Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pentyne posted:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2005/12/my-coffeehouse-nightmare.html

All of this presumes simply paying the normal minimum wage, not whatever weird social program you are envisioning.

I enjoyed reading this. OP should reach out to the author: I'm sure either way it'll be an enjoyable article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Rationale posted:

I’m lead bidder on a 40 quart mixer.

As far as having a standout product: the distributor sells different grades of mix and the premium stuff tastes much nicer. I can also dress them up with captain crunch or whatever to make them a bit more distinctive.

Actual doughnuts are much newer to me but I know that the real profit margins are there. It costs a quarter to make a cake donut and like a dime to make a classic raised glazed. I also personally prefer yeast doughnuts and I’m more interested in mastering their craft.

I think $2 or $20/dz will make money on the donuts I gently caress around with so long as I gently caress around expeditiously.

I think $1 for a raised glazed won’t bankrupt me.

When do you think you're going to open/start selling donuts?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

DoughverHaus

Cruller Intentions

The Baker's Doesn't

Glazed over details

Help! I frittered away my savings

Call me old fashioned, but I donut need a business plan

You still got it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

pseudanonymous posted:

Imma be honest I’m no longer convinced this is real.

Which makes it less fun.

Same. It was fun to dream though!

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Ok with pictures I'm back in on this thread.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

CPA Hell posted:

In the highly unlikely case it’s not a troll: absolute best case he opens some sad hole-in-the-wall coffee and donut place (using one of those machines you see at like a county fair or farmers market) with a bare concrete floor and some sad signage out front that has irregular hours and products worse than you can get at the convenience store down the road.

Don't do this. Don't give us hope like this.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Thread title, por favor

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

hallo spacedog posted:

Obvious troll, gas thread

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Who would have thought that 20 years after spending $10 to stop sharing a Something Awful account, I'd be posting in a thread about a (probably) doomed coffee shop in Ohio.

I wonder what high school me would think of me now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

CarForumPoster posted:

“Man I’m ashamed of my white noise posts”

You're right he would be v proud.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

aunt jenkins posted:

This would have been a good post a few years ago but Blue Star went bankrupt, closed many of their locations, and now does most of their business in grocery stores.

You know, like several people here suggested, and would make sense, if you weren't mostly just looking for a problem you could use your empty building as a solution to.

Oh heh, I was going to be impressed it was still going because I remember going there in 2015 or so.

My favorite donut place in denver is run by this couple that makes absolutely incredible donuts.

Apparently the model is that some rich guy fronts the money to build a donut shop and lets the “owners” run it, who then have the option of buying it out, presumably when he’s remade his money?

Opening up five new locations apparently. The owners of the place I go to aren’t thrilled.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 6, 2022

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sirotan posted:

Made some rainbow bagels the other day for a work thing. My bagel forming skills need work but they came out pretty good and were really tasty. The everything flavored ones went fast, should have made more of them:

What they look like when you cut them in half:

I'll take a half dozen. Are you selling?

:v:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

$83 with free shipping? How can I say no!?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Admiralty Flag posted:

Try launching with this product, Rationale. We believe in you!

Would eat that donut.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

This is the before picture.

The "after" picture is going to be a shot of a super cute gourmet donut shop in Chelsea.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
How much did you spend on the rentals op?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Epitope posted:

How much did you spend on your sense of entitlement?

The same as inherited rentals.