Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
I've worked at a Dunkin for most of a decade, and I advise you in the strongest possible terms not to do this. Being the baker destroys your ability to have a normal personal life because of how early your day needs to start. Does your wife work normal hours? How about your friends? You'll be going to bed when they get home. Heaven help you if there are kids in the picture. Retail / food service management is also notorious for consuming your personal life. If there's a problem at the location, the ultimate responsibility is on you to resolve it. Sometimes it means staying late to solve a problem that nobody else is equipped to deal with. Sometimes it means getting constant phone calls when you're trying to go to bed because a question came up that only you can answer. Sometimes it just means working a 14 hour shift because someone called out and your couldn't get anyone else to come in. Attempting to combine both of these responsibilities is going to mean that your donut shop, even if it's a financial success, will absolutely dominate your existence and cost you things that money can't buy.

Sometimes times are tough and people do what they have to do, but you are not in that position. You were already financially stable and received a huge windfall out of the blue. Use it to make your life easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU