Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Donut shops are excellent for money laundering, tho

But is that technically making money in donuts and coffee, as posited by the original question?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

lobster shirt posted:

i know the OP says that the commercial building was defunct, but do you know why whatever the last business was in that building failed? this might be good information to know to avoid making similar mistakes, whatever those might have been.

Maybe it was the coffee shop from the last time a goon tried this.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Boba Pearl posted:

The entirety of your legacy will be when goons talk about failures, you'lls will get a sentence or two mentioned in passing as a cautionary tale of how stupid goons are, and how easily they all manage to gently caress up.

The one cool outcome to this would be if they fail so spectacularly that they get a shorthand moniker that everyone instantly recognizes without context, like the zipline goon or hotdog man. I don't think there's been a donut guy we can all name to instantly laugh at yet.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Residency Evil posted:

Ok with pictures I'm back in on this thread.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Just think about how tired and burnt out the Time To Make The Donuts guy was if you have any doubts

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Wow. Just because they shamble around endlessly wishing they had brains, that doesn't mean Ohioans aren't people too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Man, OP's been so busy making donuts that haven't even had time to update us

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Powerful Katrinka posted:

If you're serious, I'll do an effort post about making donuts when I have some time later. If anyone wants to know what the job is, anyway

I'd read it too, please link if you post it somewhere else

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Just goldmine it now forget whatever the hell the OP is doing

Not until we see donut attempts

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

sticksy posted:

Can we use this thread to talk about what sort of shops or businesses we would start with the gift of a free building and a TBI

A little breakfast sandwich shop, contract out for donuts and bagels but cook up all the eggs and meats fresh. Mostly because breakfast sandwiches rule, not because I want to stand in front of a hot griddle every day being stressed out as I pour money in to feed the flames.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I will only be angry if I don't see evidence of at least one donut

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Mostly this thread makes me angry because it keeps making me hungry for donuts, but the small local donut shop closed and I'm not about to debase myself by getting one from the grocery store.
With that in mind, I can point anyone who wants to move to a new location and sink money into an ill-advised venture towards an empty business location that still has a big donut logo on the front of the building

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Thank you for finally giving us some of the donut content I've been craving, OP :patriot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I wanna believe in you OP, but you scare me every time you start mentioning things like second locations and food trucks while being like 0.5% of the way to a first successful e: functioning location

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Oct 31, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Upgrade posted:

Congrats dude your horde of garbage has grown

Won't you feel silly when that....countertop meat slicer...pays off??

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Tnuctip posted:

They’re good, only cake but that’s ok because yeast donuts aren’t as tasty

:mods:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Rationale posted:

Gonna make goatse donuts next time I fry

Please name your shop The Donut Hole, and brand accordingly

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Well, time to sell off the property and invest in a hotdog cart I guess.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

I got the tude now posted:

You should try math

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Elephanthead posted:

Also does anyone younger then 50 buy donuts?

Whoa there, let's not get all crazy now!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Worst opinion I've heard from someone named Adolf in years

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Those donuts look fine, they just look like your typical homemade donuts which won't win a beauty contest but are perfectly fine. So, thanks for making me hungry for fresh donuts at 8PM on a Saturday night :arghfist:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Please don't hire somebody to ask me how my experience is going as I wait in line, OP

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Portland has an amazing food scene but when I tried Voodoo it felt a like a tourist trap. Adding cayenne pepper or Cap’n Crunch to donuts with no concern for taste only for novelty. Dunno if it’s gotten better as that was like 5 years ago but not a recommend.

That's what I was gonna say. I went there when I was in Portland for a conference and it seemed like the kind of place the locals would never go. Like, I'll just go somewhere with a regular Boston cream any day over that.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Starblech's

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'd rather go through caffeine withdrawal than touch instant coffee.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Sure, people drink instant coffee. People also yell at their pets and steal money from old folks. Let's not jump to too many conclusions about what's good based on things people do

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Leperflesh posted:

If you plan to open at 5 am (why?) you will need to be there a lot earlier than 4:30 to make all the donuts, right?

What did you think the kids were gonna be doing?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Show me a cake donut that's been injected with delicious pudding, and maybe I'll give em a chance.