Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kefit
May 16, 2006
layl

Rationale posted:

As far as surviving long enough to get customers, we can live on my wife’s money now. My line of work has been very feast or famine with typical weeks paying 1300-2000 dollars and whole months of unexpected time off. As long as we’re not hemorrhaging money we can afford to go on, and the inputs are cheap.

If I have to work for free to make sure everyone loves working there.

I also have a feast of famine work situation. Most of the time I'm working and making good money, but every so often I'll have an unexpected week or month (or more!) off with no pay. I can afford to have this kind of downtime, so I consider these unexpected weeks off to be a perk of the job. It helps that I can collect unemployment benefits during any downtime.

Trading that in for waking up at 2am every day while working stressful 60+ hour weeks for little or negative pay sounds like a total nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU