Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Rationale posted:

I can’t figure out what a business plan is business seems so silly to me I walked by a classroom one time and dude had PROFIT=REVENUE-COSTS on the board like it was some sort of wisdom. The long and short of my business plan is that the ingredients cost less than the product and the competition isn’t nearby. I own the building, I’ve built out a hundred kitchens, I don’t need a loan. Literally what is a business plan they sound made up.
Imagine you had none of the things you have for the business now, - except a desire to run a coffee&donut shop and you've scoped a location you want to rent - but you need a loan. Any bank that would give you a loan would need to evaluate your business idea and see how sound it is, you'd present the bank with your business plan.

Or to say it in another way: There's never been a restaurant that went bankrupt because the ingredients cost more than price of the meal, but most restaurants fail. A business plan is your strategy to avoid that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

There's obviously a lot of not very well thought-out stuff going on here, but on the other hand I have friends who opened a sports bar because they like sports and have friends who like sports and its still going a few years later (although they all make minimum wage from it). I hope this works out for you donut guy!