Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's my right as a gamer to get the most 90s perverted panty shots in my video games dammit!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

exquisite tea posted:

I would say this is kind of a 7/10 I found a tasteful red velvet blouse for EVE so that she can look more presentable.

:thunk:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sony is making physical gamers choose between boners and NG+. Diabolical

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

BisterdDave posted:

Buy the physical disc and never update it. Keep jerkin my friends!

NG+ was introduced in the same patch, lol

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

JBP posted:

Idk who Craig Maizin is because I don't listen to podcasts about tv shows about videogames
Lol right? There's context, and then there's whatever that is.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Between Chernobyl and his authored episodes of TLOU, he definitely writes some great television. But uuuhh, yeah he should really not be allowed to talk about his own work.

Strictly by the dictionary, pretentious means affecting greater talent or importance than one actually possesses. So it should be difficult for someone with actual great talent to truly be pretentious. Somehow, he manages it though.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

Between Chernobyl and his authored episodes of TLOU, he definitely writes some great television. But uuuhh, yeah he should really not be allowed to talk about his own work.

Strictly by the dictionary, pretentious means affecting greater talent or importance than one actually possesses. So it should be difficult for someone with actual great talent to truly be pretentious. Somehow, he manages it though.

I only tend to seek out the thoughts of artists whose works genuinely shift my perception on the world, so I'm unlikely to ever look into whatever dumb poo poo the dude says, but with my lack of context as a given here, I find that living inside your creation tends to give you a strange relationship to it and while I know makers can sorta huff their own farts and should be ready and able to let go of things that are finished and no longer theirs, I'm sympathetic to people who can't. A lot of invisible thought and effort goes into making things. It's understandable that creators sometimes can't resist babbling about minutia and bullshit that was a product of their labor. It doesn't make it any less obnoxious, but I get it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

JBP posted:

Idk who Craig Maizin is because I don't listen to podcasts about tv shows about videogames

I acknowledge your ignorance and suggest: the internet

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
Having a real good time with Stellar Blade so far. I'm not always the best at action games, so wasn't sure how it would go, but playing on normal has been a pretty good degree of difficulty where I might need to take a couple attempts at a boss, but it never becomes frustrating, and it's usually clear what I did wrong. The enemy design continues to impress, with the bosses being huge standouts. The story isn't really the most engaging, but the rest of the game is picking up the slack. I do wish there was a bit better sign posting about what is side and main path. The classic tale of which of these two paths is where it wants me to go and which do I want to go down to fully explore the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I acknowledge your ignorance and suggest: the internet

Lol yeah, inability to take 2 seconds on google. If it was some random Youtuber sure but it's the loving creator of the show. Sorry I didn't think to explain in depth who he was JBP, I wrongly assumed you were capable of figuring that out on your own.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 26, 2024

Electromax
May 6, 2007

unattended spaghetti posted:

I only tend to seek out the thoughts of artists whose works genuinely shift my perception on the world

Well yeah, that's how we all found the SA forums

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Electromax posted:

:hmmyes: DPPH, NMD, BTB

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Phat Asses Vol. I-III definitely did change my perspective on life, beauty and art.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only tend to seek out the thoughts of artists whose works genuinely shift my perception on the world, so I'm unlikely to ever look into whatever dumb poo poo the dude says, but with my lack of context as a given here, I find that living inside your creation tends to give you a strange relationship to it and while I know makers can sorta huff their own farts and should be ready and able to let go of things that are finished and no longer theirs, I'm sympathetic to people who can't. A lot of invisible thought and effort goes into making things. It's understandable that creators sometimes can't resist babbling about minutia and bullshit that was a product of their labor. It doesn't make it any less obnoxious, but I get it.

I get that but he's kind of different imo. Maybe I'm cynical and he's just proud of his own work but he really just seems to love to whack off to himself. I actually found myself yelling "shut the gently caress up craig" at my radio regularly . he also interrupts literally everything Neil says which is half druckmanns fault because he has the charisma of a snail, but the whole podcast is pretty much

Craig: I had this idea and I was just like wow craig you are amazing. When I created TLOU i Blah blah blah
Neil Druckman: Oh thats interesting because when we started working on the gam....
Criag: Yeah and then you called me and you were like wow craig you did it better than me wow
Troy baker: Oh I
Craig: And I was thinking when I created this blah blah blah

Dude is so annoying. He also seems dumb.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

big nipples big life posted:

The Gamers™ have been betrayed, first they lost the hard r and now some suits have been changed. Literally 9/11 for boners.

What suits, dare i ask

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Does who you win against in round 2 of boat queens blood affect the bond meter for them?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Electromax posted:

In all seriousness this place has taught me so much cool poo poo over like fifteen years and I’m grateful for it all the time. Like anyone would, I have my gripes, but there’s tons of smart, articulate goons with insightful takes on poo poo all the time. So you jest, but I love goons and SA just for being a bunch of passionate weirdos. In all sincerity my life would be shittier without this place so eh.

veni veni veni posted:

I get that but he's kind of different imo. Maybe I'm cynical and he's just proud of his own work but he really just seems to love to whack off to himself. I actually found myself yelling "shut the gently caress up craig" at my radio regularly . he also interrupts literally everything Neil says which is half druckmanns fault because he has the charisma of a snail, but the whole podcast is pretty much

Craig: I had this idea and I was just like wow craig you are amazing. When I created TLOU i Blah blah blah
Neil Druckman: Oh thats interesting because when we started working on the gam....
Criag: Yeah and then you called me and you were like wow craig you did it better than me wow
Troy baker: Oh I
Craig: And I was thinking when I created this blah blah blah

Dude is so annoying. He also seems dumb.

I believe you. But I don’t consider TLoU, game or show, impactful enough to me personally to care what he has to say lol. I just like how creators interface with their work and understand why some turn into blowhards. There’s nuance to it was my main point. Heh.

Like, Jonathan Blow—her der—there’s a guy that went off the deep end lol. When people were talking about pretentious creators he was like the first person I thought of.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Even when Phil Fish exists?

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Even when Phil Fish exists?

I know he has a rep, but I never followed all the Fez drama. I was neck deep in ASCII-only roguelikes when Fez came out and paid no attention to the broader landscape around that time. Oof speaking of sounding pretentious lmao.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

FWIW I love TLOU but I don't consider it super impactful to me either except maybe the multiplayer. I just think it's good games hitting the same notes as a prestige TV show or whatever. It's fun to argue about like game of thrones or something but it's not super inspiring as art or anything imo. At it's core it's kind of generic actually.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know he has a rep, but I never followed all the Fez drama. I was neck deep in ASCII-only roguelikes when Fez came out and paid no attention to the broader landscape around that time. Oof speaking of sounding pretentious lmao.

I mostly just dislike Phil Fish cause he was a dick to that japanese guy and his face sucks.

Fez was pretty good though.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

FWIW I love TLOU but I don't consider it super impactful to me either except maybe the multiplayer. I just think it's good games hitting the same notes as a prestige TV show or whatever. It's fun to argue about like game of thrones or something but it's not super inspiring as art or anything imo. At it's core it's kind of generic actually.

Same. I think it’s extremely well-executed, but the games feel like an HBO show and now we have an HBO show.

TLoU 2 probably has pound-for-pound some of the best and most dynamic combat in a AAA blockbuster though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

exquisite tea posted:

I have killed the first 3 bosses in Stellar Babes. So far I would say this is kind of a 7/10 action platformer with AAA production values.

2024 is the year of 7/10 games that are 10/10 to me. And I couldn't be happier.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Vikar Jerome posted:

What suits, dare i ask

No idea what the names are, one looks like a 1 piece swimsuit, the other is some strappy thing. I just think it's funny as hell that the anti woke game that was going to have SJWs dying in the streets because they saw bobs is drawing the ire of the Gamers now.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Nothing has brought me more satisfaction in rebirth than wiping that dumb look off chadleys face and destoring him through his dualsense microphone 24-0.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
Kinda don’t care if a creator of something is a “blowhard” if they made something really good. Chernobyl was goated and had good writing and for that it doesn’t matter if Craig Mazin comes off as “pretentious” (which is a word that’s totally misused and basically meaningless to me)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

oh my god the exhibition match

Edit: the fuckibg musiccccc

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Hows megaton musashi? I was bummed when it didn't get a us release initially.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAO6QKmlAxE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

the shittiest trailer i've ever seen

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Are you loving kidding me with this jenny emergent theme goddamn

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

the shittiest trailer i've ever seen

Yeah its pretty bad lol but hey, could be good game

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Phat Asses Vol. I-III definitely did change my perspective on life, beauty and art.

Gamer's don't like all asses, they hated Abby's rear end.

There must be a gamer's game rear end tier somewhere.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Boy of Joy posted:

Kinda don’t care if a creator of something is a “blowhard” if they made something really good. Chernobyl was goated and had good writing and for that it doesn’t matter if Craig Mazin comes off as “pretentious” (which is a word that’s totally misused and basically meaningless to me)

In this case I just happened to be interested in what Druckmann has to say about working on the show but Mazin kept interrupting him, it felt he doesn't know how to let other people talk so he came across as annoying despite making some good TV

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Still serene and floating in sublime nirvana having never played FF Rebirth.

Tlou HBO was good but something about the set design to me was off-putting. It felt claustrophobic in a way that wasn’t intended, as if whatever scene you were looking at was obviously two and a half walls exposed to the empty soundstage. It was oddly empty

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Are you loving kidding me with this jenny emergent theme goddamn

Dude it’s so good

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
There isn't a single bad song in 7Rebirth

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Namnesor posted:

There isn't a single bad song in 7Rebirth
The OST is a staggering achievement, an all timer for sure

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That was definitely one of the fights where I had to leave it paused on the Assess screen for a bit to listen to the music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

exquisite tea posted:

People have made comparisons to Nier Automata but a recent game that it's more obviously reminiscent of is Valkyrie Elysium,

I think the comparison to Nier Automata is mainly for the plot, as the “secret” is almost identical, just framed differently.

hyphz fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 26, 2024