Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Where is the drive thru

Where is the

Is this paved

It’s not paved

Where would they drive thru!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m going to buy instant coffee and Entemann’s powdered donuts instead.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Truly wild that a guy who’s eagerly crushing his extremely lucrative job wants to pivot into a business with a million pitfalls and stupidly thin margins. Goon in the well donut hole.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

Chopsticks are three cents would people appreciate their donut holes being served in a coffee cup with chopsticks to keep their fingers clean or do I have that dawg in me (autism)

You should make some donut holes first

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

You’re being sort of rude but you have a good point like maybe focus less on building the most efficient and effective bakery in the land and focus more on opening it and making money. Making doughnuts by hand might even be a more effective means of buying the rounder than what I’m doing now.

But imagine cutting 18 pounds of dough into 144 2oz balls and trying to keep them within variance and roll them for the proofer without dripping sweat and then imagine running one of those machines four times for less than a minute.

So if you’re aiming for an efficient and effective bakery what is the list of ideal minimum equipment you would use for this? It isn’t efficient to have all of it and you don’t have infinite space or labor to run it all.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

if they’re selling it on purpose I’ve got to be picky.

Lmao

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If this thread has taught me anything it’s that once people find something they crave, they’ll waste absolutely no time and do everything to get it as soon and as effectively as possible.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

If the places you’re all from were any better than Ohio they’d have turned out better people

E: your town isn’t good enough to deserve some nice treats

I am from a very tiny rust belt town that has had so many small cafes and restaurants close in it over the years, not everyone here is your idea of a coastal elite snob boogeyman.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

who knows what did them in.

Such a shame there’s no way to possibly learn from this

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Democratic Pirate posted:

New thread title suggestion: Will I make money in donuts and coffee

Lmao

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Pictured: not Rationale

Great, now he's going to spend three thousand dollars on a dozen second hand weird dough funnels.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This is a great idea but what exactly are all 10-12 more customers going to buy?

Wait, what donuts?

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

pictures of the one hundred and forty doors please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Rationale posted:

Just turn your head

He’s got a good point here.