Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The day 1 patch adds NG+ and fixes some of the animation delays among other things. Having to choose between that and your stand against wokeness is lol as hell.

I think this sign is meant for screenshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Stellar babe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Are the up skirt panty shots still in tho? ARE THEY???

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m a little confused because the game seems to still have an outfit where she’s basically naked. If it’s being censored why would they censor the outfits where she’s more clothed?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Far as I'm aware they didn't, someone posted an edited image of the swimsuit outfit to rile them up and no one bothered to check.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

Far as I'm aware they didn't, someone posted an edited image of the swimsuit outfit to rile them up and no one bothered to check.

If they are actually all just reacting to a malicious photoshop, that's loving hilarious

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am having fun with Megaton Musashi so far but I have to admit it is kind of reaching the point of exhaustion. There are like 6 different distinct upgrade things each of which has their own specific resource or loot which of course has rarity and ranks and randomlized skills and it all ends up kind of blurring together, especially since the game so far isn't remotely hard enough to justify the kind of minmaxing. Every five seconds it is unlocking some new collectable or resource or random poo poo you have to pick up off the ground, most of which also is necessary to unlock character sidequests which can be anything from useful items to "You can go into the Art Room now". And those collectables are also determined by time of day so you need to visit each area at every possible time of the day to make sure you collect everything, except new things are added as the game progresses so even if you collect everything then you have to do it again when the game decides you need to collect graffiti now in addition to medals and alien parts and random stamps, and yada yada yada.

It might feel better once the game gets harder but as it stands I kind of dread every time the game tells me I've unlocked yet another upgrade thing.

Edit: And like, I should note that I have a super high tolerance for this. I played the everliving poo poo out of Gundam Breaker 3 for example.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 27, 2024

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Arist posted:

If they are actually all just reacting to a malicious photoshop, that's loving hilarious

I wonder how many of these people actually own the game.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it's cool that the crowd that calls themselves "anti-censorship" have created an environment where horny artists can't make slight tweaks to their horny character designs without being bombarded with hate mail over perceived censorship

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Augus posted:

it's cool that the crowd that calls themselves "anti-censorship" have created an environment where horny artists can't make slight tweaks to their horny character designs without being bombarded with hate mail over perceived censorship

They are people that have never looked at anything and thought "yeah that's maybe a bit too horny."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely can not imagine caring that much. You are on the internet. If you want to see horny versions of characters you can type a character's name into google and get a billion results months before the game comes out.

Or hell, we're in the era where terrible AI art exists, you can probably type "EVE STELLAR BLADE BIG BOOBS PANTY SHOT" into an AI generator and get something that satisfies your itch.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely can not imagine caring that much. You are on the internet. If you want to see horny versions of characters you can type a character's name into google and get a billion results months before the game comes out.

Or hell, we're in the era where terrible AI art exists, you can probably type "EVE STELLAR BLADE BIG BOOBS PANTY SHOT" into an AI generator and get something that satisfies your itch.

Yeah but there’s no grifting money to be made on that.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

That requires more effort than just whinning over whatever social media (sadly)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Oh I don’t know , AI art is pretty rough so I don’t see that satisfying anyone

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Oh I don’t know , AI art is pretty rough so I don’t see that satisfying anyone

People make good money selling commissioned AI art, sadly

E: vv I know it's not the point you're trying to make but from what I've seen these people are like twice that age which makes it pretty depressing. Half the dudes who posted videos of themselves in that petition looked like they could be in their 40s even.

FireWorksWell fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 27, 2024

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I guess it's funny so I get it, but you guys really should stop engaging with this poo poo so much. You're giving them exactly what they want.

Everytime some 14 year old shut in posts some angry horny poo poo on twitter or change.org and y'all talk about it for 5 pages, they win.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just want to talk about good video games.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

there are no good video games

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Arist posted:

there are no good video games

My friend, have you heard the good word about our lord and savior, Balatro?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I need a volume slider for Eve's battle yelps, the last YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA in her combos is like the loudest thing in the entire game by a wide margin. I could turn voices down but then I'd miss out on the SyFy quality voice acting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Balatro is a demonic game that has come to claim our souls

(yes)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Eve's English voice actor isn't listen on IMDB for whatever reason but she sounds very closely like Isobel from BG3.

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Balatro is way too random and didn’t deserve $11m

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

veni veni veni posted:

I guess it's funny so I get it, but you guys really should stop engaging with this poo poo so much. You're giving them exactly what they want.

Everytime some 14 year old shut in posts some angry horny poo poo on twitter or change.org and y'all talk about it for 5 pages, they win.

what do they win

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lately many people have been recommending Balatro, the indie roguelike deckbuilder that released earlier this year. To that I recommend another foreign word instead: Basura!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sengoku Basara?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hyphz posted:

It's not actually that random if you're playing it right, like most deckbuilders

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

hyphz posted:

Balatro isn't that random. It is trivial to make a sure win deck

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Balatro is so loving good I have almost 100 hours in it and finally beat Orange stakes the other day!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Escobarbarian posted:

Balatro is so loving good I have almost 100 hours in it and finally beat Orange stakes the other day!

Cheers bro I’ll drink to that, now just attack those 20 challenges and go absolutely fuckin-absolutely insane trying to clear challenge 18 and 20

Kale
May 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's cause it's not actually about that with those people. They're whole personalities and life goals revolve around casting themselves as the victims of something at the same time as trying to stick it to their perceived enemies somehow. Right now the enemy of "The Gamers" (TM) are the journalists and Sweet Baby Inc. who literally aren't even doing anything and have no ability to influence decisions made by Sony and their partner studios in Korea, but that for the narrative must always be secretely plotting against "The Gamers" (TM) to take away their fanservice and "uglify" every characters. That's it. All other factors run through this filter of constant victimhood, paranoia and narrative so it was always gonna end up this way with the game and the 180ing on it hard somehow at launch. It's not about artistic integrity either cause the games director was literally asked about it and he said the costumes in the 1.02 day 1 patched game were the ones that he and his team intended to be the final versions of them. Somehow the directors own stated wishes are not good enough though in this situation, which blows up the anti-censorship crowds whole narrative of artistic integrity to me. They just want these artists and directors to bend the knee to their desires only, not their own or anyone else's otherwise they have a loving kiddie meltdown over it.

poo poo like this happens with Asian games in general nowadays though. Like with the Hoyoverse games for example there tends to be a lot of beta leaks where model animations and costumes may slightly get tweaked before the final release version and any time anything like that gets tweaked it's automatically worse somehow and horribly censored as opposed to just tweaked. One of their games that's not even out yet and still working through it's betas had a massive freakout over this pink hair chick getting a similar sort of inlay on her clothing that barely makes a discernible difference cause of the need for victimhood and anti-censorship bullshit, but like maybe they just want the character to look a certain way at launch and poo poo changes during beta phases to final versions all the loving time. The only real thing IMO that's changed these days is that it's a lot more transparent with some of these games having lengthy open beta tests and leaks so people perceive more things as censorship that are just the normal sort of development of graphical assets that are no longer behind the curtain. The only real sort of solution I can think of is to just put it all back behind the curtain again, but that would mean forgoing any sort of hype marketing and drip feed at all and a double edged sword. No real way to win as a developer.

Can't help but notice that games twitter page has gone oddly silent after launch day. Usually the marketing continues for a decent while after, but it just stopped cold as soon as the meltdowns began. :shrug:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is stellar blade a game about loving or loving things up? Cuz for the first I can see why people would be unhappy, but for the second...people have broken brains.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Sakurazuka posted:

From what I've gathered, it wasn't a photoshop and the outfit did used to look that prior way in earlier builds.

Except.... the game was still in development and subject to change. The director has straight up come out and said that the outfit changes were intentional and this final design is the outfit they've wanted all along essentially.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

There are video testimonials on there. I'm dying. https://www.change.org/p/free-stellar-blade

Lmao thank you. Half of them are displaying advanced male pattern baldness. Update your stereotypes folks. Someday we're gonna share retirement homes with people still ranting about Abbie's sex scene

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I take back my moral high ground those testimonials are hilarious. Not a single one of those guys is under 35

acksplode
May 17, 2004

*avoiding eye contact with the camera lens*

Kale
May 14, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Is stellar blade a game about loving or loving things up? Cuz for the first I can see why people would be unhappy, but for the second...people have broken brains.

Not sure how well known this term is, but yes and no. There's a lot of "Guro" in it (basically weird gross fringe fetish of female characters being dismembered), but there's also a lot of pretty soldier girl taking down the giant monster type stuff too. It's pretty unabashedly in your face anime/manhwa tropey stuff where having a super model looking character fighting in high heels and lipstick pirouetting around stabbing and cutting monsters apart is played off as completely loving normal poo poo and just how you go about solving a monster apocalypse on Earth. Depending on your experiences with Asian genre fiction this may in fact be completely normal and common place poo poo to you, or it may also be a revelation and dawn of a new era in gaming like it seems to be to these anti-censorship bros. I find it hard to believe in 2024 where anime and JRPG titles have gone mainstream that Eve and Stellar Blade is a brand new concept to people really. :shrug:

A kind of good comment I saw on the game last night in a stream with regard to the sexualization in the game is that the some of the characters clothing choices are sexiness overloaded into sorta bland and funny territory. Really kind of sums up my overall impression of a lot of it. It can be a bit hard to take seriously when they're trying to have expository dialogue moments and brood about the horrors of the conflict and they're basically half naked and jiggling in place.

Like I'm still somewhat surprised Sony gave this game this much of a push and marketing having actually seen some of the dialogue, characterization, exposition, and scene direction in it, and can only guess that they saw the early concept trailers and have been really trying to recreate the conditions that caused Nier:Automata to blow up with it and so that they are the ones reaping the majority profits instead of Square Enix to the point where they offered Shift Up a lot of production and marketing help for a say in the direction of the games development and console exclusivity.

acksplode posted:

Lmao thank you. Half of them are displaying advanced male pattern baldness. Update your stereotypes folks. Someday we're gonna share retirement homes with people still ranting about Abbie's sex scene

Literally the 180 of all times from about a week ago to launch day with these fuckers. Do they think people in Korea and Japan where the game is likely to see the bulk of it's sales honestly give a slight gently caress either way? I'd have normally called it loving around and finding out with the crazy gamer bro crowd, but the devs clearly never intended to cater to the anti-censorship crowd with the game anyway so kind of hard to look at it that way.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Apr 27, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waltzing Along posted:

From what I can gather, it's like a Nier Automata situation where the main character design is a bit horny but the game otherwise is not.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

what do they win

Attention. I dunno lately I'm just tired of seeing everyone engage with culture warrior poo poo all the time but I chose the wrong hill for this one because it's indeed hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

2B's character design is certainly horny but I think it also just looks a lot better than Eve's (and is better complemented by the art style as well). This is the one post I will make about Stellar Blade itself because I have no interest in playing it.