snacks

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Business, Finance, and Careers › I will not make donuts and coffee

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Not this weekend I’m having a little vaycay eat it nerds

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I'd say the "eat it nerds" bit is becoming as stale as your donuts, but there are no donuts, so please stop partaking in additional antagonism of your readership

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
If you’re tired of hearing it so much just imagine saying it all the time

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Rationale posted:

Simple isn’t always easy

Fair enough. So you'll be making donuts every day?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

I'm going to eat delicious ube donuts at a little store in my neighborhood because the owners actually figured out how to make money selling donuts and coffee

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

The X-man cometh posted:

I'm going to eat delicious ube donuts at a little store in my neighborhood because the owners actually figured out how to make money selling donuts and coffee

Sounds like nerd poo poo

They shoulda just bought equipment

That’s the genius move

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Do you think they do all the shaping by hand and fry in a lodge 17” outside?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

The X-man cometh posted:

what's the link to their sa thread pls

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

The X-man cometh posted:

Instagram food. Follower chump. Here maybe you’ll enjoy this too

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Rationale posted:

If attention is bad why does it feel good?

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I love it here what are you talking about

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

none of this was real. the ferris wheel is a metaphor.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Even as a troll I'm bored. Unbookmarked.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Uh oh looks like you're gonna have to buy one of these trailers next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

hallo spacedog posted:

Uh oh looks like you're gonna have to buy one of these trailers next

No that’s for suckers. He’s gonna buy the school bus and cut it in half.