Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Has op literally ever baked a donut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

If you want to actually succeed in this space just franchise a dunkin

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Four people and none of them are making donuts? That's 2-3 too many lmao

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rationale posted:

I want to make good coffee and amazing donuts.

Have you, at home, produced donuts that people have considered amazing? Is donut frying a passion of yours? Do your friends eat your donuts and say "you should open a donut shop?"

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rationale posted:

I just bought a Univex srm 40 for $1630 so you can’t tell me poo poo!

Post a pic of it

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Let's see a username and date pic on the mixer

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Selling five hundred espresso drinks a day and dollar glazed donuts exclusively to the people that live slightly closer to your location than anything else in a town where median household income is 40k idk man do you really think half the town is gonna be coming by every single day idk I don’t think you’re gonna end up rich is all

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

drat the school from the op has already lost two thirds of its students now instead of needing half of the student body to buy an espresso drink every day he needs them all to buy at least one a day

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Fortunately with one car every fifteen seconds driving by he just needs a quarter of them to stop for coffee in an eight hour day to serve five hundred beverages. This seems reasonable

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Adolf Glitter posted:

the exclamation mark kind of implies that they are surprised it passed

Ran when parked!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i have done better forecasting and estimates in 30 seconds of shitposting than you've demonstrated in the entire thread so, idk, maybe start on the back of a napkin

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rationale posted:

I’m working 7pm to 7am 7 days lately. The shop is a mile from home. If I could dip out to have lunch with my kids I’d be seeing them much much more than i have been.

are you okay with moving from 432 gross per day to 1k gross per week

why are you betting you'll sell 600 donuts per day, what is that based on? you've already laid out that vehicle traffic in the area is paltry

why do your made up numbers change every post

Bloody fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 2, 2022

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Keep Portland weird, says a guy who moved there from San Francisco eighteen months ago,

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

brueggers used to do a bottomless mug club, it was idk $300 a year for unlimited coffee. pretty nice.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Op if you have a warehouse and want to make money the correct answer is self storage units.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Cool non vegetarian plain donuts

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Don’t got time to learn how to bake from a professional in real life just plenty of time to gently caress up donuts in your backyard for a year?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rationale posted:

Yeah I can gently caress up a batch of donuts in like two hours from getting up to sitting down. I’m working overtime and raising two young kids so working as a baker’s helper is basically out of the question. Later on down the line I’ll ask a few of my industry friends if they’d like to offer some insights into the process for a consultation fee, but I’m so green right now that’ll be a waste of time.

Did I say get a different job? No I said learn from a professional. There’s avenues other than ojt to learn from other people in real life.

btw congratulations on the high school sports participation medals they look nice

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

based on the appearance of the lot, in southern california there would likely be environmental permitting requirements at multiple levels to do the paving. especially if it's going to impinge on the trees behind the building. it's very likely to be less strict where you are, but you should definitely check your local regulations

This is rural Ohio or maybe Pennsylvania I don’t think they have regulations

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rationale posted:

Really it’ll be like .6 to .75 for a donut and 1 to 1.25 for a latte

With prices like that you’ll only need 35 customers an hour, every hour, eight hours a day, every day except Christmas, to gross 200k!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

SP donuts & brew

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Rural poverty Ohio is a hotbed of tourists looking for donuts at random highway exits it’s true

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

in order, a place in singapore: https://www.burpple.com/welovedelish
a recipe blog: https://bakingwithbutter.com/brioche-donuts/
an egg farm: https://www.peteandgerrys.com/egg-recipes/homemade-brioche-donuts
and another recipe blog: https://emilylaurae.com/blackberry-cream-brioche-doughnuts/

all look great though

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I just want some pictures of some god dang donuts, preferably made by the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

An extremely successful long-standing donut shop in town here has probably fewer than six parking spots so idk you sound a bit over your skis here