Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

goferchan posted:

Dad would get really motion sick from video games. Both my parents were pretty religious when I was growing up and very sensitive to me playing games with anything they perceived to be sacreligious. I bought Black and White in middle school and my dad walked up like "watcha playing?" and I knew he wouldn't be cool with it when he realized it was about being God so I just immediately started spinning the camera around as fast as I could and he instantly had to leave the room

Wormskull posted:

Oh yeah I probably told of this but my dad reformatted my hard drive while I was at school and I had just finally got to disk 2 past the hosed dock boss fight or whatever on the PC version and I ran into my room almost screaming and cried like my life just ended. I had just prior to that been so dumbstruck by Sephiroth’s unforgivable act that I fumbled to even put the disk into the tray lol after like 15 seconds of looking at the big Mog or whatever telling me to insert 2.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i was back from college for a week, and my brother was having trouble killing barioth in monster hunter tri. when i beat the quest for him he ripped the power cord out and said 'this is why no one wants you here'

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mbt posted:

i was back from college for a week, and my brother was having trouble killing barioth in monster hunter tri. when i beat the quest for him he ripped the power cord out and said 'this is why no one wants you here'

lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mbt posted:

lmfao

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mbt posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Tfw your brother beats Baritoh for you

very nice i like
Jan 8, 2020

I CANT RESIST SHITTING UP THE BIG BOOBS THREAD WITH MY RANDOM FUCKING MONKEY CHEESE BULLSHIT! IF YOU SEE ME, FUCK ME UP.

mbt posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

mbt posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My friends little brother got so mad playing smash bros he popped and smashed an unopened bag of doritos

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mbt posted:

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Oh yeah I probably told of this but my dad reformatted my hard drive while I was at school and I had just finally got to disk 2 past the hosed dock boss fight or whatever on the PC version and I ran into my room almost screaming and cried like my life just ended. I had just prior to that been so dumbstruck by Sephiroth’s unforgivable act that I fumbled to even put the disk into the tray lol after like 15 seconds of looking at the big Mog or whatever telling me to insert 2.

mbt posted:

lmfao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

mbt posted:

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

mbt posted:

lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

mbt posted:

Lol

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

mbt posted:

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mbt posted:

Lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

goferchan posted:

Dad would get really motion sick from video games. Both my parents were pretty religious when I was growing up and very sensitive to me playing games with anything they perceived to be sacreligious. I bought Black and White in middle school and my dad walked up like "watcha playing?" and I knew he wouldn't be cool with it when he realized it was about being God so I just immediately started spinning the camera around as fast as I could and he instantly had to leave the room

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

mbt posted:

lmao

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

mbt posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

mbt posted:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My friends little brother got so mad playing smash bros he popped and smashed an unopened bag of doritos

lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Dad cried playing Munche's Oddysey

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

mbt posted:

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the only person i've seen break a gc controller was a 14 year old who after losing a game of smash bros, took the controller by the handle and smashed the other end into the ground so hard it split in half and hte shoulder buttons popped out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

That Little Demon posted:

Dude… are you crying because of the cows hosed up alien things?

dangerburrd
Feb 20, 2013
I was playing guitar hero at my friends house and the necks of all his guitars were split along the seam going down the side of the head/neck. He explained that this was because if he couldn’t beat a song he would sit cross-legged with the guitar in his lap, rest the head against his forehead, and squeeze it against his body until it split to “release his anger”

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

El Spider posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the thread you've been waiting for.. to air out your friends / family's / gf bf etc's top gaming fails [loud rear end foghorn goes off]

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

El Spider posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, the thread you've been waiting for.. to air out your friends / family's / gf bf etc's top gaming fails [loud rear end foghorn goes off]

wait what hte gently caress

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

very nice i like posted:

Today I let my gf get the Sims 4 to play because she loves that poo poo, customizing life builder etc. Within 2 hours she killed her Sim because it started a fire cooking eggs and she couldn't figure out how to put it out. She then saved over the file because she thought it was dead forever. I love her dearly

Bro wait what. I thought youj were OP??? Lol, what the gently caress?? I thought you were el spider.. O. o

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

goferchan posted:

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

symbolic posted:

kinda similar but my dad had/still has a weird aversion to swearing no matter what, and there was a line in the Simpsons Hit & Run where Homer randomly calls someone a jerkass and every time he'd walk in on me playing it as a kid i'd pray that Homer didn't say lest my dad would freak out and confiscate the game. one time he poked his head in to talk to me and Homer started saying the line, and i quickly tried to drown it out by talking really loudly over it but mistimed it entirely in my panic, so what my dad heard was "THAT'S COOL" "-jerkass!"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

My dad was better than me at every game when I was a kid and as an adult he doesn't play anything you could really fail at. So I've never witnessed it OP.

This.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

My friend’s single dad left the house a total wreck and in the middle of the living room on stacks of phone books and miscellaneous portfolios and poo poo, as late as like 2009 this guy had a old rear end yellow CRT with a Red Alert game running on it that was, I was told, several months old at least, and that this poo poo was a regular thing and absolutely off limits and he was like showing me around his dads map but looking over his shoulder scared he might come through the front door lmfao. And putting the screen exactly back and poo poo to cover his tracks. Red Alert dads ftw.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Martman posted:

My friend got me Cyberpunk 2077 as a gift even though I was pretty sure it would be really janky at launch and it's not my kinda game. I still appreciated it, so I put 10 hours into it but it really didn't run well on my computer so I stopped

I got him a year of PC Game Pass as a return gift, set up the subscription for him, and only later found out that he never got past the installation because he "didn't want Microsoft to access his data"

LMfao

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Larry Parrish posted:

I've told the story before but my parents bought me Counter-Strike: Condition Zero for Christmas when I was like 9 or 10 and one time I came out of my room after doing homework to find my dad attempting to do a bot skirmish. He had no armor and just the USP so after watching him lose a round I said 'you know you can buy better equipment' and he leaped up from the computer like I caught him jacking off or something. Didn't see him even look at a game for the next couple years lol.

He was actually jacking off lol

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

That Little Demon posted:

LMfaoing. My dad kind of liked killing the fuzzles and slave guys I think, but encouraged me not to do so. He was probably imagining it as me and my sister lmao. He also 100 percented the game though lol. Duality of man

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

insane anime posted:

LMfaoing. My dad kind of liked killing the fuzzles and slave guys I think, but encouraged me not to do so. He was probably imagining it as me and my sister lmao. He also 100 percented the game though lol. Duality of man

Lmao

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

insane anime posted:

lol but drat chilll bro lmfao

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

insane anime posted:

Bro wait what. I thought youj were OP??? Lol, what the gently caress?? I thought you were el spider.. O. o

i am lol, the first 2 posts were that way on purpose

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

i have lots of stories. most are probably kind of hosed up but ill post some of them anyways lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

El Spider posted:

i am lol, the first 2 posts were that way on purpose

great , another schizophrenic imp zone thread