Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Obvious troll, gas thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The thing about second locations needed to come after a hilarious shot of some terrible and sad looking donuts imo to preserve the flow

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Lol now there are the lovely donut photos I was expecting, thread delivering today

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

What the gently caress is a Starbucks machine

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I think it's weird you are trying to buy 4 espresso machines? Why would you need that many? I worked in one of the highest volume Starbucks in my area back in 2010 with a metric fuckton of foot traffic as we were right across from a university and we only had two

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Rationale posted:

A business plan is a sort of bougie prayer to ensure that someone’s labor is exploited

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this site and I'm a terrible baby brained white noise idiot so congrats I guess

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

This is the sad part, people don't want you to fail! People won't be "mad" if you succeed "incorrectly". No one wants you to fail!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What the actual gently caress have I just read?

Some kind of weirdo midlife crisis in action

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Rudager posted:

Why doesn’t every business just do this instead of the owners going bankrupt?

Bing bong so simple

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

artisan donuts

This is offensive to artisans

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I love donuts and this thread is making me sad

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Sundae posted:

This thread is mostly fun IMO but getting boring without INTERIOR SHOTS OF THE SHOP, RATIONALE YOU JERK.

:colbert: Blood for the bizgoons.

There is no shop, hth

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

hallo spacedog posted:

Obvious troll, gas thread

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I got the tude now posted:

Incredible thread pacing

No it's not good at all this poo poo is all out of order

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Don't worry he will just plan to sell twice as many each day, so simple

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Dee's 'Nuts

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Don't 'Nuts

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

My husband worked in a shop doing brazing for a concept that I think is similar to what you are talking about re the plumbing idea and that place was making money hand over fist. It's a way better idea then loving donut murder shack

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

LanceHunter posted:

While I was visiting my grandmother for Christmas, I ended up getting donuts from a little hole-in-the-wall place near her house.

Congrats, you've put more effort and thought into this than op

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

An ominous donut doughnut shack murder brings the FBI to town when they find clues that it may be the work of a donut doughnut themed serial killer

Twin Peaks but it IS about the donuts doughnuts this time

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

:perfect:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

pmchem posted:

I got some donuts from Dunkin' today. solid but unspectacular, as always. I'm a fan of their sour cream donuts in particular. also tried the turkey sausage english muffin: mediocre.

anyway, thread, figured you all may want to know that baddog and I have posted updated rules for BFC. have a look:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4021411

I went through a Dunkin Donuts thing when I was pregnant and yeah their sour cream ones are the best offering imo

The other thing about Dunkin is there will be some franchises that make way better donuts than others, try to find the ones with the busiest drive through business and their product is usually fresher and also possibly better

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Baddog posted:

I was so excited when DD got out here to colorado. But even the sour cream tastes like frozen rear end. It's good to hear that (in Boston I suppose), some places are still fresh and not week-old frozen.

Yeah I think you're gonna need to come out to places where people's blood is literally partly Dunkin coffee to get a decent donut from them, and even within my town there are some locations that just suck rear end and some that are better.

That said your local independent cash only mom and pop is probably better

Edit- per the app there are 24 locations in 5 mile radius from my house

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Jan 8, 2023

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Epitope posted:

If he can get a functioning donut building for 100k that he doesn't have to borrow, that seems pretty good?

In bumfuck Ohio

So he can make vegan donuts

Yep sounds good to me

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I'm not a guy but ok :dumbbravo:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Telling someone their business idea is stupid as gently caress and getting stupider by the day is definitely the action of a snob

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Excited to see the ones you make, so sure they will look exactly like the glamour shots of professional donuts you shared and not like complete dogshit

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Rationale posted:

You’re right I’m not capable time to give up.

The first reasonable thing you've said in this thread

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

pmchem posted:

eh, by his prior posts isn't his wife supposed to be like 8 months pregnant right now? i think we can cut him some slack for, say, the next 2 years

Ah yes the perfect time to start a high risk business venture

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Every time I drive past the shithole hotel furniture liquidators on my road I think of you op
They had a giant snowman outside this week you better snatch that up before someone else gets it

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Not out of any belief that vegan donuts can be tasty mind you, simply not to pay for dairy products

This is a wonderful idea because

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

If there was ever a thread in desperate need of a mod challenge this would be it

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

The donut shoppe equivalent of those assholes who post endlessly online about all the stories they're totally going to write one day

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Uh oh looks like you're gonna have to buy one of these trailers next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

My ex was like this - he scavenged all kinds of crap for his "business" which never really took off or existed in a meaningful way and was primarily a vehicle for his actions to appear totally unimpeachable to everyone even when they hurt me or our relationship. How dare I complain about the 4 server racks he had in the master bedroom closet, don't I know he is trying to make a better life for us, and in fact while he's at it now the master bedroom is full of other computer equipment and we have to jam our bed into the small bedroom, and how dare I complain that I'm paying for two packed storage units full of stuff for this business that will totally take off so he can totally spend time with me any day now.

Like I said, my ex.