Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Blahh-ti vidya imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I prefer Zullie cause of their very short videos and also exposing the world and connecting the dots. It’s all very convincing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgpGgRTdgU

Eddy no, please turn your hair to the front or put it backwards. How much longer can Killmonger reign over men's hair styles like this?

Between the anime grunts, this is the main thing that stuck out to me.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Vintersorg posted:

I prefer Zullie cause of their very short videos and also exposing the world and connecting the dots. It’s all very convincing.

Zullie the Witch also made those cool False Depth dungeons in Bloodborne so they've at least done something useful as well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does Zullie still not speak at all and just use text? I was never a fan of that. Otherwise vids are good

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I played Elden Ring not knowing anything or having any kind of emotional connection to anything that was happening. I only did things because a pretty lady asked me to and gave me a great goathorse to sweeten the deal. Then another pretty lady married me and wanted to take me into space or somesuch. I dunno. I didn't even know what the Lands Between was supposed to be or why I should care what happens to it.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 29, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
In Elden Ring I just accepted that I was a random dickhead that had accidentally entered some Running Man style competition to be the Elden Lord, and the rules were that I have to kill all the royal families in the world to win. So win I did.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RareAcumen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANgpGgRTdgU

Eddy no, please turn your hair to the front or put it backwards. How much longer can Killmonger reign over men's hair styles like this?

Between the anime grunts, this is the main thing that stuck out to me.

Eddie looks cool

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

IMO the best way to interact with Souls lore is to run on vibes. Read things, talk to NPCs, draw your own conclusions, but also don't be literal about it. The background info is there to give a specific feeling to the world, to create the vibe, more than anything. That's also why the lore is sometimes contradictory (that, and because real mythology contains contradictions in different tellings, too).

I don't have any problem with VaatiVidya or any other lore channel, though. It's also fun to try to put the puzzle pieces together and imagine what pieces might fill the gaps.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
I find all the vidyavaati copycats who popped up for other games way more funny cos none of them got the juice or voice and they think they do

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 29, 2024

Kefa
Jul 14, 2023

Harrow posted:

IMO the best way to interact with Souls lore is to run on vibes. Read things, talk to NPCs, draw your own conclusions, but also don't be literal about it. The background info is there to give a specific feeling to the world, to create the vibe, more than anything. That's also why the lore is sometimes contradictory (that, and because real mythology contains contradictions in different tellings, too).

I don't have any problem with VaatiVidya or any other lore channel, though. It's also fun to try to put the puzzle pieces together and imagine what pieces might fill the gaps.

That’s how I play them, I essentially make up my own story. It’s all hazy and I wouldn’t be able to tell it to anyone but in my head it works and creates a vibe.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

you could play these games without reading a single item description and still learn a lot just by paying attention to recurring visual motifs, environmental details, and character designs

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
When I first completed the game I had no idea who Radagon was and what was his connection to Marika but it was still cool as hell hearing ER theme song. Vibes.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Augus posted:

learn a lot just by paying attention

This, however, is not how gamers roll.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

goblin week posted:

This, however, is not how gamers roll.

they're exclusively at max encumbrance :classiclol:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Escobarbarian posted:

Does Zullie still not speak at all and just use text? I was never a fan of that. Otherwise vids are good

Zullie is probably not a sexy cartoon witch in real life so I'm sure at this point is (rightfully) cautious about leaking any details of their real self because there is absolutely a small army of chuds ready to go nuclear when they learn their soul hacking waifu is not her persona. The internet loving sucks, man.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
I Bravely tried the stellar blade demo and it is too creepy for me to enjoy. The comment someone made in here about the dev leaning over your shoulder breathing heavy and saying "pretty hot huh" was spot on. You're introduced to your character by seeing them bust out of an escape pod nearly nude and glistening with oil. Weird, imo!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whoever makes the stellar blade thread please use this tag:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

Whoever makes the stellar blade thread please use this tag:

Goes without saying.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

apophenium posted:

I Bravely tried the stellar blade demo and it is too creepy for me to enjoy. The comment someone made in here about the dev leaning over your shoulder breathing heavy and saying "pretty hot huh" was spot on. You're introduced to your character by seeing them bust out of an escape pod nearly nude and glistening with oil. Weird, imo!

OMG, did she have bewbs? SO creepy! SO weird!

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AcidCat posted:

The creepy part to me is the people making the game spending extra time to make a character to be ogled. I'd like games to move beyond that, personally. But if you think boobs are gross that's fine too

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

apophenium posted:

The creepy part to me is the people making the game spending extra time to make a character to be ogled. I'd like games to move beyond that, personally. But if you think boobs are gross that's fine too

Yeah, I played the demo and the extra boss fight. Stellar Blade is just fetish wank bait. It's Nier Automata but worse. At least Yoko Taro mixes his fetishes in with some other good ideas, this is just Creepy: The Game.

Looking forward to the perverts and I'm So Apathetic On the Internet types defending it for another month before it comes out though. That'll be fun.

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

Up at 5am on a bank holiday.......... guess that means i gotta play Final Fantasy all day long

Yeah my dog woke me up at 5 so we ate, walked, and sat down to play FF before I had to get ready for work. This game is hard to play in 1-hr chunks only a few times a week.

I'm only just now in Junon, lol.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Playing through Hi-Fi Rush atm the moment and gonna be honest, it kinda sucks!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The no latency adjustment completely killed any interest I had in Hi-Fi Rush. Maybe it's fine?? But I'm so sensitive to that sort of thing that I'm not paying £28 to find out if the game is playable or not

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Aipsh posted:

*inhales sharply, steeples fingers*

I disagree

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aipsh posted:

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying it.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

AcidCat posted:

Boobs are Cool & Good, but there's a time and place imo

Quiet in MGSV was the same, just wildly inappropriate and didn't really have a good justification for it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Quiet in MGSV was the same, just wildly inappropriate and didn't really have a good justification for it

You don't think breathing through your skin is a good justification to wear fewer clothes?

You should be ashamed of your words and deeds.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
everyone has their own degree of tolerance for titillation and stellar blade seems to be on the far end of what can be considered reasonable

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

... tit ...

tee hee

EDIT: I spent what could be considered a good friday using my pee ess five as a media machine to watch Two Towers and Return of the King and buying cross-buy games for Vita which was great except for one (Ys Origin) that didn't actually mean that it was cross buy for the Vita but was said to be on psdeals.net. Gonna have to check the fine print going forward.

:amen:

23 Skidoo fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 29, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing idg about stellar blade is that they could have put in as many boobs as they want but they only gave her 2, like why not just give her 8 boobs it would increase the value proposition a lot. Just rows of boob s

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

The thing idg about stellar blade is that they could have put in as many boobs as they want but they only gave her 2, like why not just give her 8 boobs it would increase the value proposition a lot. Just rows of boob s

They could have just called it Stellar Boobs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

veni veni veni posted:

. Just rows of boob s

But we've already got that in this very thread

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

AcidCat posted:

Eh, this is the company who said they were taking a stand against "toxic feminism" when asked about why they fired women who complained against sexual harassment in the workplace. I think we can raise an eyebrow at how they depict women in their games. The game goes to a bit of an extreme, so the reactions are more extreme. 2B/Tifa etc. didn't rile people up this much.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Isn’t bayonetta the same horny action game for teens and goons alike which always gets a pass? I’ll have to try the stellar rear end demo and compare the pixels.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Bugblatter posted:

Eh, this is the company who said they were taking a stand against "toxic feminism" when asked about why they fired women who complained against sexual harassment in the workplace. I think we can raise an eyebrow at how they depict women in their games. The game goes to a bit of an extreme, so the reactions are more extreme. 2B/Tifa etc. didn't rile people up this much.

Jesus christ why are people defending this, that's so despicable

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bugblatter posted:

Wait did they actually say this? I wish developers would have the good sense to at least let me try the game a little before canceling themselves!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Isn’t bayonetta the same horny action game for teens and goons alike which always gets a pass? I’ll have to try the stellar rear end demo and compare the pixels.

Bayonetta, despite the basic premise being "A dominatrix witch who strips to attack", is somehow less horny than Stellar Blade. (And, TBH, DMCV)