Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The X-man cometh posted:

Post pictures of your next batch. I'm rooting for you, but show us where you're at.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Rationale posted:

Real life people are like “oh my god that’s awesome when will it open do you think?”

Well yeah, no poo poo. Having the option to grab a donut and a coffee is great for them. Everybody has a hankering for a donut now and then, and a place that they can go enjoy a quality donut once or twice a month is a fantastic deal for them, but that doesn't mean they will keep you afloat.

I'm still rooting for you though :toot:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

sleepy gary posted:

OP why are you not making any money in the evening? Get some pizza ovens and sandwich prep tables. At 2pm your donut shop becomes a pizzeria and your profit doubles.

Also, if you do bagels in addition to donuts then you can sell pizza anytime

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

Come to think of it I don’t think he’s made coffee yet

Op do you know how to make coffee?

He hasn't bought five figures worth of used coffee equipment yet, so of course not :colbert:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

litany of gulps posted:

What do the numbers look like on converting the run-down murder-shack to a meth or moonshine operation? The initial investment has to be way, way smaller, as the building is perfect as-is. No work required! Can any of the already purchased used donut equipment be repurposed? I think the profit margins are way higher with meth than donuts. Not sure about moonshine, that seems like a tougher business. Still (get it, still?), it has to be better than donuts. Don't need any employees when you're getting started up. If the business isn't doing well, you've got a coping mechanism right there. I guess that's true with donuts, too, though.

Think bigger. Why limit yourself to just one revenue stream? Donuts AND coffee AND meth AND moonshine. That's how you take down Dunkin.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
To paraphrase Edison, you have not failed, you have just successfully invented a way to gently caress up frying dough.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bloody posted:

An extremely successful long-standing donut shop in town here has probably fewer than six parking spots so idk you sound a bit over your skis here

there are drive thru only places with zero parking spots that seem to do ok :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

lobsterminator posted:

If you never actually release your product you never really fail. I'm also a fan of the Star Citizen thread and Chris Roberts has a similar approach, except he's raised $500M+ by saying he's going to make the best donuts game ever.

the free version of the thread limits you to pictures of rat turds and dilapidated sheds, if you want donut jpegs you need to pay up