Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This summer we get to enjoy the Borderlands movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

:hai:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

No jury will convict Randy, he's above the law. But one day we'll stop him!

It is nice to see Duke Nukem in an official tweet, further proof Duke still exists, I demand Duke Nukem 5 one day. Also Half-Life 3.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Heavy Metal posted:

I demand Duke Nukem 5 one day.

Hello. What course has your life taken to reach this point?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fix posted:

Hello. What course has your life taken to reach this point?

The Duke fan is like the Rodney Dangerfield of gamers, gets no respect. I think a simple explanation, Duke Nukem 3D is one of the top 5 games ever made, it was freakin' mindblowing and has some of the best level design ever, so creative, and I will be a fan for life. Also Jon St. John is a really funny cool guy.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Heavy Metal posted:

The Duke fan is like the Rodney Dangerfield of gamers, gets no respect.

Let me stop you there.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Fix posted:

Let me stop you there.

I don't think that's something we do on here! Everyone is entitled to geek out about their favorite random stuff.

In other related Jon St John / Duke related news, Mega64 has this classic video Doug Huggem. And now maybe an April fools thing, but they claim they're releasing a Doug Huggem game on 3/31!

https://twitter.com/mega64/status/1772248525155467623

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Almost 1 month to the day since release, my 120 hour (by no means completionist) FF7 Rebirth playthrough comes to a close. I felt all the feels and was pushed to the limit. Perhaps it is time to finally get some sleep.

:cry:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Am I in an ad?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Mega64 got started around these parts, they always deserve some buzz. It's a fun thingy!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Almost 1 month to the day since release, my 120 hour (by no means completionist) FF7 Rebirth playthrough comes to a close. I felt all the feels and was pushed to the limit. Perhaps it is time to finally get some sleep.

Kudos on game beatery! Sleep is good I hear

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hooray!!!! Glad you and fridge have finished it. What a loving excellent game god drat

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Im still in junon, taking a dog for a walk.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I like this thread and I don't believe in anime grunts. Maybe I just grunt a lot IRL. We'll never know.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shut the gently caress up Randy Pitchford

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

:sympathy:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

That very last stage of the end boss whipped my fuckin rear end numerous times on Dynamic. I was almost on the verge of insanity having been wiped by an instakill attack half a dozen times with like 1% boss health to go. The winning round finally came with using Cloud's Infinity's End at the very last second, but I'm sure I was only seconds away from another wipe.

:negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

Im still in junon, taking a dog for a walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFF70_9cog

god tier :swoon:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lol the worst (actually best) thread on these forums is the unpopular videogames thread. It's a safe space for expression of controversial videogame takes and its genuinely cathartic to read in a way excessive positivity isn't

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bow wow wow

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Salmon's a good dog

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

Bow wow wow

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lol the worst (actually best) thread on these forums is the unpopular videogames thread. It's a safe space for expression of controversial videogame takes and its genuinely cathartic to read in a way excessive positivity isn't

Point me to the excessive positivity.

Please.

I'd much prefer it to whatever is happening most of the time here.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Forums drama is the most boring thing - the last time I was interested on it was the fuckin uhh GAMEZVILLE forum back in 2005

:edit: I don't think there's excessive positivity, but there is contrived positivity in retaliation to blistering hot lovely contrarian takes

:edit: I will use the Sophons from Three body problem to delete all instances of Final Fantasy from the earth

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 28, 2024

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

That thread is absolutely hosed and I enjoy posting excessively positive things in it

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Is this 'excessive positivity' in this room thread with us right now?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As if a GBS thread could be good

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

fridge corn posted:

That thread is absolutely hosed and I enjoy posting excessively positive things in it

I've came around to that over the more negative posts but I'll never find the extreme dota hate anything but hilarious

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
I haven't touched the FF7:rebirb in a week. The highs (main story, card-game) are pretty high, but the lows (open world) are pretty low.
I dropped off around the Yuffie section and haven't played since.

I'd give it FF... 7 out of 10.

I played the new Alone in the Dark instead. a classic style survivor horror game. Lot of jank, but the story and world are just perfect.
Exploring a 1920s nuthouse located within Lousianas swampy regions is fun. Combat isn't anything special, but rest of the game just feels right.
I'd give it 8 out of 10 tentacles.

Now I just need to finish it with the other character too and apparently there's 5 endings.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Mar 28, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Sorry you thread sucks.

Here is a new game
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0287-CUSA47060_00-0417586990146417

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unless it's been patched recently you can't get two of the endings because the conditions never trigger after you've done everything you need to.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Waiting for the store to update so I can nab Open Roads

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Waiting for the store to update so I can nab Stellar Butts

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Both of these exist in Rise of Ronin

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Veeg already streams this every week

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh man

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Sakurazuka posted:

Bow wow wow

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ngl https://youtu.be/5u3iv8AT8G8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
This thread is a mix of people liking stuff and disliking stuff. That is the ideal. Either of the others is not conducive for a general thread.

I am tired of seeing people hyperbolically hate things though. I would prefer positive stuff but I would never enforce it (unless the thread is a designated positive zone and very few exist) because I like people having conversations about stuff.

The differences in thoughts is something I want to read. Some people do take it to the extreme and write things like “objectively” which is a strange word to use on what are basically opinions and thus only ever subjective but hey go wild and be weird.

Video games (the entertainment side and not the development side :( too many layoffs) are in a golden state. We are incredibly lucky to have so much varied stuff to enjoy and there is 100% something for everyone.

I just hope all good devs laid off find work and are able to continue to make great stuff for us all.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I love to look on the positive side of games and find the fun.
I approve of this video games message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thing I love: awesome

Thing you love: you loving degenerate