Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Costco Meatballs posted:

I don't think I am understanding Armoured Core or I'm just very bad.

Pretty stuck on the first boss level with Baltheus. I got him to like half health a couple times but even slogging back through the level to get back to him on a game over is really tough. Any recommended LPs or something so I can see how I'm supposed to be even approaching this?

Feels like I'm playing Sekiro but with souls strategy, or something along those lines, where my play is just fundamentally out of line with what the game expects of me.

But I mean, I'm boosting, I'm jumping, I'm locking on, I'm shooting, what more do you want from me here

Armored Core doesn't want you to make a build and stick with it, it wants you to rebuild for the situation at hand. That's why you can always sell parts back at cost. Baltheus in particular is a check on this. See what's available to you now to counter one of his main advantages.

More directly he has an energy shield. There's a pair of plasma weapons in the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Fallout 4 PS5 version is out.

I don’t have much on the docket right now so sure I’ll check that game out again.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Oh also the Quality mode will take advantage of 120hz to get 40 fps, you love to see it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"Glowing weakpoints, how petite bourgeoisie" as I just-frame link air combos.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Hot tip: enjoy not playing any games and hang out with buds. :) Summer right around the corner.

but I moved away and all my buds live in another time zone :negative:

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

SettingSun posted:

Fallout 4 is a bad game both in play and technically and I can't believe it had enough staying power to have an interest revival.

I skipped it but it's cheap rn and I wouldn't mind an atmospheric wasteland fuckabout. I'm aware of the biggest complaints, voiced player character and bad story, but I expect that kinda poo poo from Bethesda. So really what I'm wondering is if it's fun to shoot and loot.

I'm overdue a New Vegas playthrough but that is like the opposite of a disposable experience and atm I only have the time and brain space for something shallow but fun.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fallout 4 is fun

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

The ps5 touchups are pretty great. I've got other games to play at the moment though (and modded NV on the deck is one of them lol)

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

unattended spaghetti posted:

I skipped it but it's cheap rn and I wouldn't mind an atmospheric wasteland fuckabout. I'm aware of the biggest complaints, voiced player character and bad story, but I expect that kinda poo poo from Bethesda. So really what I'm wondering is if it's fun to shoot and loot.

I'm overdue a New Vegas playthrough but that is like the opposite of a disposable experience and atm I only have the time and brain space for something shallow but fun.

Yes

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hell I'm enjoying shooting and looting in 76. Ignoring all the MMO stuff.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's gonna be a long while but it might be fun exploring the wasteland again in fo4.

But the good thing is, we're probably six years away from getting a fallout 5 so I'll get to this eventually in my backlog. I think.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Only 6 years? Maybe 6 years for the next Elder Scrolls and then FO5 another 6 years later.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Can I get a lil necktie for my Armored Cores?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yoko taro said stellar blade is better than nier automata and frankly gameplay-wise hes right

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Vintersorg posted:

Hot tip: enjoy not playing any games and hang out with buds. :) Summer right around the corner.

It was 45C outside today

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Endorph posted:

yoko taro said stellar blade is better than nier automata and frankly gameplay-wise hes right

Damning with faint praise

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I hope you get to hear Jenova's theme live, for my money it's the best boss theme in videogaming period, mostly because it represents a perfect synthesis of orchestral and electronic motifs. The variations Hamauzu is putting it through in the Remake trilogy are simply insane, just an incredible level of love and respect for the source material. The opening swell on the Emergent variation reminds me of the Akira soundtrack. It's just such an intense and emotional track that when it starts fully pumping during a fight every strand of hair on my body stands straight up and I verge on heart palpitations. :sweatdrop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zvHLGPpkO0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on-8YaJ3GQc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCGmkVtMMAo

No joke but that, Hollow Skies, any of the jazz stuff and I will count anything else as a bonus. I only want to hear those three most of all.

The original Jenova drop in remake remains one of my all time favourite Final Fantasy moments. Even without knowledge of it it still floored me and now when I go back it gets me again!

I just cannot believe how powerfully good that music is. It is another level. It makes me unable to articulate how much I love it.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Jenova Emergent theme in Rebirth made my jaw drop

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
The Remake OST on streaming services lacks Hiphop De Chocobo. I consider this a crime. All I wanted to do was vex my gf on a roadtrip and I had to go to YouTube like a pleb. Unforgivable.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Ok, so the version of Fallout 4 from PS Extra does not include the PS5 upgrades and DLC?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

Ok, so the version of Fallout 4 from PS Extra does not include the PS5 upgrades and DLC?

Nope, but looks like owning FO4 gives you the PS5 version and the DLCs for free

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Guillermus posted:

Nope, but looks like owning FO4 gives you the PS5 version and the DLCs for free
So there doesn't seem to be any reason to get the GOTY edition for 40 bucks, right? The Standard edition for 20 bucks now includes everything?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I bet many Stellar Blade players are hoping for a little "Fallout" in their game!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Crows Turn Off posted:

So there doesn't seem to be any reason to get the GOTY edition for 40 bucks, right? The Standard edition for 20 bucks now includes everything?

Don't know if it's a bug but people owning base FO4 (digital) are claiming the free upgrade and DLCs. FO4 GOTY gets on sale often for 9.99 anyways

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Crows Turn Off posted:

When I did the upgrade I could claim all the dlcs, the only one I bought before was nuka world. I don't know why it happened

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Crows Turn Off posted:

Bethesda has said they're working on this as a bug.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

How fitting

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

gradenko_2000 posted:

Yeah this was my immediate guess when I saw they were all free

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Whenever somebody says "Boy, I'm fighting huge bugs in Fallout 4," you'll have to ask them for clarification!

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Issaries posted:

Wait. You don't get all the DLCs if you pay for the Streaming tier of PS+?
What a rip off.

nope! for ps3 games it needs to be the GOTY/ some other edition that packs everything together. I have yet to see a publisher put anything up other than the base game, but I haven't really looked in a while

its dumb as hell and my least favorite part of the service since I couldn't afford many games from the 360/ps3 generation

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Fallout 4 is fun

funniest post you’ve ever made

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Crows Turn Off posted:

its a bug at the moment, theyre working on it for psplus and extra

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
also lol imagine playing a Bethesda Game Studios game on a console

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Apr 25, 2024

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Apparently I had nearly 80 hours of Fallout 4 played on ps4

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

also lol imagine playing a Bethesda Game Studios game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

imagine... a game

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1783579767616250321

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

also lol imagine playing a Bethesda Game Studios game on a console

Yeah that’s just asking to have a bad time

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I mean I've been fine. Spent 100 hours on my PS5 playing Fallout 4 and now working through 76.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I've played over a hundred hours of Skyrim on PS4/PS5. I put around the same amount on FO3 on Xbox360 at launch.

I plan on enjoy FO4 on PS5 and probably slap FO London on my PC version when they figure what they broke.