Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Krispy Kreme are good for the first 10 minutes after coming out of the machine. After that they're crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Tnuctip posted:

Coming up on 5 months and OP hasn’t even sold a single donut. At this rate he’ll be selling 0’s of donuts a year.

He hasn't lost his life savings yet, he's more successful than most goon businesses.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
What happened to the 480 donut/hr machine?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Post pictures of your next batch. I'm rooting for you, but show us where you're at.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
If you keep buying poo poo it won't all fit in your building

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Who made those?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Please just post pictures of your own donuts.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Volmarias posted:

Ask for a donut

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

I think this weekend I’ll try medu vada and then some box cake mix

I don’t have high hopes for either one but I’m posting for a roasting either way

WTF is a medhu vada? Will small - town Ohioans spend $5 every day on medhu and a coffee?

Just make a regular donut.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

It might please you to know that the fritters came out like poo poo

Didn’t soak long enough, batter too thick, dropper wasn’t working so I did them by hand and they were too big, took on too much oil, generally hosed in every conceivable fashion, pics to come the day is young

Bullshit. You're going to post someone else's decent looking donut as a humblebrag

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

SyNack Sassimov posted:

Sorry why aren't you making this a combination donuttery / shooting range again?

Seems about as good as the rest of the half-baked fried ideas

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Here they are in the compost bin. Hope the worms forgive me!

What did they taste like? Did you at least get the flavors right?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Is that slower or faster than before?

Are old people going to stop in and buy your weird looking donuts?

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Talking to neighbor lady about buying her front yard or maybe entire house to have more parking lot

I am not a "business expert" but maybe you should open your business and see long customers stay in the store before you expand the loving non-existent parking lot.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Flea market donut lady was $2.50 for classic and $3 for filled and there was a line

The dough tasted like the white bread at an Amish restaurant and the rings were huge and irregular

The filling was done by hand which worked fabulously because they used cherry pie filling with whole cherries and all the other fillings were similarly textured

And there was a chewy layer most of the dough was fluffy and tender but right at the outside it had enough snap for contrast and structure

Overall 10/10 very very good

You should hire her to make donuts with all of your equipment. She's probably churning out these very good donuts in her kitchen with a 1 gallon fryer.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
OP is living the life of an eccentric millionaire but never bothered to make his millions first

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
A mobile coffee and donut bus that goes to worksites in the morning is actually a good idea that could make money if run by an experienced donut maker.

OP will fill it with junk and try to feed construction workers hosed-up looking Indian lentil donuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Rationale posted:

Not this weekend I’m having a little vaycay eat it nerds

I'm going to eat delicious ube donuts at a little store in my neighborhood because the owners actually figured out how to make money selling donuts and coffee