Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You will really like Judgement VG.

The drone racing is legitimately great and challenging

Lost Judgement has a Boxing Stance you can get via DLC and its fantastic.
Yagami beats up so many kids :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitch.tv/videos/1163267541

Electromax
May 6, 2007
RIP to anyone who didn't get a PS5 in time to try the weird and rarely used cards that let you jump to specific levels sometimes. I never trusted them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did you know that the enemies in Uncharted games are not bullet sponges, at a medium distance unarmored non-magical enemies will die to a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire to the chest

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did you know that the enemies in Uncharted games are not bullet sponges, at a medium distance unarmored non-magical enemies will die to a pistol headshot or burst of rifle fire to the chest

The humans weren't too bad. The worst enemies, though, were those walls and ledges facing the wrong way that grab onto Nate when he's trying to roll, and lock him in place while the other enemies shoot him dead. I never figured out how to kill those fuckin things.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
i just played uncharted on easy and punched everyone tbh

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

so good, drop kicking them out of the window. feels good man, so good.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
More games should allow dropkicking teens tbh

It's fine though, they got up afterwards with no injuries and offered apologies with, like, a donut or something

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Great OP BP

Not sure what to do right now, maybe by TLOP1 but maybe not. Currently stumbling my way around DS2 DLC, realized I never played them before. Crown of the Sunken King has a totally backwards way to get into it and its full of traps. Whats with all these "elevators" that just trap you at the bottom and you gotta kill yourself and never get your souls back. Seems like a design decision I haven't seen in FROM games before?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

here's my favorite PS5 moments so far: playing Demon Souls, playing Elden Ring at true 60fps, replaying Bloodborne. Returnal was pretty good. I guess that's it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Electromax posted:

RIP to anyone who didn't get a PS5 in time to try the weird and rarely used cards that let you jump to specific levels sometimes. I never trusted them.

I tried the new resume session thing on Steel Rising and it popped up a warning that if I used it I'd lose all my soulsanima lol

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Finally getting around to ff7 remake
Anyone here see an issue if I just set the combat to easy?

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Electromax posted:

Are they getting rid of those too?

I was able to use them to get out of soft locks in a few games but otherwise I never use them.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

VideoGames posted:

Just getting it out there now: the kind of posting that has been getting me down from the previous thread is not going to fly.

Be kinder to each other.

This does not mean forced positivity, just rethink how you are posting against each others points. :hai:

...but the future refused to change

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm just now getting around to playing Dad of War. Not far into it, still waiting for it to open up, but it is fun.

SilkyP posted:

I played it on normal and didn't find the combat difficult until around Chapter 9.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SilkyP posted:

Other than being too easy I guess not

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Franchescanado posted:

I'm just now getting around to playing Dad of War. Not far into it, still waiting for it to open up, but it is fun.

I played it on normal and didn't find the combat difficult until around Chapter 9.

Maybe I’m just an idiot but I can’t seem to figure out how combat is supposed to work.
Granted I’m not far along in the game but does anyone have some general rules for combat in this game?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Welcome to the new thread! Here are some rules I came up with

Once I’m done with constant splatting I need to go back and finish TLOU Part 1. Such a beautiful remake. I was previously not super hyped for GoW Ragnarok but the trailer yesterday looked totally fantastic

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SilkyP posted:

Maybe I’m just an idiot but I can’t seem to figure out how combat is supposed to work.
Granted I’m not far along in the game but does anyone have some general rules for combat in this game?

Always switch character, enemies automatically aggro the character you're controlling also your other characters won't do anything other than auto attack and build up ATB much slower.

Spermando
Jun 13, 2009
My first post is a complaint. :yotj:
My left stick has started drifting left sometimes. It only does so for a second and it's very inconsistent when it happens, but it's noticeable. I've had some weirdness with this controller before, but blowing into it generally fixed it, but that doesn't seem to do the trick anymore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

More threads than exclusives

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Franchescanado posted:

It opens up a ton and keeps adding more stuff.

I will say dont be like me and miss that using your fists builds Stagger so fast. Its a key element that you should use.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Other than being too easy I guess not

I actually think the story is not that good in FF7R because what it actually is but the gameplay is one of the best parts and improvements over the original game. Definitely try to play it on normal if you can, because even if you don't have time this JRPG has 0 grind. There are some tough bosses but imo if you play on easy its too easy since some of the bosses are so well done, like Hell House.

Sakurazuka posted:

Always switch character, enemies automatically aggro the character you're controlling also your other characters won't do anything other than auto attack and build up ATB much slower.

Ya this is great advice, in boss fights you will need to do this more often, regular mobs should be fairly easy once you understand what their weakness is. Another thing I would say is exploit enemies weakness, it's fairly simple but to some enemies you will do 0 dmg if you don't know what their weakness is so always have the materia that lets you inspect the enemy. Have a good mix of elemental spells among your party. You probably won't need to optimize materia slots on easy or normal but some of the materia have bad description to as what they actually do. Eventually you can get a materia setup where you can just play one character and build ATB for ai.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 14, 2022

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bows1 posted:

It opens up a ton and keeps adding more stuff.

I will say dont be like me and miss that using your fists builds Stagger so fast. Its a key element that you should use.

I appreciate this tip! Thanks.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Tomorrow outer wilds becomes a ps5 game and therefore the best ps5 game

imhotep fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Sep 14, 2022

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bop bop perano posted:

Tomorrow outer wilds becomes a ps5 game and therefore the ps5 game

Is there an upgrade option for those who have it on PS4 already?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Franchescanado posted:

Is there an upgrade option for those who have it on PS4 already?

Yeah it’s free, last I heard Annapurna said they weren’t sure if it’ll also be free for PS Plus as well, but I assume it will be.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Real hurthling! posted:

More threads than exclusives

:eyepop:

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

bop bop perano posted:

Yeah it’s free, last I heard Annapurna said they weren’t sure if it’ll also be free for PS Plus as well, but I assume it will be.

Awesome. Procrastinating on my backlog was rewarded once again.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Infinitum posted:

The drone racing is legitimately great and challenging

Lost Judgement has a Boxing Stance you can get via DLC and its fantastic.
Yagami beats up so many kids :allears:

This is the first time I've ever heard someone say Judgment is good because of the drone racing instead of in spite of it

Nah mechanically it's a cool idea using the town map as an aerial racetrack but there's only so many configurations and for later races you have to be pixel perfect and I was never up to the task :negative:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Btw is this new thread gonna have any games or is it business as usual around here???

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what's a game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Btw is this new thread gonna have any games or is it business as usual around here???

I have been playing Final Fantasy X on my PS5. There are games to play! I promise!

Infinitum posted:

I look forward to it. It has been on my wishlist for ages :)

Vikar Jerome posted:

get them on the stream docket veeg!

and judgmet/ lost judgment (gently caress i havent even fished lost judgment yet)

Hmmmm, maybe I could add them to my ever expanding list...

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those sick fucks decided to add some games to this one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't believe Yakuza is shifting fully to the "Like a Dragon" branding, feels good that the series is big enough that they think they can survive that name change

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Was it the previous PS5 thread where people were talking about Dead Rising a couple days back? Because 1, 2 and Off The Record are all currently on sale on the US PSN store for $6 each

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thiccabod posted:

Was it the previous PS5 thread where people were talking about Dead Rising a couple days back? Because 1, 2 and Off The Record are all currently on sale on the US PSN store for $6 each

Yes, that was me! I already own all those games, but other people should buy them too!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Arist posted:

Yes, that was me! I already own all those games, but other people should buy them too!

I haven't played any other than the very first back when it was a new release. I just grabbed Off The Record when I noticed the sale so your propaganda worked on at least one person

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Arist posted:

I can't believe Yakuza is shifting fully to the "Like a Dragon" branding, feels good that the series is big enough that they think they can survive that name change

straight up owns. its a better title too. should go back and re-release everything with that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

I appreciate the thread change VG. I lurked in the old one and posted occasionally, but the atmosphere was not great so I eventually stopped trying.

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon a good starting point for that series? Or is it too much of a spin-off to be a good intro? I’ve been interested in that series for a while but I have no idea where to start at this point, and Ishin looks rad so I’d like to get at least one Yakuza game under my belt before I pick that up.