Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
On my way to costa del sol, queens blood tourny you say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Costco Meatballs posted:

There are some cool bits about Fallout 4.

The atmosphere is pretty well done in a lot of parts.

The first couple hours are the strongest of any of the 3D fallouts

Far Harbour rules

The companion reactions as you walk around the world are best in class.

The guns go pfpwpwpwpwpw

I think that's about it
You can use mods on console which is pretty nice.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

SubponticatePoster posted:

You can use mods on console which is pretty nice.

No trophies though. My PS4 version is cursed to have only the “entered the wasteland” and nothing else despite having like a hundred hours in it

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yeah I can't not play FO4 without mods at this point so I'm going trophyless for ps5 there

I've noticed using mods on New Vegas doesn't disable achievements on Steam

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Late to the party but just finished watching Last of Us. Just gonna say it, better than the game. But I'm loving gutted rn. Even when you know what's coming, it still hurts man.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FireWorksWell posted:

I think by default it does for every Bethesda game, but iirc it’s pretty trivial to turn back on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have decided that the next game I am going to play on PlayStation 5 is Transformers Devestation. Thank you for reading.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

FireWorksWell posted:

Yeah I can't not play FO4 without mods at this point so I'm going trophyless for ps5 there

They didn't start doing this until Fallout 4 or Skyrim Special Edition, I forget which.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I said come in! posted:

I have decided that the next game I am going to play on PlayStation 5 is Transformers Devestation. Thank you for reading.

it's a fun three hours

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

unattended spaghetti posted:

Late to the party but just finished watching Last of Us. Just gonna say it, better than the game. But I'm loving gutted rn. Even when you know what's coming, it still hurts man.

It’s a really good show but I think they hosed it with the slo-mo and sad music over the rampage in the finale

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's the wrong choice, yeah. Feels like they wanted to play up the magnitude and somberness of the decision but the character doesn't actually give a poo poo about any of that so it's weird. They should have played it for horror, even if you think he's doing the right thing (which I am not trying to litigate), the plain text of the scene is that he is an unstoppable force employing his outstanding capacity for violence with no regard for human life. He's supposed to be at least little scary!

Also, making it a montage feels... weird. It's the big climax, the money shot, the thing the entire game is building to, and the show doesn't seem to want to spend much time on it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

anyway, I still liked the show, ep 3 is an all-timer

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
I don't necessarily disagree but I thought he was plenty horrifying in the whole David episode.

If I had the last scene to do I'd do it no music, single can, and fast since that's likely how it would have been.

The total package filled in a lot of stuff the game either glossed or didn't cover at all which I appreciated a lot.
And anything added from whole cloth was, generally speaking, an enhancement imho. I'm sure some bits may have been divisive but I thought anything extra added emotional nuance.

And yeah episode 3 kicked rear end. While I was watching it I had my doubts since it took us away from the the main plot but everything about it was used to accentuate Joel and his poo poo, and added a ton of thematic juice to the finale just by showing a healthy contrast. Way cool.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 26, 2024

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Ulio posted:

I think on launch the weapons had no passive abilities so other than reach + attack speed they didn't have much different. The martial art were also way similar in terms of use than say the Ashes of War in ER or Weapon arts in ds3.
So Wulong had some issues as well but I do think the overall combat mechanics were better thought than Sekiro but the regular enemies + bosses were not at Sekiro's level. I do think it had good bosses but the regular enemy variety was lacking.

Ya I don't know how it did but it was one of my favorite games of last year just for the combat and few really memorable bosses. Team Ninja's last 3 games Rise of Ronin, Wulong and Stranger of Paradise are all flawed gems.

You said "on launch". So is it different now? I replayed a game a billion times when it first came out, I've been wanting to replay for a while now, hopefully it's a solid 60 on the ps5.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i watched TLOU as it aired and it was neat seeing the game played out through a tv show but i felt the weight of everything vastly diminished by knowing what was going to happen.

i haven't thought about the show or any of the episodes really at all since the last episode stopped playing on my tv, and at this point i can't even remember how it was different if at all from the game. there's really just nothing to think about bc it's just a passive recreation of what i already saw unfold in the game, and i had a closer connection to it all as i was playing it vs just watching it.

big ol' meh from me tbh. it didn't suck by any means but it wasn't incredible or really great either. but kudos to naughty dog for the achievement on the ip overall.

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGmm-uI-1k

ShoogaSlim fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 26, 2024

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Aside from Episode 3, I think the show mostly exists for people who didn't play the game.

I'm a bit more interested in the coming sequences since it will require more changes.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 26, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The more I think about the TLOU show the more mixed on it I am. It was good. I definitely didn’t dislike it. But I’m also a little lukewarm on it. Even the praised 3rd ep, which was good on its own felt like it didn’t need to be there. Just added so little to the actual story. Felt like the TV equivalent of Oscar bait or something. I think my opinion of it soured a bit from listening to the podcast. I just find Craig Mazin to be such an annoying blowhard. All I could do was think of him writing that ep purely for clout.

The cast was good and they absolutely nailed the look of the game though which was cool.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022

Arist posted:

It's the wrong choice, yeah. Feels like they wanted to play up the magnitude and somberness of the decision but the character doesn't actually give a poo poo about any of that so it's weird. They should have played it for horror, even if you think he's doing the right thing (which I am not trying to litigate), the plain text of the scene is that he is an unstoppable force employing his outstanding capacity for violence with no regard for human life. He's supposed to be at least little scary!

Also, making it a montage feels... weird. It's the big climax, the money shot, the thing the entire game is building to, and the show doesn't seem to want to spend much time on it.

It's weird, that final scene works far better in the game, for the simple reason that there is little "gameplay" throughout the series that it's weird that Pedro Pascal so overpowered all of a sudden. Meanwhile, in game the Fireflies just do what every other hunter faction does, and Joel reverts to his primal instincts and does what he always does: go invisible behind cover, see people through walls, and kill everyone with chokeholds and bullets and molotovs.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
The show was good but the 1:1 ness was abit much and the infected vanishing half way through cos the show decided to skip those sections felt wierd too but it is kinda funny that fallout tv show being its own story in the universe is more accurate than tlou being a 1:1 show

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah TLOU goes for recreating the game almost perfectly, which puts the parts that deviate from it under more scrutiny from me, and also begs the question "did we even need this when the game exists?" Fallout just goes for capturing the spirit of the games but beyond that they are kind of just doing whatever they want. They nail the tone so well I think I people are fine with that. In that sense I think it's a much better show. it's at least a lot more creative. TLOU doesn't really add anything I care about. i'd rather just play the game. Fallout makes me retroactively like the series more.

I dunno I liked them both but I don't think TLOU really did anything interesting other than making normals argue about the ending in a way that we all have for years. Also yeah, they flubbed the Joel goes HAM scene. I'd still give it a B-

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have killed the first 3 bosses in Stellar Babes. So far I would say this is kind of a 7/10 action platformer with AAA production values. People have made comparisons to Nier Automata but a recent game that it's more obviously reminiscent of is Valkyrie Elysium, complete with your typical anime nonsense post-apocalyptic story and community theatre-level Bri*ish performances. The boss fights have all been entertaining, stylish and I would say well-balanced for a new player on the default difficulty. The environments and platforming sections among weaker enemies are nothing too special, however. Besides some gratuitous boob jiggle I don't think this is exactly going to be a cultural watershed moment For The Gamers™ as Stellar Blade has every modern convenience and toggle you would expect from a high-production value title released in 2024. It's also not especially hardcore on the default difficulty and you'll probably be able to get by just with mashing and landing a parry every so often. I found a tasteful red velvet blouse for EVE so that she can look more presentable. Decent.

Oh, another thing I wanted to mention is that the soundtrack is surprisingly good. Great PSO lobby new jazz vibes.

exquisite tea fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Apr 26, 2024

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ready to dress up my doll

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

The boss fights have all been entertaining, stylish and I would say well-balanced for a new player on the default difficulty. The environments and platforming sections among weaker enemies are nothing too special, however.

But does your difficulty assessment factor in the default setup of playing with one hand, shall we say, behind your back?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
The redundancy of the TLOU show reminds me of the late 2000s wave of American remakes of Asian horror films (The Ring, The Grudge, Dark Water, and so on) in a way.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
And Craig Mazin does sound like an annoying blowhard every time he spoke on the official TLOU show podcast.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The tlou tv show was good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't watch TV

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

exquisite tea posted:

Oh, another thing I wanted to mention is that the soundtrack is surprisingly good. Great PSO lobby new jazz vibes.
Oh no this might push me over the edge to play this at some point, PSO tunes are a deep nostalgia cut for me… still refuse to pay full price though

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't watch TV

Every time I start watching tv I instantly think why am I not playing a video game instead

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lordfrikk posted:

And Craig Mazin does sound like an annoying blowhard every time he spoke on the official TLOU show podcast.

he's a huge dipshit

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Idk who Craig Maizin is because I don't listen to podcasts about tv shows about videogames

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Never really played TLoU and thought the show was way better than it had any right to be. Every episode was pretty drat good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Can you pause in ACVI? I need to wait on a package today and won't be able to play if not

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Does the ole sit at the Home Screen trick not work on any game

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Arist posted:

Can you pause in ACVI? I need to wait on a package today and won't be able to play if not

You can pause it

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just redo the mission. :lol:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

i didn't check out the podcasts but i recognize craig mazin's picture when i looked him up*

the TLOU show kept boasting in its promotional material that it was from the guy who did chernobyl, which is apparently good but i didn't watch it. it declined to mention that the same guy wrote the screenplays for scary movie 3 and 4, and the hangover 2 and 3 lol.

* turns out i recognize his face from watching mythic quest, which isn't good but i enjoy it for its silliness, and i'm an it's always sunny stan so i support the creators even if rob mcelhenny seems kind of like a weird cringe bro type. but mazin's character on the show is extremely annoying so maybe that's just how he is naturally.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Gamers™ have been betrayed, first they lost the hard r and now some suits have been changed. Literally 9/11 for boners.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Buy the physical disc and never update it. Keep jerkin my friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Vintersorg posted:

Never really played TLoU and thought the show was way better than it had any right to be. Every episode was pretty drat good.

Yeah same it was a pretty good show. Looking forward to whatever comes next