Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Rising Tide comes out tomorrow and it's going to be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sioux posted:

I still want to replay this. In fact, I quit somewhere on the mountaintop of the giants, never even met the later bosses like the huge fire giant and of course Melania. But at this point, I'm kind of afraid to pick it up again. My muscle memory must be completely gone and I'd probably have to create an new character just to start from the beginning and learn again.

Yeah I was kinda dreading the prospect of creating a new character since I had sent my original one into ng+ to fetch the single missable item I needed for the plat trophy, but I really don't want to play the dlc on ng+ so here we are. That being said its legit insane how op you can get right at the start with minimal effort. There's somber smithing stones laying about not gated behind anything to get a weapon up to +4. I'm melting literally everything around me and I haven't completed any major dungeon or boss, only gaining enough levels to meet to basic requirements for my weapon. It owns op

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

WaltherFeng posted:

Rising Tide comes out tomorrow and it's going to be great.

I wonder if they'll release a new disc version with the DLC, like FFXV Royal or whatever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Goddamn elden ring owns. Get giddy just thinking about it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Would there be any opposition to being able to revert back to previous ng+'es in Souls games? Like once you go to ng+ you can jump back to ng if you want, everything would be just as you left it, completed as such, and then jump back into ng+ or whatever level of ng+ you've unlocked with each world state in exactly whatever level of completion it's currently at? Or is there some kind of technical limitation for this?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That sounds like a nice QOL feature which means it’s completely against the spirit of the genre, shameful request.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

fridge corn posted:

Would there be any opposition to being able to revert back to previous ng+'es in Souls games? Like once you go to ng+ you can jump back to ng if you want, everything would be just as you left it, completed as such, and then jump back into ng+ or whatever level of ng+ you've unlocked with each world state in exactly whatever level of completion it's currently at? Or is there some kind of technical limitation for this?

Sacrilege!

Dark Souls 2 had it the other way round with bonfire ascetics, as God intended.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I wonder if they'll release a new disc version with the DLC, like FFXV Royal or whatever

It will still be a code tho for the dlc, sony hosed the everything on disc with that sku policy

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Sacrilege!

Dark Souls 2 had it the other way round with bonfire ascetics, as God intended.

Yeah ds2 ascetics loving owned

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Silksong got rated in australia

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

fridge corn posted:

considering that there’s no limit on how many times you can do NG+ yeah I’d say there’s a technical limitation on that

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

It will still be a code tho for the dlc, sony hosed the everything on disc with that sku policy

it's really chapping my hide :mad:

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

cheeseboy58 posted:

I do wonder how many hours ive put into rebirth just by switching out materia. Probably 10

My materia selection is simple: does this materia still need to be levelled up? Slot it in. Is it already maxed out? Take it out. Now that it's maxed out, I'll remember to slot it in when I have trouble with a boss (I won't remember)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last night I finally beat the Odin combat challenge.

Holy moly he was guardian ape levels of tough and I nearly gave up.

I honestly thought I would not be able to win. I also did not want to drop it down to easy because I knew I would feel let down with myself.

Somehow I did it :3:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/04/17/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-pc-cross-play-and-system-requirements-revealed/

So the Helldivers 2 PC PSN tie in was not a one off thing. Ghost of Tsushima PC will come with a playstation overall and PSN account linking. It seems like you will carry over your trophy data as well. This could make double diping on PC even more enticing.

I am not gonna get it because the PS5 version runs beautifully but excited for everyone to try out this gem. This is the best version of the Ubisoft formula so far imo and Horizon.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

definitely agree rebirth could use a loadouts option. i stubbornly banged my head against plenty of encounters because i considered having to change up the party's materia and then remember where everything was before and slot it back and was like "nah"

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Morpheus posted:

My materia selection is simple: does this materia still need to be levelled up? Slot it in. Is it already maxed out? Take it out. Now that it's maxed out, I'll remember to slot it in when I have trouble with a boss (I won't remember)

Yup. I must max out that 6th lightning materia. It’s important

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Ulio posted:

https://blog.playstation.com/2024/04/17/ghost-of-tsushima-directors-cut-pc-cross-play-and-system-requirements-revealed/

So the Helldivers 2 PC PSN tie in was not a one off thing. Ghost of Tsushima PC will come with a playstation overall and PSN account linking. It seems like you will carry over your trophy data as well. This could make double diping on PC even more enticing.

I am not gonna get it because the PS5 version runs beautifully but excited for everyone to try out this gem. This is the best version of the Ubisoft formula so far imo and Horizon.

4K resolution with 60 fps. Like games were meant to be played.
:hmmyes:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Vikar Jerome posted:

What sku policy

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Anti-Hero posted:

Has anyone here redeemed and played Immortals of Aveum on PS5 and can speak to its performance?

at least three of us and it runs fine but it is underwhelming in almost all aspects

think COD gameplay meets MCU quips meets The Outer Worlds fun levels

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Steve Yun posted:

What sku policy

SKUanon

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I agree that Rebirth could use a materia loadouts option but it’s def not because people can’t be arsed to change it and then whine that game combat bad

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
cid was right in the original FFVII and he's right now

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Materia loadouts could get kind of clunky since all the weapons have different mixes of linked slots overall numbers of slots, it would need a lot of sitting down and tinkering with to find a flow that works.

Maybe loadouts per weapon would be the best solution.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Apr 17, 2024

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I feel like the amount of time it would take to set up different materia configurations for each party member for each weapon would absolutely be significantly higher than the time it takes to move Fire from Aerith to Cloud.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am constantly getting into scrapes with having the wrong materia, and even sometimes fighting battles without materia because I am a dunce. I think loadouts would confuse me even more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Just finished Unicorn Overlord. Really enjoyed it, but that final boss was a little too much of a difficulty spike, I was shredding everything else

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Arist posted:

Just finished Unicorn Overlord. Really enjoyed it, but that final boss was a little too much of a difficulty spike, I was shredding everything else

It was the first time I had to seriously look at my unit composition and the answer was to put a swordmaster in the team. Meteor strike rips apart his shield

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

cheeseboy58 posted:

I do wonder how many hours ive put into rebirth just by switching out materia. Probably 10

The in-game time stops when you spend more than 3 minutes in the menu, so you can compare the ingame clock to the ps homepage time and see how different they are.

My in-game time is at 104:30 and the PS homepage says 115, so that's over 10 extra hours between trying to change materia back to how I had it after customizing a setup and forgetting what everyone was using. I guess that also includes pausing to talk to my wife, taking the dogs to pee at night, taking myself to pee, and getting a fresh glass of wine. at least half of that on materia though.

While I was realistically never going to play the entire game again on hard, the idea of needing to customize materia that much to gain advantages / adapt to new strategies really puts me off ever giving it a shot. It can make such a huge difference that a one size fits all set across all characters has a noticeable disadvantage.

A loadout feature would be complicated, I agree, but it's very fussy as is. Linking them to accessory could work, that way characters unique weapons can be a free for all and you can shuffle an entire set of complimentary purples over to your new main when the game forces you to switch characters.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 17, 2024

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

It was the first time I had to seriously look at my unit composition and the answer was to put a swordmaster in the team. Meteor strike rips apart his shield

Yeah that's what I did, but I still had to wear him down over like ten battles

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

The in-game time stops when you spend more than 3 minutes in the menu, so you can compare the ingame clock to the ps homepage time and see how different they are.

My in-game time is at 104:30 and the PS homepage says 115, so that's over 10 extra hours between trying to change materia back to how I had it after customizing a setup and forgetting what everyone was using. I guess that also includes pausing to talk to my wife, taking the dogs to pee at night, taking myself to pee, and getting a fresh glass of wine. at least half of that on materia though.

While I was realistically never going to play the entire game again on hard, the idea of needing to customize materia that much to gain advantages / adapt to new strategies really puts me off ever giving it a shot. It can make such a huge difference that a one size fits all set across all characters has a noticeable disadvantage.

You are absolutely overthinking it. The materia setup I had for the endgame in normal is what I used through 95% of Hard and the only real adjustments I made were to give extra Prayer materia. Like honestly a lot of characters are self-sufficient without any materia just due to their abilities and skills and synergy attacks. Aerith is the only one who really needs Materia aside from Cait Sith needing a Summon materia and probably a First Strike. It's not optimal but you don't need super optimal perfect setups for everything.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 17, 2024

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

ImpAtom posted:

You are absolutely overthinking it. The materia setup I had for the endgame in normal is what I used through 95% of Hard and the only real adjustments I made were to give extra Prayer materia. Like honestly a lot of characters are self-sufficient without any materia just due to their abilities and skills and synergy attacks. Aerith is the only one who really needs Materia aside from Cait Sith needing a Summon materia and probably a First Strike. It's not optimal but you don't need super optimal perfect setups for everything.

Well, I've got a set of materia I like on my main 3, and every time I switch up the main 3 I feel the need to switch around a ton of materia again. I obviously haven't played hard yet.
it's not a big deal, I'm not the one that was saying the combat sucks - I loving love the combat. it's just a fussy process to move materia around, and I guess because I'm doing too much of it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I am constantly getting into scrapes with having the wrong materia, and even sometimes fighting battles without materia because I am a dunce. I think loadouts would confuse me even more.

I mean, to be fair, you didn’t even know animals were sentient

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

cubicle gangster posted:

Well, I've got a set of materia I like on my main 3, and every time I switch up the main 3 I feel the need to switch around a ton of materia again. I obviously haven't played hard yet.
it's not a big deal, I'm not the one that was saying the combat sucks - I loving love the combat. it's just a fussy process to move materia around, and I guess because I'm doing too much of it.

For what it's worth, a big thing about the game is that it is better to build someone's materia to go off what they are good at, rather than trying to make a 'good' materia set you can swap between party members. Non-active characters still get AP towards Materia growth and generally something that is good for a character is something you'll want to keep on them rather than shuffling around. Probably the closest to something you do have to shuffle around is Assess but you can get a pair of earrings that give Assess and just slap them on whatever non-Cloud party member you want in any sequence he isn't in. That and the Elemental Materia but even that is a relatively minor bonus in the long run.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have to keep the accessories that give you gil from walking and minorly increase your gathering on at all times though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have to keep the accessories that give you gil from walking and minorly increase your gathering on at all times though

I did the same thing but it turns out that just meant I had roughly infinite gil and way too many resources I had no use for.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

This A boy and his dog tv show is pretty good

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Who wouldn’t want infinite Gil to throw at enemies though! (I just got this Materia and am excited to try it)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

This A boy and his dog tv show is pretty good

FFXVI was bad actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FFXVI isn't a TV show, 2/10 points on that dunk