Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

Absolutely perishable so rather than selling old donuts and coffee one should donate them to the local charitable organizations at closing time and write it off

Yeah from the first page but this deserves :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

What should I do with overstock then smart guy?

Make the right amount of goods to sell? Maybe run discounts after 11am???

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

How come no one has suggested making donuts to order ala Duck Donuts? They’re good, only cake but that’s ok because yeast donuts aren’t as tasty.

Serious question though how come California has lovely donuts?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

What about increasing automation? If you could find some sweet used Fanucs or Kukas then you wouldn’t have to work as hard. Work smart not hard. Robot donuts would actually be a cool catch and help differentiate your shop. People might even go out of their way to be served donuts by a robot.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Robots all the way, especially used ones so they’re on the cheap. They’re just a bunch of wires and motors anyway ain’t no thing for a skilled tradesman or his buddies.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

CarForumPoster posted:

I'm assuming you know this but they make specialized donut machines that are hilariously cheaper than a used Kuka arm.

No idea of takt time or whatever of this but:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/314085643502

Yeah that’s the duck donuts model. Those are pretty good OP

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

All I know is that robot donuts are the future. Our union OP should own the means of production and buy used industrial robots to seed his donut empire.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Tried voodoo donuts at universal studios. Very not impressed.

OP what about selling cider mill donuts and cider in the fall? Those are kick rear end, and the only people that don’t like them are communists.

Or sell them all year long because they’re loving delicious.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

corgski posted:

Let's do that math together, you're saying that selling 480 donuts will net you $550 per day pure profit after materials, labor, insurance, accounting, utilities, etc which you can then use to cover the costs of a full renovation and all the durable goods needed just to get your business to the point where you can legally open your doors on day one.

Are you planning on charging $6 per donut?

Before taxes. Don’t forget that, I bet OP will. Like I’m not a “lawyer” or any fancy degree non journeyman card law guy, but I’m gonna stick my neck out there and will say that not paying taxes is “bad.”

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

zaurg posted:

Tasty, aren't I

Have you been saving $20 bills every paycheck?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

What if you had a food truck, but it was a drive up food truck? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about a building.

Like two sketchy cars driver window to driver window in a Walmart parking lot, but you’ll own the parking lot and there’s donuts.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Why are you waiting for a building or a food truck? Get some foldable tables, make some donuts, and sell them lemonade stand style THIS WEEK. Just do it, go, see if people start paying you money for donuts now.

Not a joke post!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

I’m low-key proud of my tailgate rig but I really need a proofing cabinet to make it sing.

. They’re getting better but they’re not good enough for money yet. the buttermilk recipe will only go so far.

Once I’m making consistently nice donuts with fuckin cream and fruit all over them I’ll switch over to a paid model. Sugar is more addictive than heroin. We’ll call it the business development phase when it’s not from an official kitchen so I can’t charge money.

Short term I’ll work on frying a bunch of donuts every weekend. I can do seven at a time so it shouldn’t kill me to make and disperse twenty dozen or so. You’re supposed to be real precious about the shortening so it makes sense to do big batches rather than hoping it’s still good in a week. Once they start looking good I’ll get branded boxes. Hopefully by the time people are asking for doughnuts I can make them two dozen at a time.

Assuming you’re not trolling, even if you are kudos very committed. Just sell the donuts. Now. Do it. Would you need a business permit and food safe certs? Ehh maybe? If you ethically made safe clean food, cops won’t bother you with a cutesy folding table in a parking lot. Give them a donut, and say you’re trying to break in to the donut biz. 100% truth. Either your donuts can make you cash now, or they never will.

Then post pics.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Sounds like a bunch of pussy rear end coasters, lard is a legit ingredient. If you sell
Them, so do it, now, get customer feedback and execute.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

DarkHorse posted:

Whoever said ask Krispy Kreme to give you a business plan analysis had the right idea

Plus anyone who said start off by offering your donuts as a food truck item

But I'm 99% sure you're just a troll at this point so I'm not sure why I'm posting in this thread

“I” said he should just get a folding table and set it up in the parking lot he already has access too. He doesn’t even knead the food truck. (Get it see what I did there)

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Upgrade posted:

That's really hosed up. Jesus christ. Can't believe what this forum has become. Is there anything any of us can do?

Oh teh noes!

Let’s see some more hot (burned) donut action shots!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

How is a thread about starting a “business” not BFC content? And By business I mean selling stuff without starting a business on paper, getting licenses, paying taxes, etc.

The donut drama must continue.

And also without the selling so far.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

This should be the name

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I think you should get a fivver business plan

All joking aside itd be more of a plan than exists now :shrug:

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Train by making donuts and selling them from a folding table on your building property. Trunk acceptable if it’s a station wagon.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Maybe the OP should just open a convenience store that sells instant coffee and pre made donuts?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I was more of a bob evans guy anyway, do they have used equipment?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you applied for a liquor license yet?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you tried getting a sandwich board that says “Donuts 4 Sail” and then selling them out of the pickup bed yet? Make some money, bootstrap your business up all the way to the top. Surely you could get one of those big gas station style coffee dispensers too, and sell that too!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

Yeah the next venture will probably be to hire 4-5 trades people and have them refurbish liquidated equipment, hot swap it into restaurants that are desperate to stay open, build and deliver prefab wet walls, fit out food trucks, lots of untapped value in the equipment auctions. I bet a restaurant would pay drat near msrp for used equipment that’s making food two hours after their poo poo broke down.

I wonder if they’d permit a butcher truck like instead of panicking the animals for a whole day before they’re cut up could the butcher just pop them one by one behind the milk house and pack them for freezing. The truck could have generators and hoists and poo poo all over to make it easy for the butcher(s). Then my garden could eat all those sweet nasty guts.

Takes money to make money and my job hardly pays. Betting on the bakery cafe to take me up a level so I can make even sillier moves.

Maybe you could ask restaurants what they’d be willing to pay for a massive inventory of equipment for emergency install. In a small market, without food safe certifying the equipment they’d be buying from you. I wouldn’t count on the Perkins for business though.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

OP have you sold any donuts yet? To strangers for money?

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Coming up on 5 months and OP hasn’t even sold a single donut. At this rate he’ll be selling 0’s of donuts a year.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

What about something crazy like selling donuts? OP you should get some donuts from Krispy Kreme for a fundraiser, except the fundraiser is your competing donut empire.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Rationale posted:

I’m sorry that you’ve got that vibe I’m rooting for you

E: I’m re-reading the thread and my favorite part so far is when I posted the first batch of tailgate donuts and everyone lined up to kick me in the junk and call me Tim Allen.

Sure doesn’t look like Ohio. loving Suspect

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I already know the answer, but OP have you sold any donuts you’ve made for USD? Also reselling donuts other people made for CAD or EUR would also be good things, but I assume the answer is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

hallo spacedog posted:

Uh oh looks like you're gonna have to buy one of these trailers next

No that’s for suckers. He’s gonna buy the school bus and cut it in half.