Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
You def need to post updates so we can follow this.

I think it’s a very bad idea given you don’t have a business plan and don’t seem interested in ironing one out, plus no food experience.

I do hope it goes well for you, just feels like the odds are def not good. But hey, at least it’ll be an adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

well i'm convinced

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

I for-real love the vibe in here I’m posting about this til it’s over.

gently caress yeah.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Anne Whateley posted:

That's the part that drives me nuts. I would understand deciding to open a shop based on cold business calculations, and I would understand wanting to own a shop because you just love making donuts and pastries so much and have dialed them in so perfectly and want to share them with people. Having neither but just running on "idk why not" is just baffling to me.

Yolo. The answer, is yolo.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

My plan is to do lots of business lol

See, right to the point. Bing bong so simple.

You could probably franchise within a year at this rate.

Boba Pearl posted:

Do not open a donut shop.

e: And shame on you all for even remotely encouraging this.

On a real note, I put in my post saying this was a bad idea without any type of business plan and it’s fairly obvious.

OP is clearly determined to move ahead regardless (unless it’s a well done troll), and isn’t going to listen to actual input , so gently caress it.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 17, 2022

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Donut shops are excellent for money laundering, tho

See, now this is the type of ideas we need here.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sundae posted:

These threads are so, so predictable every time, troll-OP or not.

God bless, DonutZaurg. Let no advice steer you away from this amazing content following your donutdream.

Yeah, I’m def still not sure if this is a troll or not, but gently caress it it’s pretty funny either way.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

Not only are you going to fail, but your failure will be the first thing future employers learn about you if they google you. You will have to explain the gap in your employment history as "Couldn't run a business." The entirety of your legacy will be when goons talk about failures, you'lls will get a sentence or two mentioned in passing as a cautionary tale of how stupid goons are, and how easily they all manage to gently caress up.

What a buzz kill.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have no math and I must cream

:drat:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Someone post about coffee too I’ve been neglecting it in my mind

Coffee. It’s good OP.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

I’m gonna be rich eat my rear end

See. OP knows what the end game is, it’s all good !

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Powerful Katrinka posted:

I'm curious where the confidence comes from

Rationale posted:

Maybe I’m not the baddest man alive but I been fuckin his old lady and he knows about it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I don't understand why you're so against making a business plan like an adult who wants to succeed, and why you're so determined to Feed Off This poo poo instead

Good chance it’s a troll.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

How are you planning to handle point of sale payment processing and accounting?

Easy. You tell people what it costs , and then you take payment. What’s there to worry about ?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tnuctip posted:

Assuming you’re not trolling

Let me stop you right here.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sirotan posted:

My dude, learn to embed images. Wrap the direct url to the imgur links in [timg][/timg]. If you're using the app it'll do it for you.

Lol

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

So you DID combine yeast with self-rising flour. Lol that you hosed up so badly that you can't even admit it. If you're for real, you're unbelievable

Good news, OP is a troll and not believable.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

I don’t really have the time so I’m just gonna dick around till I get it thanks anyway tho

Normal poo poo normal people starting “businesses” say.

Please post pictures when you open Grover Donuts , preferably sooner rather than later since you won’t last long (you won’t last at all since this is obviously a troll).

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Did you have to quit baking because all your cakes tasted like quickbread

Aren’t you a plumber or some other trades man ?

Nothing wrong with trades, but lol if you think that makes you qualified to talk poo poo like this.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Talk poo poo like what? I’m being lovely because I’m being treated lovely.

And yeah I’m pipe trades drat zinger you got me. Who is job shaming anybody?

I’m on like my hundredth donut and pk is giving me a bunch of poo poo and so I am making GBS threads back wtf

Well, as stated nothing wrong with the trades.

Nothing wrong with being a plumber and wanting to do something you desire that’s different , like I guess having a donut shop.

A lot wrong with being super arrogant, not planning anything and refusing to plan when entering said industry that is completely different than what you have years of experience in.

This thread is Zaurg wants to run a business , OP does not have a foothold in reality , is cocky, likes the attention his trolling gets.

Not sure if we are in taze your balls territory (probably not yet), but I could see it coming.

I guess since this is about donuts it would more be like glaze your balls, but I digress.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I got the tude now posted:

I think rationale is trying to be entertaining and I’m here for it

Well yeah, this is a troll thread.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lobsterminator posted:

Would a troll respond to valid criticism by showing his wrestling belts? I doubt it.

:hmmyes:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

Given that this thread, to date, is more of a business mockumentary thread than an actual business thread, there will be some leeway on donut-related content. But certainly nothing official about it.

To all readers: the thread has already frustrated some posters who were trying to make earnest and serious-minded business recommendations. Business, finance, and career related content is desired, encouraged, and in fact necessary for this thread to continue here on a longer time horizon. But, please read this thread with your eyes open and realize the only reason it still exists here is because a large part of the community finds it entertaining.

In the meantime, play nice, and use the 'report' button when appropriate. Thanks.

Seriously any poster frustrated that there is a lack of “serious business related content” after reading the first 5 pages of this thread should be given a sixer to think about it for a minute. It’s obvious that it’s either a troll, or if not a troll OP is def not going to actually listen to any real advice.

It’s like someone on page 100 of the Zaurg thread wondering why the moron wouldn’t just listen to the great advice people posted. Some people just can’t be helped out of the well, so all you can do is piss in it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
OP has a secret goal of making restaurant impossible in 2 years.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Where are you getting these numbers from?

Lol

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Why would I want to spend my time putting out cheap slop?

Whatever you do every day I’m sure you’re at least aiming to do a nice job of it.

I’d like to get it where people are like “oh -you- do the donuts? How do you make them so good?” “Where’d you get this coffee?” “Would you be interested in giving a Ted talk?”

Followed by “oh you went out of business?“ and “yeah I guess there was no way to plan for traffic patterns or cash flow in advance.”

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Sweet pea is what we call the babies when we haven’t settled on a name

I mean, given that you also haven’t settled on any type of business plan whatsoever this does then work for the donut shop.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

the yeti posted:

Did y’all determine if OP is doing a bit I don’t wanna read 30 pages

Probably a troll and it’s been a bit boring recently , but overall gotta give it , funny either way.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sundae posted:

My only real positive thing to say about DD is that my friends in HS worked at one, and when we were chilling at someone's house on a Saturday night, they'd both show up from worth with a (usually a little stale) dozen each b/c they were allowed back then to take them home instead of trashing the extras. They also smelled strongly of old coffee & frying grease basically 24/7, so even that positive had its downsides.

Actually, second positive: DD is better than Krispy Kreme. I said it, you can fight me all you like. KK is trash. :colbert:

I will fight you on this , KK doughnuts are so juicy better than Dunkin’s. Like. It isn’t close.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The X-man cometh posted:

Krispy Kreme are good for the first 10 minutes after coming out of the machine. After that they're crap.

I absolutely agree they’re way better hot, but they heat up fine in the microwave IMO.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
2 out of 7 apartments ? Do you have a bunch of rental properties ?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

So when OP?

OP was a troll, the doughnut shop never was gonna happen, and now the magic is over and it’s boring.

At least we will always have that photo of wresting medals.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tarnop posted:

I'm genuinely glad this is still happening OP

Lol if you think this is happening.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

(Cake donuts are the ones made from cake-like batter and don't have yeast. I also recommend memorizing the difference between yeast dough and cake batter.)

Lol

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

4 am I roll in tune up start making doughnuts fast as gently caress

530 someone with charisma opens the front of the store and starts prepping drink stuff

6 we’re staffed up for the rush and hopefully there is one

10 the rush is over you you and you can go I’m making dough/glaze/filling for tomorrow

2pm the closers come in to handle afternoon commute and a bunch of restock/empty tasks, inventory or whatever until it’s over

Pos tracks what sells and when to inform my future moves but I bet working 7/10 I can make the volume of doughnuts I’d need to make money. I don’t know about selling them but making looks doable

I’m sure your staff will never have issue with calling out , being sick , not showing up , etc.

The fact that you refuse to plan is hilarious , keep on just winging it surely it’ll work out.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Democratic Pirate posted:

New thread title suggestion: Will I make money in donuts and coffee

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Snowy posted:

I just found this thread and it’s a little confusing, but hell, bookmarked

There’s funny content Just don’t expect anything to actually happen.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Tonya Harding called she says you’re bein weird

The irony is that Tonya Harding has more food accomplishments than you do she won celebrity worst cooks in America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rationale posted:

Just for the record I never said it was going to be fast or cheap or easy

Lol there are def multiple posts here of you saying how it will be super easy to do, plus you ridiculing everyone putting out the crazy idea of “write a business plan,” which infers you think it is easy to do as well.