Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
:<
I mean, we play a ton of games from awful people/studios/publishers all the time, we could go through the numerous scandals, literal deaths, and other things.

This game has just become a lightning rod for the worst people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Big titty anime gachas are big money and Sony wants some of that money.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Also, we just had months of people thirsting over The BG3 characters. I think people are hornier than people assume.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
It is kind of wild that Sony is publishing it. Considering they are usually known for their sad dad simulators (which I like).

Honestly, trying to get a reading on the game now is impossible as it’s just become a culture war lightning rod.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I know people are complaining about the bad controls, bad cinematics, boob physics, bad VO and skimpy costumes but I think Dragon’s Dogma 2 is still a solid 8/10.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I think DD2 will be polarizing like the first one. I was super into it at first but fighting goblins, wolves, and harpies just stinks after a while. Honestly, cut the amount of trash mobs like goblins and just add more big monsters to fight as those are fun until you do too much damage.

Also the bad performance continues to be bothersome, sometimes the game looks amazing and next gen and other times it looks like the first game at 30fps.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I thought the demo was pretty good, the story and VO is pretty bad though. Combat is definitely a highlight, it’ll be a solid 8/10 is what I feel. I can’t wait for the reviews to hit though, this game is going to get dragged for being horny even though I think it’s pretty tame compared to like SF6 or Nier (which this game is a shameless copy)

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

It is a chud game too

That’s every game made by a big publisher.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
Lmao, why is there so much pearl clutching about this game? Dragon’s Dogma has thongs, Bikini armor, and says your pawns have no will but to serve you? That’s not touching Wilhelmina or her brothel either.

This game is barely discernible from a million other anime games with jiggling bits. Nioh is like the best comparison.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Don’t let these people see Nier or Bayonetta if they think that is creepy.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006

Augus posted:

the second thing that happens in Stellar Blade after the extremely horny introduction is that dozens of women in the same skintight outfits as the protagonist get graphically butchered. It’s very off-putting imho

But uh dragons dogma has a brothel I guess,.

Did you play Nier Automata?

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I’m not going to die on this hill as the game isn’t worth it but you guys are blowing this out of proportion.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
It’s going to be great at review time for stellar blade, the thread will be unreadable. I wonder how they are going to thread the needle on it.

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I just got a PS5, it’s the hot topic and people are getting all upset about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Packinham
Dec 30, 2006
I feel like half this stuff is done on purpose for marketing. It feels like Sony and all of them wanted controversies to sell the game.

It’s a solid game, the outfits are absurd but the combat, music and world design is great.